Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DKPercussion View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a hold of the files from our sites?
    As long liquidweb don't wipe out this server (if they aren't already) there's still hope. There on WHT are know lately atleast two cases where host which hosted scam company which vanished helped to ex customers of this company and put server online for 24 hrs or so.. so that people got their files. This is not liquidweb obligation but maybe, just mabye they would be willing to help scammed members of WHT community with such altruist act. All what would we need is to get server back online for some day or so to download backups.
    Liquidweb have representative (LiquidWebTravis) on WHT board and someone would maybe ask him for help, but we're not their obligation but then again... maybe they would be willing to help (and even get some new loyal customer with such act of goodwill).

I, too, am worried mostly about the data (and my customers data). Hopefully we'll get a chance to download backups. I'm very dissapointed, but really it's my own fault for not being more careful. I knew I should have jumped ship when it changed owners again. I was with shadowcore since before they were shadowcore, and I'm very dissapointed to see this happen.

Has anyone found anything? I was a reseller, and paid months in advance for my erupt reseller account. Now, I've lost all of my clients because it's been days without service. And I have one client who's a friend that needs her website data because it wasn't backed up anywhere else!

Thank you WHT. I emailed Travis and awaiting reply. I hope there is a positive reply.

I'm glad to find there are other people experiencing this problem. I have some backups from earlier this year, at least, but not before that. :/ Luckily nothing particularly critical was lost, but it's going to be a giant annoyance to have to set everything up again. Hope we can get access to our data at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by sujanks View Post
    Thank you WHT. I emailed Travis and awaiting reply. I hope there is a positive reply.
    Please let us know.
    Server IP was 72.52.158.149 (host.erupt.com).

Ok received this reply from the LiquidWeb. Some Progress:

Greetings,

I hope you are doing well. I understand that your site (erupt.com) is part of a server which is hosted by us but is down due to billing issues.

Do you remember the name or the point of contact of the person who sold you the service? Are you able to send me an invoice that was prepared for you by this party?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Stefan

They do not understand your (our) problem. Maybe you didn't explained well? It seems like they think that you're part of erupt.com or something... It's not really progress
    Travis, as WHT member, is more familair with such issues as our is and he would most likely understand our hopeless situation.

New Reply from liquidWeb:

Greetings,

Thank you for the information, what package would you like to host the domains with us? Also, can you please forward the username and passwords of all domains so we can copy them for you to the new server?

Thank you for your time,

Huh? sujanks, you have some strange offtopic conversation with liquidweb... Those things which you paste now are completely irrelevant for erupt.com victims... Maybe someone other should contact them and explain them what's actually problem...

Ok, I spoke with Stefan and pretty much resolved it. This is the deal and way out of it, which I was able to do.

They cannot be put up erupt.com online because they failed to pay the bill. And pretty much, all of their clients are screwed up. He said, to deal with erupt.com should we want erupt.com to go online.

So, if you are a reseller, you can sign up to one of their packages. I signed up for $60 VPS hosting (discounted to $50/month), and give them the username and password, of the reseller account, and they will move all the files from erupt's server to their new one. This way you'll have one month to move the files/data to wherever you want. He said, they are in the process to clean up the old server - which they can, I think. So, you may want to do something quick.

Stefan knows all what's happening and you can reach him directly @ (517) 322-0434 x386.

Good Luck to you all.

Remember to use a good host and backup data is what I've learned from this experience. It is worth spending that extra $100 for a better host.

I am still down to suing that Andrew Page, and get the money back.

This is what I ordered. So, basically I have 30 days to move this or decide to keep it here.

Order Summary:

VPS - Plan1
    » DiskSpace: 50 GB RAID protected storage
    » Memory: 512MB dedicated RAM
    » Bandwidth: 400GB Monthly Transfer
    » OS: Linux - CentOS 4
    » ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager (+Fantastico/XController)
    » RemoteBackup: No Remote Backup Needed
    » SetupFee: $0 Setup Fee
    $50 /mon

Got call back and email reply, and they have found everything for me.

Thank you for confirming your business. I will go ahead and submit the
    migration to one of my engineers. Once the entire process begins, you will
    receive an email from our engineers.

Thank you testnick, plumsauce, Web Hosting Talk and everyone for your support and help. I wouldn't have retrieved any without you guys. Good Karma.

Good Luck to all...

Hi all, I am going to put a request to transfer your domains to the new server under my account, and if you want to save some $$$. But to my understanding $50 is worth spending to get your stuff back, and you are in control.

I will post the responses as it comes, and most likely they'd want your user-name and password. Please PM me sujanks@gmail.com. Then you have 30 days to back up and move it somewhere else. But remember I only have 50 GB storage and 400 GB bandwidth. I might use only 10% of the total, so there's 90% up for grabs. But no promises yet, as I haven't heard from them.

Okay I got response regarding that too:

Sure thing, just reply to the migration ticket I opened with you and provide the username and passwords and we can moved them for you.

I'm confused - does this mean we can go through you to get our files? Any way possible would be nice - I already have hosting setup elsewhere. As for the lawsuit, I have no idea what I'm doing and hope to find some help with this. I'm sure there will be enough people angry about this and willing to join a class action suit.

I do not know how to pursue that either, but please include me in the class action or any law suit to get $$ for time and $$ spent. I think there is enough information for erupt.com to find Andrew Page.

Yes, if you are NOT a reseller, liquidWeb is willing to migrate erupt.com's accounts to the one I just setup - of course limited to the storage. They still require your username/password. Once migrated, you have access to your cpanel and ftp, and you can download your files/sql. As of this writing, they haven't finished setting up the account yet, so don't know when this can be done.

Peace.

Not to flush Sujanks' attempt down the toilet or anything -- I'm sure he's trying to help the best he can. Just note he's a new user here with zero posts outside of this thread, don't put all of your trust in a single entity. I'd go with liquidweb directly if they're offering to move you away from erupt -- the $50 upfront to save your data is worth it. Once you're online @ liquidweb you can move anywhere you choose.

I got response from liquidweb Sales Team Manager. I hope that it's nothing wrong to post it here.

Greetings,

Please stand by. We are working on confirming that the server is in fact
    abandoned. I will update you on the status of this situation within the next
    few days. Please be patient as there are a lot of variables that may change in
    this situation.

Thank you!
    I don't know what this means for us, but I will keep you informed if/when they say more regarding the status of this situation.

I had purchased hosting from Proservice Hosting, which was purchased by Erupt last year. Does liquidweb offer any customer hosting packages with unlimited addon domains?

Greetings,

To all the affected re-sellers and people hosting data on this server. Please know that you can purchase your own VPS directly with us. I will be more than happy to extend FREE UPGRADES and a monthly discount to help out with this issue. Please use the following Coupon code (WHT10OFFVPS) to obtain the special pricing.

We have 2 VPS packages, which can host unlimited domains and you get FULL ROOT level access. These servers are FULLY MANAGED so if you don't know how to use a server or don't want to mess with it, we can do that for you at NO EXTRA cost. The 2 VPS packages we have available are the following:

» DiskSpace: 50 GB RAID protected storage
    » Memory: 512MB dedicated RAM
    » Bandwidth: 400GB Monthly Transfer
    » ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager
    » Monthly Fee: $50 /mon

» DiskSpace: 100 GB RAID protected storage
    » Memory: 1024MB dedicated RAM
    » Bandwidth: 700GB Monthly Transfer
    » ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager (+Fantastico/XController)
    » Monthly Fee: $90 /

I can have one of our engineers move all your data to your new server for free. IF you need further details, you can reach me at snava@liqudiweb.com or at 1.800.580.4985 x 386 or (517)322.04.34 x 386.

Thank you all very much. I spoke with Stefan, signed up for a liquidweb vps account, and they are in the process of migrating my reseller account to it.

Thumbs up. I'm impressed.

So we can buy our datas back directly from liquidweb for 50$ now? That's interesting way to help and earn some decent money at same time from already scammed people. But well... what choice do we have?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by testnick View Post
    So we can buy our datas back directly from liquidweb for 50$ now? That's interesting way to help and earn some decent money at same time from already scammed people. But well... what choice do we have?
    Thanks.
    You don't have to pay for the hosting if you dont like to. The $50 VPS offer is available in case you want to host with us as an alternative to quickly bring you back online. You are the owner of your data by providing if you have the login credentials.

But no paid hosting, no data back - correct

edit.
    I don't complaining, I just want clarification.
    Last edited by Spirit; 09-15-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast