How much is your SEO budget?

Just like to check - how much do you guys spend on SEO every month?
    Last edited by vodien; 09-11-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: wrong forum

I spend about 4 hours a day, and hasn't spent any on seo yet. I'm doing it all by myself.

only 100 buckeroos

Quote Originally Posted by vodien View Post
    Initially started at 100 euros a month for about 6 months. Then once I spent 300 euros. Thats it.

Like 2 years ago.

What if you are a professional yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by arty101 View Post
    What if you are a professional yourself?
    Lucky being you, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Lucky being you, huh?
    wish had some other job@.@

spend should equal reward.

iys worth soedning 10,000 per month or SEO if it generates 100,000 worth of business.

A 100 is to much if you make nothign back from it

If you don't have time, then you definately should pay someone to assist you, and after you see more organic traffic you can up your budget quite abit.

Just my opinion.
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

Quote Originally Posted by vodien View Post
    Now nothing bcz no budget.. but planning to spend 100$/month to beat my competitors

$1000 a month.
    Visit today: PHP and Design Talk, Tutorials & Discussion
    http://www.goodphptutorials.com/

It's a really difficult one to answer. It depends on the competiveness of your market. I know people who pay for 2 hours a month, and others who pay for 40 a month. And then it depends on how much it is per hour - usually between $50 and $150.

Medium businesses generally need around 6 hours of focussed seo work per month I would say.

I tend to do all of the SEO for my websites. If I see something and think its worth investing money in, then I do. Other then that I don't have a set budget in which I use for SEO. I think if you take the time and read exactly 'how SEO works' you will see that you yourself can make it happen
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Not very easy to answer as spending money and time both will actually depend on the size of website, competition and number of keywords and the time frame you have taken to optimize your website. 100-200 pages of website targeting 4-5 primary keywords with moderate competition will take 1 -2 hours of your time daily. Payment would vary from provider to provider and activities being performed to optimize.

My SEO budget is zero, because I do everything myself

im also not spending a single centavo for my seo campaign but if this will not work maybe i do it.

A 100 - 200 page website should be targetting a 100 - 200 keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by TechHunter View Post
    Not very easy to answer as spending money and time both will actually depend on the size of website, competition and number of keywords and the time frame you have taken to optimize your website. 100-200 pages of website targeting 4-5 primary keywords with moderate competition will take 1 -2 hours of your time daily. Payment would vary from provider to provider and activities being performed to optimize.

It depends on the different stages of your work. When u on the promotion process, it is the most difficult part to handle and u have to spend the most money!

But, also the articel writng, I mean, I pay for others t do the job also needs money.

I do myself before payment and after that depend on ROI of product/services .
    Mail server - Thailand web hosting provider & Mail server solutions provider
    VPS - Virtual private servers in thailand by Virtuozzo Containner

it's hard to scale a fee for seo, cuz of 3 important things.
    1. you have to think about the competition of your key wods
    2. you have to think about the promotion period
    3. you have to institute your target, top10 or top1 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    I spend about 4 hours a day, and hasn't spent any on seo yet. I'm doing it all by myself.
    If your time was only worth $50 (a very low number by industry standards), that would mean you're spending the equivalent of $4,000/mo. assuming this is time you're not devoting to some sort of development work that would otherwise net you that pay.

----------

Here's a little perspective about pricing:

http://www.pagezero.com/seo/
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-price-an-seo-campaign

What matters is that you get the greatest possible return on your investment, whether you spend $1 or $10,000 per month. Typically, we're seeing design clients spending anywhere from $200 - $2000 per month on SEO.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

i do it my self so, i didnt spend money at all

If you have a large website then there is no point in doing SEO on your own. You need strategic approach and short, middle and long run plans. SEO budget for decent online shop starts from 800 EUR and up. This is coins compared to the ROI if complete seo is done the right way.

if you can do it by your self, you dont have to pay somebody to increase your traffic

Quote Originally Posted by angeli View Post
    if you can do it by your self, you dont have to pay somebody to increase your traffic
    it all depends. if you have 1-10 sites and work only on them, it is worth doing all the seo yourself. if you have hundreds of sites linking to each other and pushing you main site, i can't imagine how much time you need to optimize them. with big network it is worth using seo platform that would optimize sites and keep them in one unit.

hi,

i don't have a budget for Search Engine Optimization. I would prefer to do it myself since i know some of the ways of Search Engine Optimization..

thanks

SEO is easy...but needs investment in terms of time.So, it will depend on how much your time costs. But with an hour or two a day you can get back links to your site,submit some articles(if you want to)and tweak the tags on your site depending on how each keyword performs.

I spend around 4 hours a day doing SEO work never pay a dime for it.

well this depends if its a fulltime job or part time, also depends on the site, usually for fulltime around $1000, part time $350-500 a month.