* I need Unmetered Vps

Hello i need a unmetered vps , i need windows but any other OS will work , will be gud if there would be windows , 100 mb line

i just need vps for download and uploading movies. these are my basic needs.

my budget is 20$ month. thanks.

i recommend useing a Linux Desktop based VPS , which will need less resources.
    beast5.com İ - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

I will use it for uploading and download movies only. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by harpreetxi View Post
    I will use it for uploading and download movies only. thats it
    with firefox?

i need to use IDM , coz its fast

To run IDM You should look for a Windows Based VPS provider,

go over the vps offers thread, and look for a suitable provider, within your budget limitations.

I might add, for windows you should look for at least 512MB of ram in order to enjoy your server, without freezing/slowing down.

ok do you sell also ?

ok do you sell also ?
    Hi, the forum rules do not allow hosts to self promote their services.

It is up to you to contact hosts search for packages and ask the hosts.

you use IDM via wine on a linux box

what do u mean by un-metered vps ?? Do u mean in bandwidth , cpu , RAM, space ?? If u r expecting to get such a un-metered resource for $20 u must be dreaming for 100mbps connection port, I am not sure if beastsrv understood his post properly

100Mbps unmetered costs me about $899/mo... Even a place like uberbandwidth is still about $400/mo for an unmetered 100Mbps pipe. Now these prices are for 'true' unmetered bandwidth, so that makes a difference. Just throwing that info out there.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_smithee View Post
    you use IDM via wine on a linux box
    this kind of setup defeats the low ram option, better of looking for a windows vps insted of playing around with wine.

it dosen't gives any error ? means can be used easily ?

Have you run some searches on the 'offers' forum for unmetered vps hosting?

There are actually quite a few providers that can/will offer unmeteted (100mbps) at a decent price. Of course its not a dedicated unmetered line, its a shared (which isn't going to cost anywhere near as much as a dedicated pipe)
    Last edited by sirius; 09-14-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Hmmm, strange I didn't see anyone to say "No" to this request. It is not serious to ask for "unmetered" VPS and at the same to be willing to pay only $20/mo. And when it comes to Windows, my advice would be "just forget it".
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

It would be impossible for you to find a windows unmetered vps for $20/mo. I would recommend you check out the VPS offers forum. Hope you can find some good deals there.

uuea i am doing that only

Expect to pay at least $100/mth for 100mbit unmetered at anything remotely near decent quality, and at that price, it *will* be (heavily) shared.

If you find anything, at that price point either the servers are overloaded or the Windows Licenses are pirated

Quote Originally Posted by [Enotch] Mike View Post
    If you find anything, at that price point either the servers are overloaded or the Windows Licenses are pirated
    At $20? Could be both

Yea, good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guspaz View Post
    Expect to pay at least $100/mth for 100mbit unmetered at anything remotely near decent quality, and at that price, it *will* be (heavily) shared.
    I would venture to say 'shared' 100Mbps unmetered for that price.

Hello i need a unmetered vps , i need windows but any other OS will work , will be gud if there would be windows , 100 mb line

i just need vps for download and uploading movies. these are my basic needs.

my budget is 20$ month. thanks.
    Unmetered ? I thing it's will trouble to get windows license you must upgrade your budget sir.

$20 unmetered? Wow not asking for very much are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    $20 unmetered? Wow not asking for very much are you?
    It is a bit silly, but we really only just need to inform, not be too rude.

So yeah, $20 for 'any' unmetered VPS is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    It is a bit silly, but we really only just need to inform, not be too rude.

So yeah, $20 for 'any' unmetered VPS is just silly.
    Not entirely. I had a VPS for about that that outperformed the advertised speeds and was in effect 10-12 mbit/s unmetered...

Of course, it didn't run Windows, and the reliability left something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Guspaz View Post
    Not entirely. I had a VPS for about that that outperformed the advertised speeds and was in effect 10-12 mbit/s unmetered...

Of course, it didn't run Windows, and the reliability left something to be desired.
    In other words you get what you pay for, reason being, even at it's cheapest. @ say $4.00 per megabit, you were pushing 10-12Mbps which would be equal to costing the provider $40-$50/mo in bandwidth alone. Factor in equipment, power, support, possible maintenance. Basically general business overhead, it's not feasible for a reliable business partner.

The way I see it, web hosting is not just hosting it's a business partnership. Providing your client with reliable services for a long term relationship. A decent VPS will run you anywhere from $50-$100/Mo depending on your wants/needs from a reliable provider. You really do get what you pay for, there's no really reliable way around that.

Also just because something says they provide X amount of GB or you are only allowed 5Mbps per month does not mean it's not connected to a 100Mbps pipe, etc. For example I have 5Mbps on the 95th percentile, and go over if I need to, I can max out the pipe to 100Mbps no problem. CPC would be happy to bill me for it, lol

If you are looking for a more powerful and reliable alternative to the shared hosting environment, but are not ready to get your own dedicated server, then VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is for you. It is less expensive than Dedicated Server hosting but has many of the same features including dedicated CPU, dedicated storage and dedicated memory.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    The way I see it, web hosting is not just hosting it's a business partnership. Providing your client with reliable services for a long term relationship. A decent VPS will run you anywhere from $50-$100/Mo depending on your wants/needs from a reliable provider. You really do get what you pay for, there's no really reliable way around that.
    Depending on your bandwidth needs, perhaps. But even the most reliable VPS providers often have plans starting at $20 or $30. And they also usually have more expensive plans that start costing $150-200 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by XTR3M3 View Post
    If you are looking for a more powerful and reliable alternative to the shared hosting environment, but are not ready to get your own dedicated server, then VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is for you. It is less expensive than Dedicated Server hosting but has many of the same features including dedicated CPU, dedicated storage and dedicated memory.
    Do you even realize that you're in the VPS forum, not the dedicated server forum? The OP is looking for a VPS, and is obviously well aware of the difference.