Question wellsfargo + authorize.net + ?

Ok, i want to accept credit card payments so this is what i think i should do, please correct me if im wrong:

- I live in Mexico (I dont want to use a mexican bank for this because of the ridiculous rates they charge.)
    - I already have a US address and a US bank account

- I will use modernbill as a "shopping cart" for my hosting plans.
    - I will buy a geotrust certificate to offer a ssl connection.

Now, would i just need to get a merchant account with Wellsfargo in order to complete the cycle?

1. The client select his hosting plan with modernbill
    2. modenbill sends this info to wellsfargo via my ssl connection.
    3. Wellsfargo charges the client and sends the money to my US account so i can use it at a later time.

- Do i need the geotrust ssl certificate to achieve my objective?
    - Am i missing something else?
    - Also, can i use wellsfargo as a virtual terminal, i mean, if i receive the credit card number via phone and use the terminal to charge the client.

Would like to hear of other southamerican people/business? How do you manage credit card transactions?

Regards/Saludos!

Here is how it works:

Your customer submits their info via SSL connection to your web server.

You run the batch in modernbill, it connects via cURL securely to authorize.net

Authorize.net essentially is the gateway and authorizes cards etc. They then send the info/sales to the merchant every night or whenever you want them to during the day.(wells fargo in this case, there are other companies like nova systems etc).

The merchant then sends the deposits to your bank account.

The only thing you need an SSL cert for is for your customers to securely submit their data to your server.

thanx for the reply goodness

Does the authorize.net authorization of the credit card ocurs in real time? so the client webhost account would be created right away?

Or does the client needs me to create the account manually after i have checked the payment was made. I would like to have an automatic process.

So, besides modernbill and the merchant (in this case wellsfargo), do i have to get another account with authorize.net? or is this included with the merchant account?

I've also checked echo, and i like their prices, would anybody recommend them?

Thank you very much!

It depends on how you setup modern bill. Billing in real time means that fraud orders get billed before you can screen them.

I am not sure if wells fargo is also a gateway as well...so i cant be sure on that.

Modernbill also has new server_api's which means that through modernbill using plesk, ensim, or cpanel, you can have modernbill create the packages.

Im not sure, but you yourself (not your bank) has to have a US bank account, SSN, contact info (IE: us phone number), tax id / ssn, in order to get any US based merchant solution

We use wells fargo and they have been great

Que onda! Yo tambien soy de Mexico bueno Tijuana en especifico. Yo tambien ando viendo esta onda del webhosting. Porque no usas algo asi como Paysystems o 2CheckOut? Yo estoy pensando en utilizar paysystems para procesar mis tarjetas de credito. Lo pienso utilizar en una tienda virtual que pienso abrir y despues revender hospedaje.

Espero estar en contacto contigo

JuanManuel

come again ?!?!

Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

LOL i got this from Babel @ Altavista

That wave! I also am of good Mexico Tijuana in I specify. I also walk seeing this wave of webhosting. Because you do not use something asi like Paysystems or 2CheckOut? I am thinking about using paysystems to process my cards of credito. I think it to use in a virtual store that I think to open and despues to resell lodging. I hope to be in contact with the enemy with you

ok... by request...

"Whasssup! I'm from Mexico too well from Tijuana specifically. I'm also learnin about this thing of web hosting. Why dont you use something like 2CheckOut or PaySytems? I'm thinking of using Paysystems to process my credit cards. I will use it in a virtual store and later resell webhosting.

I hope to be in contact.

JuanManuel"

Ahi esta pinches chismosos!!!

Off topic, but i love the way Babel spit this out

I hope to be in contact with the enemy with you

that babelfish translations really sucks! enemy with you!!

In fact one of my partners is located in the US, he has several business over there, so i think he counts with all that requisites.

Actually im a US citizen also (born in Bloomington, Indiana) so i can get my own SSN if needed. But i need to speed up things.

I have heard a lot of bad comments about third party processors, like 2CO, also i think a merchant account would be more professional.

Im also checking ECHO, they rates are very low and they offer a few other services for free.

To clarify, assuming i already have a US account with phone number/address, etc. Would a combination of modernbill + ssl + echo services be enough for my pourpose.

Also modernbill would provide the "gateway" that i need? or this gateway has to be provided by the merchant? Does Wellsfargo offers this kind of gateway?

Saludos juanmanuel y estamos en contacto mejor por PM para hablar en espaņol... = Greetings juanmanuel and hope we could be in touch via PM so we can talk in spanish

Hope to hear some comments about my idea? Im I lost or im i on the right path?

Kind regards!

a billing program doesnt provide you the gateway, any script etc, will provide you coding that will allow your program to talk to the gateway

Authorize.net is the gateway

All that you would need is a merchant account with authorize.net

Modern Bill only works with authorize.net merchant accounts. I tried looking into getting an Echo (and also some other) gateway although it does not work yet with Modern Bill. The development team plan on adding other gateways in the future though.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

I currently have modernbill and 2checkout, but I am unhappy with modernbill not able to batch with 2CO. So I am dropping my 2CO account and will just get a merchant account with authroize.net.

It isn't worth the hassle to sit and pull my hair out trying to work with all of the stupid little details to get the 3rd party processors to try and look somewhat professional.

modernbill and echo

In the modernbill webpage they state mb works with echo, is this true?

Anybody knows if mb can connect with wellsfargo?

One of the requirements is to have "cURL", whats that? Where can i get it? or is it part of the default installation of PHP?

Modernbill won't connect with wells fargo, but rather your authorize.net account, which in turn connects to your wells fargo account, or another business account you setup with them.

But yes, modernbill WILL connect with any any merchant acount using authorize.net. And modern bill works with echo no, I believe it is out of testing. At least I know my modernbill has the echo module installed

cURL is often already installed, but if not they do provide instructions on how to install it. It technically has to only be accessable via command line to work, which is how mine is setup.

actually curl is usually installed without ssl support by default, to test just type in curl https://yoursecureurl.com at the command prompt.

to install curl with ssl, you can compile it or install from rpm

I believe the default curl that came with redhat is already with ssl support (rpm version). Unless if you compile it yourself .. you will need to add ssl support when you run 'configure'
    Roy K.

I've heard that you need excellent and established credit before being approved for a merchant account with Wells Fargo. Has anyone without credit or less than perfect credit been approved? Had a few clients apply with Wells Fargo and get denied based strictly on personal credit history.

Originally posted by Benjamin
    Modern Bill only works with authorize.net merchant accounts. I tried looking into getting an Echo (and also some other) gateway although it does not work yet with Modern Bill. The development team plan on adding other gateways in the future though.
    This is simply 100% NOT true. We have been using MB with ECHO for over a year.

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by insiderhosting

This is simply 100% NOT true. We have been using MB with ECHO for over a year.

-Steven
    That's interesting. The Modern Bill support team told me just recently that Echo and other gateways are not compatible with Modern Bill ... just Authorize.net's gateway.

I'll be sure to ask support again regarding this.
    DatacenterHardware.com
    Remote Power Switch / Switched PDU

Modernbill v4 does have a module for echo. I don't know if the older version of modernbill has it or not.
    Roy K.

drhonk,
    Read above. We have been using ECHO with MB for over a year now, so obviously MB was integrated with ECHO pre v4

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location