* DirectSpace.net VPS :: Too good to be true

I found this offer from directspace.net - http://directspace.net/vps_dedicated.htm

20GB HDD, 512RAM, burst 1GB, bandwidth 1TB, 2IPs = 10$/month + 10$ for cpanel = 20$ per month.

and with their test file, I am downloading with 880-900Kb/s(Kbytes not kbps).

If we judge after the price is one of the best offers on the net. But what about reliability? What about uptime?

Plese tell me your opinion guys. I would like to test them 1 month

I have no experience with this host, so really can't comment. I'd suggest doing a search on the forums here and look for reviews about them.

I already tried, but not much success

Currently have a VPS with them...they don't do equal-share, you have a specific amount reserved for yourself. This does affect it negatively at times since the amount that's reserved to you is dependent on the the host node you get put on. The last time I had the Lite package I had 438MHz, this time it looks like I'm around 350MHz. Network wise, pretty good. Not sure how great their network is but I can pull full 100Mbit from my VPS, thing is, if I leave a ping running, often times a request will look like its timed out but then work 2-5 seconds later as if nothing happened. It's not timing out/lost packet, just getting stuck somewhere. Those are my only two gripes, aside from that they're pretty nice. According to the sales guy I got on live chat, these are powerful machines that didn't sell (directspace has their own facility) so rather than having them sit around doing nothing, they loaded them up as VM nodes.
    Hi, I'm Ron, a pleasure to meet you!

5TB of bandwidth for $50 is mega cheap bandwidth.

@Ron, can you give the link of your web to see how's going?

@Nnyan, why pay for 5TB if I use 50GB?

you can see here www.maychu.net
    Suppport: 4/5
    Speed: 3/5
    Performance as their desc: 3.5/5
    Cheap: 5/5
    Uptime: 4.5/5

For two months, their ISP (3rd tier) was out some times for some short periods, acceptable. I still be with them if not worse than now. At this time, it's as good as their prices. With 10$/month, that's ok.

As my needs, I purchased about 10 VPS from different networks, it stands the 2nd best position in my best list. It means good for me.

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by lovelycesar; 09-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    vpsoffers.com - a modest place for vps offers by sim so dep

wow, http://host-tracker.com/check_res_ajx/3307584-0/share/

Received responses: 19 Ok 24 Fail

Yeah, as I said, their big problem is the networking.
    vpsoffers.com - a modest place for vps offers by sim so dep

I got a vps from them last week, I like too keep hostingdispatch its self on a separate vps/server from my other servers that we host clients on. That dont do equal share. I bought the first plan with them just too test it out, Ram Usage is very high for only 3 sites its averaged at 70 % with the only whm addon being CSF & Mod Security. With the mail server as dovecot but so far they are good the support is a little slow but good.

Hi there,

I'm not sure where we said things are fair share? A few users have had some confusing settings set on their VPS so if you have an odd Mhz rating just let us know and we'll look into it for sure.

There was a pretty annoying DDOS this week that we've had to clean up after.

As I said if you do have some quirks do let us know in a ticket and we'll make corrections!

:-)

Thank you!
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by hostingdispatch View Post
    I got a vps from them last week, I like too keep hostingdispatch its self on a separate vps/server from my other servers that we host clients on. That dont do equal share. I bought the first plan with them just too test it out, Ram Usage is very high for only 3 sites its averaged at 70 % with the only whm addon being CSF & Mod Security. With the mail server as dovecot but so far they are good the support is a little slow but good.

Hey there,

I'll personally apologize about some of the slower responses on our support. One of our techs has been dealing with a nasty case of kidney stones and we simply told him to stay home and rest instead of trying to come in and us having to rush him off to the emergency room.

Check to see if your memory reports as only 512MB instead of 1GB. We're thinking there might be a quirk in how ISP Systems handles bursting RAM so users are actually getting capped. If that's what's happening to you let me know in a ticket and we'll correct it.

Thanks,
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years