Is this possible in the UK?

We are looking to expand our UK server fleet again and are now looking for the following:

Dual Quad Xeons
    16-32 GB RAM
    6 x SATA II 1 TB HDD
    Hardware RAID 10
    2000 GB DATA
    64 x IP's

Looking for a buy down option to get the cost to around 150-200 GBP per month. Also looking for a host who allow one off payments for IPs + HDD + RAM etc.

Thanks in advance.

You will need to be prepared to pay a setup fee, but from the sound of things that wont be a problem.

It's definatley doable, but you will most likely need to contact some providers for a custom quote. Off the top of my head no names come to mind who offer that kind of configuration by default.

As long as you can provide justification for IP addresses you will find that quite a few providers wont charge you for IP assignments on dedicated servers.

Can your current hosting provider in the UK not provide you with this option?
    Rob - Creative Director
    Peartree Digital Media Solutions & Peartree Hosting Department.
    Providing a range of services from graphic design and XHTML coding to web hosting, VPS and dedicated servers.
    My views and opinions are my own and in no way do they represent the company I work for...

It's easily doable, if your willing to pay the setup fee's ("buy downs").

As long as the ips can be justified there will either be no charge or only a small admin charge.

Easiest way is to make a list of hosts and ping off some sales emails to get quotes.

I'm presuming you don't need any kind of management and just want the server and the rest is left up to you.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I know PoundHost do Dual Quad Xeons on their default line and could probably work with this

What about co-location if you're thinking of taking them long term, bit of an expensive move but atleast you own the hardware at the end of it.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

As others have said its doable but not really a standard off the shelf server.

As MediaFireBrand co location might also be worth a look, that way you could keep your monthly cost down but you would of course have a higher setup cost.
    MK Hosting - Reliable Affordable UK Hosting Since 2005
    www.mkhosting.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS - Colocation - IT Services

and if you have an equipment failure then it will cost you more in remote hands unless you live in the UK and want to replace the crashed bit yourself.
    Rob - Creative Director
    Providing a range of services from graphic design and XHTML coding to web hosting, VPS and dedicated servers.
    My views and opinions are my own and in no way do they represent the company I work for...

Co-lo makes more sense for at least 3 or 4 servers, not really with just 1. Especially if your not local to the dc you can as Rob said incur more cost through RH.

I think you could certainly get something but you would be looking at a fairly hefty setup fee.

There are some providers that do dual quad xeon's which would be a good place to start, but with your need for quite a few hard drives and RAID 10 it's going to be a custom solution.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Im sure there are some providers here who could do you 6 1TB drives in Raid 10. I don't know of any company which wouldnt charge a setup fee for that spec.
    Rob - Creative Director

Absolutely, but it would be custom spec.

One way to get the initial cost down would be a 1 year or more contract, but that shouldn't be necessary.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Thanks for your replies. We have an office in the UK but its not practical for us to manage the servers via colocation. I'm looking around and inquiring with my current provider. On a similar note where is the cheapest place to host in the EU? Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    Thanks for your replies. We have an office in the UK but its not practical for us to manage the servers via colocation. I'm looking around and inquiring with my current provider. On a similar note where is the cheapest place to host in the EU? Germany?
    Germany is definitely cheap to get in, yes. France/OVH isn't too bad either.

Germany probably would be the cheapest, but do watch out for the quality of the host you choose. Being cheap often means they are used by a lot of warez and alike.

Having said that, those cheap places aren't always the best for higher end servers like yours.

Your more likely to get the best price from a smaller company (in the UK anyway) with a good buy down. As the larger ones prefer to just use their stock servers.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

http://www.1steasy.com/linux-dedicated-servers.htm

Take a look at that, hope it helps
    I don't post a lot.

Dual Quad Xeons
    16-32 GB RAM
    6 x SATA II 1 TB HDD
    Hardware RAID 10
    2000 GB DATA
    64 x IP's

Looking for a buy down option to get the cost to around 150-200 GBP per month. Also looking for a host who allow one off payments for IPs + HDD + RAM etc.
    That's not possible at that price. If you want to pay around that per month for that server, you'll have to commit the capital yourself - buy the server and co-locate.
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

For that price it's not possible. Go Colo

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    That's not possible at that price. If you want to pay around that per month for that server, you'll have to commit the capital yourself - buy the server and co-locate.

It is possible, just with a very large setup fee

Given that he likely doesn't want to have to be responsible for the hardware, it may be a better option for him.

Having said that, with the spec of it and also the use, it would make more sense long term to be thinking about rackspace and colo. As surely you would need more of these down the line (all things being equal).
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

No doubt someone will be crazy enough to do it with a large setup fee - but then you have to ask yourself, if the hardware goes bang can the host then afford to replace it? When they've only got enough money in to cover the power and the bandwidth (possibly). Cheap is very rarely cheerful.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.