Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I thought you said "On our MRTG we have 15 gige incoming"
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net
      0 Not allowed!

Our company sites and operations are co-located at Multacom facility to keep in contact with our clients in event of an unplanned disaster. You won't find our ASN under PhotonVPS which is why an NDA is require there is nothing to loose and we know this is public information at ARIN.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS
      0 Not allowed!

The test IP you provide to your clients (208.87.242.1) is not owned by your company either...?

aero:~ meaton$ whois 208.87.242.1

OrgName: Psychz Networks
    OrgID: PSL-86
    Address: 20687-2 Amar Rd. #312
    City: Walnut
    StateProv: CA
    PostalCode: 91789

NetRange: 208.87.240.0 - 208.87.243.255
    CIDR: 208.87.240.0/22
    NetName: PSYCHZ
    NetHandle: NET-208-87-240-0-1
    Parent: NET-208-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: DNS1.PSYCHZ.NET
    NameServer: DNS2.PSYCHZ.NET
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2008-02-29
    Updated: 2008-02-29

OrgAbuseHandle: NOC3077-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: NOC
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-626-549-2801
    OrgAbuseEmail: noc@psychz.net

OrgNOCHandle: NOC3077-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: NOC
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-626-549-2801
    OrgNOCEmail: noc@psychz.net

OrgTechHandle: NOC3077-ARIN
    OrgTechName: NOC
    OrgTechPhone: +1-626-549-2801
    OrgTechEmail: noc@psychz.net

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2009-09-13 20:00
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
      0 Not allowed!

That would be our IP range / ASN and our parent company. Cheers for Meaton for finding it. Those who need more info about our networks, facility, and our business subsidiaries are welcome to contact us. Psychz Networks is our parent company which we have been operating for years where we host over 100,000+ domains to this day with over gigabit of bandwidth utilization. We specialize in high availability cluster, business solutions on their VOIP / asterisks system / VPS solutions / and much more these are only a grain of salt that we operate under.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS
      0 Not allowed!

IP 208.87.242.1 belongs to AS40676 [PSYCHZ].
    This range goes from 208.87.240.0 to 208.87.243.255.
    AS40676 was issued by ARIN. AS40676 has 1 connections that I know of.

AS40676 is PSYCHZ. AS40676 was issued by ARIN.

AS40676: 199.71.212.0 -> 199.71.215.255 [1024 IPs] PSYCHZ
    AS40676: 208.87.240.0 -> 208.87.243.255 [1024 IPs] PSYCHZ

AS40676 has 2 IP ranges (that I know of) with a total of 2048 IPs.

That's a small network you have - certainly not a 20g network.

Like I said "your" ASN is public, did not require an NDA, and has shown this ASN to be a very small network.
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net
      0 Not allowed!

Please read the above posts carefully we have TWO 10 gige uplink but it does not mean we are utilizing the full bandwidth on both. ( Repeated multiple times )

We are using over 1 gige of bandwidth as stated. We have a few clients that pull at least 100-200mbit on their cluster as well as other distribution.

We actually have three ranges ( 74.117.56.0/21 you missed this one) with a total of 4000 IPs in the network. The network is not large but we utilize a lot of bandwidth that we require a 10gige at the sign up of our contract. We rarely burst at a full 15 gige because its not economical.

Both of our ports are bonded using LACP which is why we have one port capped to avoid any issues with our 95 percentile. However we will be turning up another provider soon within a few weeks into the bgp mix.
      0 Not allowed!

WEW!!! i got bad uptime counts - July-Sept, 2009

Very bad services..
      0 Not allowed!

We have excellent services, the only network downtime we've experience these past couple weeks were due to multiple DDOS attacks on different occasions. We have terminated this client and shouldn't be running into these issues again.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    We have excellent services, the only network downtime we've experience these past couple weeks were due to multiple DDOS attacks on different occasions. We have terminated this client and shouldn't be running into these issues again.
    Jim, is photonVPS doing something to prevent this to happen again?
      0 Not allowed!

All the DDOS we received in the past couple weeks were all due to one client with content others did not approve of. This is a rare incident as well since most networks do not get this type of attacks. However what we are doing is simply applying community strings where we can null IPs at the core which black holes the destination without it hitting the network further. Better netflows that allows us to detect destination IPs within 2-3 minutes. We tested this yesterday after receiving our 4th attack last night where we were able to determine the destination within minutes. Finally we are adding more capacity to the network.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    We rarely experience network outages this 15 gige ddos was anticipated that our uplinks were maxed to capacity. We are working on getting another 10-15 gige feed to avoid this in the future.
    Are you seriously claiming that someone was able to push a 15gbp/s ddos attack on your network? That kind of attack would slow down if not cripple most carriers. And it would most certainly be noticed as it would have an impact not only on your network, a news article would be published on sites such as theregister at least.
      0 Not allowed!

This was the information passed from our uplinks as well as our MRTG. It could have triggered some kind of broadcast storm internally but these are the information passed to us; we only work with the information we have.
      0 Not allowed!

So has sexyflanders issues been addressed? This thread seems to have gone off track here into a questionable area.
      0 Not allowed!

His issued has been resolved for quite some time now, but this thread keeps on going!
      0 Not allowed!

Just to get this clear, PhotonVPS first claimed to have 1 20GB uplink and now they say they have 2 10GB this makes a difference to me so I would pleased to hear Jim on this again. Because I accept your business Jim and also I have never been one of your clients I am sure you provide great service. But I do not like the way you present things here, that is why I ask about clarification again, about both your exact bandwidth (that you own now Psychz) and about the DDOS attack because both seems to me like you are hiding something. This is not to blame you in any kind of way it is just to clear it up for each of your clients and your future clients to read.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xojac View Post
    Just to get this clear, PhotonVPS first claimed to have 1 20GB uplink and now they say they have 2 10GB this makes a difference to me so I would pleased to hear Jim on this again. Because I accept your business Jim and also I have never been one of your clients I am sure you provide great service. But I do not like the way you present things here, that is why I ask about clarification again, about both your exact bandwidth (that you own now Psychz) and about the DDOS attack because both seems to me like you are hiding something. This is not to blame you in any kind of way it is just to clear it up for each of your clients and your future clients to read.
    He's repeated himself several times, the OP's issue has been resolved - what else is there to clarify?

Honestly, if you're not a customer of PhotonVPS then the way they operate really should not concern you. I think Jim has done a great job keeping his cool here whilst people have continued to bash and put Photon under the microscope.

If you have pre-sales questions about their operations, perhaps emailing them would be a better option as opposed to continuing to bring a stale thread back to life.

On the other hand, if you have first hand experience with their service and are unhappy with something, then start your own review thread. There has only been one actual customer posting in this thread, and the rest of the posts are riddled with doubt and speculation from people who have had no experience with PhotonVPS.
    Last edited by dariti; 09-18-2009 at 04:29 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, I'm totally supportive of questioning hosts and even calling them out for things they are doing badly/wrong. IMHO the initial back and forth was fine but now it's just nitpicking and semantics and is off based as relates to the OP.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, but this day again, this is my worst problem with them, almost 2-3hrs down - sept 19 2009

NO SUPPORT to response...

This is not suppost to post here, but i am very disappointed about thier services now.
    Last edited by bgsebiosjr; 09-19-2009 at 08:17 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bgsebiosjr View Post
    I agree, but this day again, this is my worst problem with them, almost 2-3hrs down - sept 19 2009

NO SUPPORT to response...

This is not suppost to post here, but i am very disappointed about thier services now.
    Just to put it out there, the Windows VPS I have with them is online, maybe it's something with one of their nodes?

Setup for the VPS was a little long (but I forgave that since I ordered right before the labor day weekend) but after that it was smooth sailing from there. VPS has been up and running well for two weeks now, although that may not be saying too much.
      0 Not allowed!

The only servers affected was "Fox" last night which had a drive failure occur on the RAID array. We had to swap out the raid card on this where it took time to diagnose while the machine was being worked on yesterday. Other than that this machine has been rock solid for MONTHS. Network has been an issue this month and it should be resolved. Community strings and scripts that we are working on to detect a spike in traffic where we will black hole destinations before it causes any outages.

We strive for quality, uptime and thing like this happens just for any provider. I am sorry if you didn't get any reply but this was due to the night shift. There is less technicians during this shift but this will be changed. We hired one L2 technician and another L3 where you can expect faster reply once they get situated.

Feel free to open a ticket if you have further issues.
      0 Not allowed!

So JIM, do not let your clients to expect too much you promise in your advertisement.

Even we cannot contact you by tickets and most of all you dont have phone numbers and live chat.

Now how can you explain my server that is not running for 3 days after i pay you.

And most of all this is weekend less of support.
      0 Not allowed!

photonvps.com and gazzin.com same address

If you look here
    photonvps.com/contactus.html
    and here
    gazzin.com/contactus.html

You will see that photonvps and gazzin have same mail addresses. Also both are under Psychz network

Look at vps packages

photonvps.com/vps.html
    gazzin.com/burstram.html

Text is same but photonvps is much cheaper and give much more RAM, space, bandwidth.

Can someone from gazzin or photonvps comment this?
      0 Not allowed!

So you joined WHT to ask this question? This is something you can ask the host directly not sure what this has to do with the OP. Where is the close button???
      0 Not allowed!

Thats some nice bumping you did there. Anyhow, its quite common havingn seeing hosting site copy one and another page formats and features list. There could be a chance he's a reseller from Photon too? And like Nnyan said, you should ask the host directly.
      0 Not allowed!

Then why this thread started anyway? This guy who was not satisfied with PhotonVPS should talk to host not post here right?
    And how do you know i did not contact host already?
    Why always if you ask something you first have few "smart" guys to waste your time.
    If someone know something or can answer, are these 2 companies actualy same company than plaese simply answer, if you must write just to write something than you just have too much free time.

I thought that's very strange that both companies have same addresses and almost same sites, but very different prices, and that's all.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast