Our Cologuys experience

I believe i've bit my tongue long enough on this issue. I've been waiting about 2-3 weeks for Cologuys to respond to a ticket or rather several tickets concerning an actual balance on our account and it doesn't appear as if they are going to respond.

We began to acquire servers from Cologuys back in March after following a WHT banner ad. Things went well, Tom over there gave us some good deals.

Everyone was friendly over at Cologuys, I spoke with Jon the owner a few times without knowing he was the owner. I guess if I owned Cologuys I wouldn't go around bragging about it either.

We ran into some issues with email marketers that we had hosted and as a hosting provider we are responsible for the actions that occur on our leased servers. We worked the best we could sometimes butting heads but for the most part resolving any spam complaints. Their abuse administrator claimed that we rebutted all the complaints and i'll agree that we did, because they aren't spam they were all opt-in. We have a requirement to re-butt 'spam complaints' otherwise it's going to be deemed as spam.

Shortly after that some of the rogue spamlists started to blacklist some of our ip space which triggered Cologuys to come down on us asking either for money to shutup these international racketeers or to terminate the clients we have. We made the decision after a few of these incidents to terminate our business with Cologuys and to move into another facility.

The Cologuys TOS was pretty clear as to how to follow-through with cancellations. The TOS said cancellations were to be submitted no earlier then 3 days citing that Cologuys could not 'schedule cancellations'. For the most part we followed that, there might of been one or two servers we skipped over but all in all they knew we were terminating everything.

Unfortunately their billing system from the time we started doing business with them never billed us correctly either overbilling or underbilling us. It also billed 10 days in advance so as we were submitting these cancellations the servers were already re-billed 7 days prior. So what ended up happening was their billing department was giving us 'credits' for servers. We paid for invoices that had canceled servers on them, Cologuys told us they could not remove the servers even though they were canceled and assured us the credits would compensate us. Well that would be good if we needed Cologuys credit for anything but at that point we did not.

Cologuys at that time claimed we owed them a rather large sum of money and we presented facts that argue the complete opposite side. We have approached their billing rep several times and we are given pdf files instead of just a complete breakdown of our billing history. The pdf's that we were sent only includes information that favors their side instead if just stating the facts of what actually occurred.

I told Cologuys several times that I wanted to resolve this billing issue with them and they refused to work with us. I believe one of us is out a rather large sum of money and regardless of who's favor we would of appreciated it to of been resolved.

In Cologuys's defense they made some attempts with us as well with phone calls and on the phone calls we'd agree then we'd get an email later changing what was confirmed on the phone.

We currently maintain a portfolio of servers larger then anything we have previously had at other facilities without incident. We are very pro-active with spam complaints and follow-up with each and every spam complaint making sure we and our clients are in full compliance with all the policies of our uptreams.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Hello,
    In regards to the spam usually the way it works is places like Five-Ten will e-mail us with a complaint, and if its a severe problem they will e-mail us letting us know the ips are blacklisted. In order for any provider to get removed from those lists they either have to A) Terminated the Servers or B) If its a reseller have to remove the client from the server that is causing the issue.

The problem we face when things like this happen is that organizations like Five-Ten don't care if its opt-in mailing, if its being done without the owner of the server knowing, or even if it falls under the definition of SPAM at all. All of us hosting companies are at the mercy of organizations like Five-Ten, and not much can be done about it at this point. We cant just ignore the complaints because the emails arn't "SPAM" or all of the hosts IPs get blacklisted.

In regards to your billing, I hope a resolution is found between you and Cologuys, they are a great company. It seems there is a misunderstanding is all.
    Jeremy Miller - Account Executive
    SingleHop Inc. - Dedicated Servers Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 103

Five-Ten organization is a stupid org. They just block and block your ip. They don't care....

No one really use Five-Ten these days anyway....
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

spamhouse quite good for this

Hello,

I am very disappointed that Mr. Woods issued this post regarding Cologuys. We work very hard to protect our reputation and conduct ourselves honorably, and that includes our discontinued relationship with Mr. Woods.

For the record, Mr. Woods requested we both sign a non-disclosure agreement and while we have nothing to hide, Cologuys will honor that written agreement demanded by him and not publicly respond to his allegations involving his experience with us.

I will say as general statement, that our TOS and AUP are prominently posted on our site and these expectations are understood prior to entering a business relationship. Abuse tickets and subsequent complaints must be addressed in a timely manner and handled appropriately. Our IPs reputation is an important part of our network and regardless if any of us agree with Spam Cop or others blacklists, they do affect our ability to provide quality service to our clients. In many respects while we are mostly competitors on this forum, we all face unique issues and we attempt to decide the best course of action. Unfortunately, there are times when our partners don not agree with our policies or decisions and it’s best to part company so they may search for a better fit. When faced with these disagreements, we never disconnect anyone without allowing them the opportunity to find other solutions nor do we take any action detrimental to their business.

I wish Mr. Woods all the best with his new providers and ongoing success with Host Kitty.

<<Signature to be setup to your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-11-2009 at 06:26 PM.

You have a signed mutual non-disclosure with them and they posted items covered by the non-disclosure?

er...
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    You have a signed mutual non-disclosure with them and they posted items covered by the non-disclosure?
    So no penelty for breaking the mutual non-disclosure?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveForce View Post
    So no penelty for breaking the mutual non-disclosure?

Cheers
    Do you mean a WHT penalty?

I haven't see any non-disclosure and in any case I would assume cologuys re looking for someone else to apply penalties if thats the case.

I would be.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

FWIW, I had a server with cologuys sometime in the past and in my pre-sales question they told me server would be up Monday, when I ordered on Thursday, and I got the server on Sunday.

I also wanted Internap IPs and they gave it to me.

The project was done but the invoice was generated for next month before it was canceled officially by us, I emailed billing and asked them to void the invoice, they removed it and it was all good.

Overall a pleasure to work with.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    I believe i've bit my tongue long enough on this issue. I've been waiting about 2-3 weeks for Cologuys to respond to a ticket or rather several tickets concerning an actual balance on our account and it doesn't appear as if they are going to respond.

We began to acquire servers from Cologuys back in March after following a WHT banner ad. Things went well, Tom over there gave us some good deals.

Everyone was friendly over at Cologuys, I spoke with Jon the owner a few times without knowing he was the owner. I guess if I owned Cologuys I wouldn't go around bragging about it either.

We ran into some issues with email marketers that we had hosted and as a hosting provider we are responsible for the actions that occur on our leased servers. We worked the best we could sometimes butting heads but for the most part resolving any spam complaints. Their abuse administrator claimed that we rebutted all the complaints and i'll agree that we did, because they aren't spam they were all opt-in. We have a requirement to re-butt 'spam complaints' otherwise it's going to be deemed as spam.

Shortly after that some of the rogue spamlists started to blacklist some of our ip space which triggered Cologuys to come down on us asking either for money to shutup these international racketeers or to terminate the clients we have. We made the decision after a few of these incidents to terminate our business with Cologuys and to move into another facility.

The Cologuys TOS was pretty clear as to how to follow-through with cancellations. The TOS said cancellations were to be submitted no earlier then 3 days citing that Cologuys could not 'schedule cancellations'. For the most part we followed that, there might of been one or two servers we skipped over but all in all they knew we were terminating everything.

Unfortunately their billing system from the time we started doing business with them never billed us correctly either overbilling or underbilling us. It also billed 10 days in advance so as we were submitting these cancellations the servers were already re-billed 7 days prior. So what ended up happening was their billing department was giving us 'credits' for servers. We paid for invoices that had canceled servers on them, Cologuys told us they could not remove the servers even though they were canceled and assured us the credits would compensate us. Well that would be good if we needed Cologuys credit for anything but at that point we did not.

Cologuys at that time claimed we owed them a rather large sum of money and we presented facts that argue the complete opposite side. We have approached their billing rep several times and we are given pdf files instead of just a complete breakdown of our billing history. The pdf's that we were sent only includes information that favors their side instead if just stating the facts of what actually occurred.

I told Cologuys several times that I wanted to resolve this billing issue with them and they refused to work with us. I believe one of us is out a rather large sum of money and regardless of who's favor we would of appreciated it to of been resolved.

In Cologuys's defense they made some attempts with us as well with phone calls and on the phone calls we'd agree then we'd get an email later changing what was confirmed on the phone.

We currently maintain a portfolio of servers larger then anything we have previously had at other facilities without incident. We are very pro-active with spam complaints and follow-up with each and every spam complaint making sure we and our clients are in full compliance with all the policies of our uptreams.

Hello,

i am sorry to hear this, but let me answer you

you wrote >>>>>>

PHP Code:
    i've bit my tongue long enough on this issue. I've been waiting about 2-3 weeks for Cologuys to respond to a ticket 
    i am with cologuys from past 1 year+ and having over 200+ active servers & same number of collocation with them.

they never took more than 10 minutes to answer my questions ( you can see my reviews about them ), every company claims that they have 24/7 techs and i have deal with almost all top companies in this business but i can say that cologuys really have 24/7 on sites techs who are always ready to help you.

in case of billing they hardly takes 12 -24 hour time to solve the issues

i simply cant believe on this that they took 2,3 weeks to answer.

i have referred tons of customer to cologuys till date and if you want then i can ask all of them to post there reviews on the time frame of resolution or replying

regarding spam issues >>>>>>>

again i`l repeat my statement that i am with cologuys from past 1 + years and had almost 100+ abuse issues till date, please read it properly.and i can say that they are soo cooperative that they never suspended any server without my notice.they always forward me the issue and if i get this resolved in there given time then why would they suspend or terminate your server ? and if they are opt-in then why issues are coming again ?

all i can say is who hates business ? there is something bad done from your side for which this happen, and i know each and every aspect of this mailing business my dear friend and i am sure 99% people here will agree with me that the emails which you guys sent are totally spam, because if they are opt0in then why hundreds of complaints are coming <<<< so here comes the first thing as you broke a companies tos by sending unsolicited emails & any company own 100% rights to terminate your services or t suspend your services without any notice.

you wrote >>>>>>>

PHP Code:
    Cologuys to come down on us asking either for money to shutup these international racketeers or to terminate the clients we have 
    can you show us any proof that they asked for money ? i cant even think of this in my dreams also that a company like cologuys will do this.

and what else you need now ?

1. you are openly spamming
    2. not solving the issues
    3. ips getting blacklisted

after then also your server is up and running. after all these now also you expect a company to break there own tos and to help a customer for an illegal thing ?

My dearest friend Mr woods i am not trying to argue with you or trying to defend cologuys.all i want you to understand that what mistake you made and even then cologuys was always helping you and trying to get this solved.

and regarding billing issue, would you like to post more info ? like you posted your experience above but is this still unsolved ? i would prefer if you can send some proof to admin/moderator here regarding your billing problems else without proof no one will believe on your words.

all i can say is i love cologuys, my customers love cologuys

all the people whom i have referred to cologuys are loving cologuys, they are the best & very highly reputated company in business who always stand with customers in each and every issue

so there is absolutely no doubt in this that we are with them when someone is posting wring words about them.
    Last edited by Prolime Servers; 09-11-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & Kvm SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers