Thread: Joe @ UNIXy

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Joe @ UNIXy

Hi guys,

I thought this might be helpful for those of you who are looking for someone that's highly skilled in managing servers.

I recently downgraded from a dedicated server to a shared hosting account. I needed to move all my files, dump and import all the databases, and rearrange/rename the root folders so they are in the right place.

After asking for free help here at WebHostingTalk, Joe from UNIXy offered me a hand. I just wanted to let you all know that he was able to move all my files, databases, and email files. He even sorted out the different paths on the new server and fixed up my databases.

A big thank you goes out to him and his hosting company. It was definitely the easiest and quickest server move I've ever been part of. I previously made a similar move through another person and it took them 2 weeks longer than UNIXy. I'm definitely going to go with UNIXy the next time I upgrade to a VPS or managed server.

They get a big fat 10 out of 10 from me. He went well out of his way to help me with this. I even sent him some emails at 3 AM and he would respond within 5 minutes with his Blackberry. Honestly, the best support I've ever received and he did it for free.

Thanks for the review . . . I've seen a few positive reviews of UNIXy around WHT lately, so he must be doing something right!

Houston, Texas, USA

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. I'll be happy to assist should you decide to upgrade in the future. I wish you good continuation and keep in touch.

UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe >

Wow. UNIXy sounds really good. Maybe i'll have a little look into them.

Hmmm..........five minute response at 3AM from his Blackberry? That's pretty heavy duty
    BTW by "shared hosting" you meant the "standard" webhosting program where you get a /home/username folder with FTP access and some SSH at most (besides the web, e-mail and database access, of course) and then you can only manage files at/have access to only that particular place?
    I have a BE NICE policy. Well, at least for those who are nice to me as well....

Picking on noobs doesn't mean you aren't one of them.

I now know where im getting my next vps. These prices are great.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

I have a VPS with UNIXy aka VPSLux and I can attest to what the OP says. My first month with them they were a huge hand. Now I get no support all... because I need none!
    Sean Shepard - Socially Responsible Web Hosting