Will search the forum.

Hmm . . . I don't get it.

Hmm . . . I don't get it.
    I am quite confused
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Well, after I posted I noticed the post right below mine was asking basically the same question. My question in a nutshell was 'who is better than PowWeb.' I searched for a consensus and didn't find one but basically that's what I need to know, the most popular shared host in the price range under $10. month.

the most popular shared host in the price range under $10. month
    I would not say their is a host that is popular from the rest, But in general Hostgator gets quite some attention!

What are you looking for in the terms of Space/Bandwidth and a Budget?
    - Just so we can get this rolling?

-Sean

PowWeb offers 'unlimited, unlimited' and I really don't need to take advantage of very much. I would like better load time and more dependable email services. PowWeb's tech support seems to be going downhill. I like their generous affiliate payment but can't continue on with them ...
    Budget $7.77 / $10. month

Their are quite a few and reputable webhosting services that would range from $5.00 to $10.00 per month and I am sure you do not need to be a customer of theirs to take part in their affiliate program.

It is good to see that you are not requiring unlimited as all would say, It is not real and they are quite right

Can I ask what sort of Bandwidth and Space you would be considering?

-Sean

Depending on your requirements, you could have a host for under $5 a month that would be dependable and reliable. Hosting prices have come down, and will continue to come down as long as components are manufactured more cheaply.

The best place to check is the Offers section, although do searches on providers before you sign up with them and it's always a good idea to only sign up for a month at a time, at least at first to get a feel for them.

Thanks. I really don't have a clue how much bandwidth I'm using. I have many, many sites hosted with PowWeb.
    Some are as small as 3.5 MB and another is 77.75 MB. Perhaps 20 MB would be a good average size.
    Last edited by LinKot; 09-10-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Can I ask what sort of Bandwidth and Space you would be considering?

-Sean
    The good question is what kind of sites will he be running.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Thanks. I really don't have a clue how much bandwidth I'm using. I have many, many sites hosted with PowWeb.
    Some are as small as 3.5 MB and another is 77.75 MB
    I take these are additional add-on domain sites, Even if they are add-ons you should be able to see how much bandwidth you are using via your control panel with PowWeb and the same reverted to space.

The good question is what kind of sites will he be running.
    Well that is another great question, Though are you questioning the sites he is actually running?

no blogs, etc. The sites are mostly for services, a few stores, one with mals-ecommerce ... some Flash, photo galleries (lightweight css driven).

By 'add ons' do you mean sharing the same account? If so, no. I have a couple that share the same account but the rest are all individual accounts.
    Last edited by LinKot; 09-10-2009 at 11:21 PM.

no blogs, etc. The sites are mostly for services, a few stores, one with mals-ecommerce ... some Flash, photo galleries (lightweight css driven).
    Depending on the sizes of the Galleries and the Flash it should be fine on a Shared Host unless they have quite some significant hits per month or consume a bit of CPU/RAM then you may need to upgrade. But at the sound of it you make it seem quite small, Maybe you can elaborate a bit on this more.

By 'add ons' do you mean sharing the same account? If so, no. I have a couple that share the same account but the rest are all individual accounts.
    I mean, Add-on Domains to your Shared Hosting Account you have with PowWeb. Not additonal panels, Just in the one service.

Were do I find out how much bandwidth I'm using?
    Not sure what Panel PowWeb uses though it should be on the left hand side of the front end if you are running with cPanel

Quote Originally Posted by LinKot View Post
    Well, after I posted I noticed the post right below mine was asking basically the same question. My question in a nutshell was 'who is better than PowWeb.' I searched for a consensus and didn't find one but basically that's what I need to know, the most popular shared host in the price range under $10. month.
    I would not make a decision based on 'popularity.' But rather base your decision on what works best for your situation.

You should be able to log into your control panel and find a display there which will tell you your bandwidth consumption. If you can't find one, it's possible they are using a proprietary control panel (I don't know from looking at their website).

If you make it clear to your host before you sign up, they might let you test the service to see how much bandwidth your websites do consume and adjust your package to accommodate.

You should be able to log into your control panel and find a display there which will tell you your bandwidth consumption. If you can't find one, it's possible they are using a proprietary control panel (I don't know from looking at their website).
    In any case you have possibility to get in touch with the web hosting and specify all details you are interested in