* Atom Dual-Core 1.6Ghz
    * 1GB Ram 800mhz
    * 250GB Hard Drive
    * Dedicated Server

* 2000GB Transfer
    * 5 IPS
    * 100MB Port
    * Unmanaged Support

I am not so familiar with Atom, I wanna know can I HOST about 50 websites on it with WHM which about 20 sites are using forums and portals like vBulletin and Joomla and etc ( with about 200 viewers per day ) and the rest ( 30 websites ) are just normal HTML pages with about 10-20 viewers per day ?

is this server going SLOW if i do it ?
    how is this Atom servers power ?

I heard someone was using Interserver Atom servers and he hosted 1000+ cPanel accounts on it :O
    is this even possible ?

why would you offer me with this situation ?
    I don't need Dual Xeon with $149 per month prices ...

thanks

What country are you from?

Atoms are about as powerful as P4 ~3Ghz.
    It depends on the nature and traffic of your websites. Not all websites are equal. One thing is for sure, if it is mostly static content, then yes it will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    What country are you from?
    Reminded me of Pulp Fiction

I heard someone was using Interserver Atom servers and he hosted 1000+ cPanel accounts on it :O
    is this even possible ?
    Sure if they have no traffic.
    Last edited by Sergej; 09-08-2009 at 08:05 PM.

You could probably get away with 50~

But 1,000 is not likely going to happen with any real traffic hitting them. Unless they are just a static text only 1 page html sites.

I use this same server; had some problems at first (they said it was in the setup queue and would be setup in 24 hours; it wasn't so I called and it was setup within the next 6 hours), but other than that its going fine for me.

While I don't have cPanel on it, I would think it would be plenty depending on the content (as already stated).
    John Runyon (DimeCadmium)

What type of server are you moving from?
    ReliableServers.com
    Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Cloud Servers | CDN
    1000 Gbps Network | New Jersey DataCenter
    973-849-0535

Enotch Networks VPS, with 1 GB of ram.

As I said most of them are simple HTML and about 20 of them are using forums and portals
    ( the big forum has about 10.000 members, with about 200-300 hit per day )

Ok then, so there will be no problem ...
    thanks guys.

With those you might be okay, but probably not for long. You really should look at a more powerful dedicated server or a higher end VPS

If you are going to use it for cPanel web hosting then Im afraid it cannot hold 1,000 websites. That is not simply possible unless you will host static content (html files without dynamic access such as mysql or php)

Is an Atom server enough for image hosting script ? Actually to serve connections to images using lighttpd ?

Quote Originally Posted by elas View Post
    Is an Atom server enough for image hosting script ? Actually to serve connections to images using lighttpd ?
    For 1,000 sites? no

I am pretty sure you can handle around 100 clients with an atom ( around one third as what you would do with a quad core) .

Quote Originally Posted by emsjs1 View Post
    For 1,000 sites? no
    For a single site but with constant traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by elas View Post
    To start yes, If its a dead image host yes, but if its a getting 10,000 image downloads per day then no.
    Uploadingit.com - Fast Reliable File Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by PersianStar View Post
    Enotch Networks VPS, with 1 GB of ram.

As I said most of them are simple HTML and about 20 of them are using forums and portals
    ( the big forum has about 10.000 members, with about 200-300 hit per day )

Ok then, so there will be no problem ...
    thanks guys.
    You will do perfectly fine on an Atom. I was running a forum with 54,000+ members and a HUGE MySQL database on an Atom and still am.

What's your price range if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Pentium D 820 is more powerful than atom 330?

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettReardon View Post
    You will do perfectly fine on an Atom. I was running a forum with 54,000+ members and a HUGE MySQL database on an Atom and still am.

What's your price range if you don't mind me asking?
    oh..thats a big surprise to me...i have a small vb board,30K threads,400K posts,db is around 400 Megabytes.

so i guess my board will run fine on at atom.i m presently on a p4 3.2 with 2 GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post
    oh..thats a big surprise to me...i have a small vb board,30K threads,400K posts,db is around 400 Megabytes.

so i guess my board will run fine on at atom.i m presently on a p4 3.2 with 2 GB RAM
    It should, it can handle more threads. Not thread as in a post/thread but as in a process thread. But in the end I guess that also.

I assume the P4 is just single core hyper threaded, thus two threads at a time. The atom 330 is dual core hyper threaded, thus four threads at a time. Which should be more efficient in working with SQL transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    It should, it can handle more threads. Not thread as in a post/thread but as in a process thread. But in the end I guess that also.

I assume the P4 is just single core hyper threaded, thus two threads at a time. The atom 330 is dual core hyper threaded, thus four threads at a time. Which should be more efficient in working with SQL transactions.
    Thanks a lot...yes..its a single core hyper threaded cpu.

Hello,
    an ATOM server would be fine with little amounts of traffic, but from experience with the ATOMS if you start getting any decent amount of traffic to any of the sites you may experience slowness. Stepping up a little bit to a better Dual core would be beneficial I think, and give you less headaches in the long run.
    Jeremy Miller - Account Executive
    SingleHop Inc. - Dedicated Servers Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 103

Atom + lighttpd highly underrated you should really bite the bullet and order one (Just do not use apache). They are a great price for what you get. Almost new hardware, rather than really old p3s etc. I have one from honelive myself, highly recommended. If you are shopping around, make sure you get the dual core version rather than singlecore - some providers are quite misleading about that when it comes to atoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearbox View Post

I don't touch vB and never will again, I use IPB (Invision Power Board), from my personnel experience it runs a lot smoother than vB for me and uses less resources on the back end when it comes to addons and so on.

We run our forum on a Dual Core Atom with 2 gigs of ram, we also don't run cPanel.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

I hosted over 1,000 cPanel accounts on my Interserver Intel Atom powered server but I was only doing about 200GB worth of traffic a month.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas