Lightbulb Web hosting trial or Money back guarantee

Web hosting trial or Money back guarantee, I wanted to see what some of the wht community has to think about this and if you were a new web hosting client to a hosting company would you look for the money back guarantee or a trial?
    Crazy Hosting Deals.
    ((http://www.crazedhosting.com))

Money Back Guarantee all the time.

A money back guarantee should definitely be a requirement. Free trials get abused and are not recommended, as they are great attractions to spammers and others with malicious intents.

Most providers offer a money back guarantee now. A lot less are offering free trials since there are issues with abuse and security during the trial period that most providers want to prevent.

Free hosting trials attract way too many spammers and abuse, and are NOT recommended. A better solution may be to offer the second month half off, or on an annual agreement, the 13th month free.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

money back is must due to high amount of abuse free account may not possible
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting R1 Soft Offsite-Backup Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Money Back = Good
    Free Trials = Bad (Fraudsters, scammers, etc)

That's not to say all people looking for free trials are bad. Some of them are really good and worried about being scammed themselves. It's just the sort of thing that scammers take advantage of though.

Money back guarantee is a must.But check it carefully before you signup.There are differences between host companies.Make sure it stands on your mind and makes sense.
    Not only spammers,I have seen many people said that they were pretty fine during the trial but got slow down after it.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Neither one -- if its just regular hosting. If I thought I would need a money-back guarantee, I wouldn't waste my time with that host. My time is more valuable then a couple bucks over the time of the trial. And for a couple bucks, as a host, its silly to offer one. <<snipped>>
    Last edited by Chris_M; 09-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.

I think he said as a client and not as a seller. I would personally want a trial instead of a money back guarantee, because there are many hosts that scam you right now so a trial is better, because I wont pay and if the host shuts down I dont loose any money.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Free trial offers are often abused by spammers, most genuine customers only want a money back guarantee.

the popular hosting site offers garantee...
    www.mecacho.com - hosting, multimedia, web design, logos, corporate

the popular hosting site offers garantee...
    Most to all offer a Guarantee, You did not understand the thread exactly. It personally comes down to the trust you have with the company that is offering the Guarantee for example.

The people I see who come to WHT to complain about a Webhost that has run-away generally did not do too much research into the company, Rather just took them on without even looking into them. Such can be avoided by switching tactics from Not Looking to Looking and gaining some inside knowledge of the business that is being run.

Lets say a company registers today, Looks fancy and offers everthing the customer wants. What are the chances a passer by sees this new company but does not do their research? This is where many get hinged if the company decides to run away, So either way a Test or a Guarantee would be worthless in both regards.

To me personally, Both are good in a way but a Guarantee or a Free Trial mean nothing if the business goes bust or decides to just randomly disappear.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
    Web hosting trial or Money back guarantee, I wanted to see what some of the wht community has to think about this and if you were a new web hosting client to a hosting company would you look for the money back guarantee or a trial?
    Most offer money-back guarantees due to the amount of fraud/scammers/spammers. Free trials are often abused to send out mass amounts of spam email and/or for phishing etc...

Some providers offer things like "2nd month free" along with a money-back guarantee so you still get a "Free month" and the no-risk period during the guarantee.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I never thought about free trial. It could be fine for me - upload, test and later order. However, it would be too bad for hosting company. A paradise for fraud, spammers, scamers.
    The answer: money-back only, provided the guarantee covers at least 1 month.

Yes I too will prefer a money back guarantee...... As it attracts the user more then a free trial

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Hostirian View Post
    Free hosting trials attract way too many spammers and abuse, and are NOT recommended. A better solution may be to offer the second month half off, or on an annual agreement, the 13th month free.
    Exactly. Free trials tend to be more risky for both the hosting company and current customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    Yes I too will prefer a money back guarantee...... As it attracts the user more then a free trial
    Free trial that is the hole for the scammers spamers and other bad people. They will use the trial in full for their dirty stuff

max. 14 Days Money Back Guarantee with a Reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo1990 View Post
    I assume you wanted to say without any reason for it...
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    I assume you wanted to say without any reason for it...
    Oh, Sorry, yeah "without a Reason"

Quote Originally Posted by sebo1990 View Post
    14 Days is quite a short money-back guarantee period... That's hardly enough time to even determine if the service is reliable or not - you could go 14 days without downtime and then experience hours of downtime the next day but I guess the same premise goes for 30~45 days as well although one would think it should be fairly easy to go 1/2 month without any major downtime.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Neither one -- if its just regular hosting. If I thought I would need a money-back guarantee, I wouldn't waste my time with that host.
    A money back guarantee is there as peace of mind. A guarantee is only as good as the company that writes it, but it doesn't mean that a customer can't take it into account when looking for a hosting provider. If there's some particular software they'd like to try or some new service or control panel they want to give a shot, then a money back guarantee offered by the provider can be a good way to sample this.

And for a couple bucks, as a host, its silly to offer one. <<snipped>>
    This goes against everything anyone will ever tell you in sales and marketing; what are your reasons?
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

Yes, I think money back guarantee is better solution than the free trails. As offering free trials will be the free and open invitations for the spammers, scammers and attackers.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

Money back guarantee safe guards the web host from abusers.