Angry UmbraHosting - poor support

Hi,

Anyone knows what's happend to Umbrahosting?
    I have there VPS (working very good)

I have also ordered dedicated server for another website (soon it is 7 days) and it is still pending.
    My site is down from 08/29/2009 and they are not reboot my server. I moving to more powerful dedicated server with them, but not reply from them since 09/07/2009. It was 3 days ago (they said: "Sorry about the delay, support has been slow due to the holiday weekend"
    Best Cheap Web Hosting | SeoXan.com Check your website

Hmmm... It is a pity to here about their approach to their customers. I assume you need to thing about moving to another web hosting services instead.
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Yes. I want to move, but I have DB truncated, so I don't have all content. I can't migrate, cause site is down.
    I can only ping it, but ssh not works.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterweb View Post
    Yes. I want to move, but I have DB truncated, so I don't have all content. I can't migrate, cause site is down.
    I can only ping it, but ssh not works.
    Sounds like you will have to wait for your provider , until they will be able to bring your server back up, you are stuck ;-\ sorry to hear that.

do you have any clue why the server went down in the first place?
    could it be software problem? hardware problem?

It was high mysql usage

Try a PM to their representative here if you have not done yet. But it seems his last activity here on 08-30-2009

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=139994.

I sent PM. Even I call them. No response. Jazz music only

I sent PM. Even I call them. No response. Jazz music only
    Sad to hear that you are not able to communicate with them. Wish you the best to get it resolved some how.

Hoster like that are scammer. They didnt want clients, they want MONEY. You should google a better site. Maybe it costy, but worth it!

Just like anazhd said, they might had cheap prices, but you end up bad, so it is not worth the money you saved. The best way to find a reliable host is to check their reviews here and on other hosting forums first before signing up. And also you might found the best host, always backup your database, I do it each day.

whois

I tried to whois the domain for you to see if could find a diffrent number but the Registrant Phone number is not listed sorry for your luck.

That's a ridiculous excuse for a 7+ day wait imho - hopefully you will be able to get all of your database so that you can make a move.

7 days+, that's unacceptable. Find a new host as soon as possible. Unless there is a communication error between you and the web host, there is no excuse for such a delay.

now is 8 days. Their support GONE. From 4 days completely no response.
    I cancelled server. Wonder how to get DB back ...

Umm,I sorry to hear that.I suggest check their TOS,but most host do not make back-ups for dedicated solutions.It is really terrible that the hosters makes no responses to their customer without reasons.
    God bless you.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

If you listen to me, I would suggest you that some times we customers should try to understand web hosting people.

They have a hell lot of load and thats why they can't give attention to your problem

Give then a day or two and it'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    If you listen to me, I would suggest you that some times we customers should try to understand web hosting people.
    Sure you have a good attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    They have a hell lot of load and thats why they can't give attention to your problem

Give then a day or two and it'll be fine
    He ais complaining after a week with out getting any response. They could have atleast given an explanation on what is the problem they are facing for not giving him any updates.

They rebooted server. I moved to other server. I received a refund for ordered server.

They rebooted server. I moved to other server. I received a refund for ordered server.
    Thanks for the update. Glad to see that some thing good happened at the end

Just wanted to follow-up on this issue. The user was on one of our Intel Atom dedicated servers and his website (specifically mySQL database) was consuming all of the resources on the Atom.

He wanted to purchase an upgrade however he insisted on the AMD Phenom processor which we didn't have in stock. It took a couple days to obtain the processor and build the server, but he requested a cancellation of the upgrade order before the new server was online.

We are very sorry that this didn't work out and wish you the best of luck with your new host!
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | CloudFlare Optimized Partner
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com