How a Hosting Website should look...

Hi all,

I just wanted peoples opinions and suggestions on how a Web Hosting company's website should look?

If you take my company website for example and suggest any improvements or anything I have missed this may give people an idea on what their website might also be missing.
    Tiny Hosting - Secure, Reliable Hosting Solutions
    UK Web Hosting & Domain Names
    http://tinyhosting.co.uk

From first looking at your site, your live help logo is horrible. Doesn't fit in with the site.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Looks like you've missed developing your Privacy Policy page.
    Edit - that was quickly remedied. Either my browser didn't display it correctly moments ago, or you're lightening fast.
    Last edited by SenseiSteve; 09-09-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

Too simple.
    perhaps you could resize in html your "google checkout" and "paypal" image" so it wouldn't look pixelated too much. Yeah, agree with Steven, the live help button was out.

1. I like your logo.

2. Maybe a picture of a server rack on the home page as a dress up.

3. Your TOS includes AUP and Privacy policy statements combined - separate these into three distinct pages so your customers will actually read them.

4. I briefly scanned your TOS and removing someones mailbox after 100 days of inactivity is a violation of their privacy. You have no right to edit their site or scan their private pages. Prying into someones privacy could cost you a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigXor View Post
    1. I like your logo.

2. Maybe a picture of a server rack on the home page as a dress up.

3. Your TOS includes AUP and Privacy policy statements combined - separate these into three distinct pages so your customers will actually read them.

4. I briefly scanned your TOS and removing someones mailbox after 100 days of inactivity is a violation of their privacy. You have no right to edit their site or scan their private pages. Prying into someones privacy could cost you a lawsuit.
    You dont have to view their content to see if its been inactive. Simply using the find command on the last access date will suffice. No invasion of privacy there.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I think your logo / company name / header is to small. I understand its 'Tiny Hosting' but that doesn't mean the texts has to be tiny. You have a great color scheme cut your lacking image elements. If you add a few images it will really bring your website to life and give it a wow factor. Best of luck to you and your website!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I think your layout is very nice. It is clean and professional.

Your live support link is ugly though. And I agree with the above, I think you should make the paypal and google smaller.

Perhaps if you made your logo about 5px bigger.

On your hosting page. It looks odd! perhaps put a bit of blurb on there. Explain your services, or explain what things actually mean. And for the free package it says "only Free". This sounds wrong.

On your contact page, perhaps you need a contact form rather than just putting the eMail address on. Or even have the facility to do both?

Hope this helps
    Hydro Host Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Hello,

I think your layout is professional, Your logo font is basic your theme is basic ect...

I think you should have a Professional web designer come in and do some touches to it until it is right

You're on the right track. You need to dress up your homepage with more images/graphics (don't overdo it though). As it stands it is very basic and rather forgettable. Remember, you need to stand out. I am also not too fond of the ant you've used with your logo, ants are bugs, and that is negative imagery in this industry. You also need far more content than just boxes outlining your packages, you need to explain your features more.

It's nice, glad to see you've gone with Host-pay, works a treat from Auto-setup.

But like the others said, dress it up a little with a few graphics.

Other then that, it is very nice.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.