VPS Control panel

Hello,
    I know there are like a gazillion themes like this, but I have to ask. I want to start my own vps providing business and I need a panel. I tried proxmox and kept it for several months, but the functions they have are minimal... In the moment I am using HyperVM but I am not charmed and I think that this project is slowly dying, although all the attempts to renew it.
    Gabriel

PS I prefere open-source, paid works but it has to be pretty cheap because I am 15 year old and don't have the cash for an expensive panel like virtuozzo or vdsmanager.

I know you have said free, however with free your not going to get the best support and updates.

I use SolusVM (http://www.solusvm.com/) haven't had any problems with it yet, and new features are being added frequently with WHMCS support coming soon. Worth a look at, however is $10/Per Node.

Another thing is if your just hosting a few mates it's ok, if your looking at starting up a bussines your want to make sure in your country its legal for you to do it at the age of 15. Or you have your parents consent.

Also that you don't overload your node's and make sure you atleast go for Raid 1, as if the hard drive goes down your losing 8+ full OS and their data, where Raid1 can help to protect against that.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

Nah for now It's goning to be few sites of my mates, and few companies, no big deal. I can do the documentation from my parents company. I am using RAID 5 and I am also looking forward to using drbd, but that in the future. My nodes are 2 used dell servers, cheap and much better than a gaming computer converted I tried SolusVM, it is going to be a great VPS panel but not know, maybe in few more months.

We are using Veportal.com, they have lifetime licenses per server and month licenses (around $7-$8/m).

So far I have no complaints.

I think your comment about SolusVM is very astute, and applies more broadly to most of the CP's out there at the moment.

The hypervm dust is still settling and I think a lot of these new control panels are going to die. Choosing one of them is really just a gamble, as most are one or two developer operations that could easily go away overnight.

I would wait a while.

Quote Originally Posted by thegmin View Post
    I tried SolusVM, it is going to be a great VPS panel but not know, maybe in few more months.
    Did you find any issues with it when you was on trial ?

Thanks
    Phill

I am gonna test vtonf tomorrow, their site doesn't seem to work, but I found a nice how-to on howtoforge.

Hi,

You can download vtonf from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtonf/

Enjoy

I am gonna test vtonf tomorrow, their site doesn't seem to work, but I found a nice how-to on howtoforge.

try forasse as well its very simple
    http://www.forasse.com/

if you are asking Free , than i dont think so there is more better than HyperVm itself ,
    SolusVm is good in paid Category .

btw , How You can Start VPS provider business when you are 15 years OLD ?

Ok guys I decided I'll wait for Solusvm 1.0.5 and then migrate to it. By the end of the month I hope I will leave hypervm behind.

PS ibnefahim it's not going to be like a full day job. Just something doing around school, because I am as bored as hell and this kind of my hobby. Another think is that here is almost no comepetition only 1 big host company with around 10 k users.

if you like this kind of business follow it
    are you stydying as a programmer or stuff like this?

Ok guys I decided I'll wait for Solusvm 1.0.5 and then migrate to it. By the end of the month I hope I will leave hypervm behind.
    SolusVM 1.0.5 has been released.

You can try Panenthe I think it cost $1 per license

We use SolusVM and so far, absolutely no complaints! Support is fast, Panel is looking great and very stable!

I don't like the new BeanCounter display crowding the screen though

As others have said I would reccomend SolusVM. Yes it's new but it's coming along nicely.

However bear in mind that having a couple of Dell servers, RAID5 and a VPS management control panel isnt everything you need to be able to provide VPS.

Pick a Virtualization technology and get to know it inside out without any kind of control panel. Things will break and you will need to fix them, there are also times where you cant do certain things through a control panel. Yes management systems/control panels make life much eaiser for us all, but you really need to know how it's all working underneath as well.

I generally always say this to people looking to start, because too many people try to do it and then leave their customers in the dark/go bust when something breaks and there is no "fix" button inside their control panel.

Running a business is also hard work, and is not something you should be starting because you are "bored". You should be starting it because you want to do it. It takes a lot of work, who will provide support when you are at school / doing homework?

Age isnt necesarrily a factor, but dont follow in the footsteps of all other "bored" teenagers, who start a company without knowing what they are doing, charge unsustainable prices and then give up and leave all customers in the dark. Good luck

Agreed!

He did express that it was for a few friends though.