MediaTemple - 60 day review

Hi all,

I've had a simple Grid-Service account with MediaTemple for 60 days, and have been very satisfied with their service and support. Would just like to acknowledge that here and give a few reviews on certain areas of their hosting as of now. I will post a review later on regarding their long term service

1. Reliability
    In terms of reliability, it is true that MediaTemple can handle major spikes and sustain the website. However be reminded that during a spike, bandwidth can often be consumed rapidly. This happened with my website, with the bandwidth going over allotted amount. However MediaTemple did a wonderful job in detecting and helping me settle the issue regarding the spike.
    Their uptime has been 100% according to my stats other than the short downtimes that they announced earlier for maintenance purposes.

2. Cost
    I am definitely receiving dedicated server power from this little Grid-Server. Although I haven't run extremely intense applications [yet], the amount of GPUs on the server has been able to sustain the processes and pages I have already been running. If you need to run a powerful website but can agree to a few basic limitations in terms of software usage at root, this is a great package to consider.

3. Support
    MediaTemple's support via helpdesk is certainly slower than I would hope, typical response time around 12 hours. They are good at answering questions however and usually settle problems within a reply or two.
    Their support via phone is, however, another story. Most times they answer the call immediately and afterwards create a ticket with the support log. Their phone support is top notch and they are very down to earth with the technical terms. I appreciate the fact that they offer telephone support in contrast to many other large hosting companies that do not.

Overall, I would give MediaTemple a 9/10 for their hosting.

Comments appreciated.

Nice review! Be sure to use this link to provide the Gods of WHT with your domain and or IP hosted with MediaTemple. Which, I am sure you have already done so since you have a pretty high post count.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Sounds like you had a great experience with them, they are quite admirable. Thanks for sharing the review!

Thanks for the review. I might try them soon.

9/10.... Sweet review. Nothing to comment. You have found your host. Good luck

Great review! Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of MediaTemple. I haven't seen alot on WHT, or other forums for that matter, in regards to MediaTemple. It's nice to be able to read a review. I hope your relationship with MediaTemple continues in a positive way. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Thanks for sharing your good experience with MT. Always it is nice to see a happy customer. Give us regular updates in future.

Thanks for the review. Please keep this thread updated in the future.

The Midwest
    Thanks for the review. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on here about (mt) lately.