Blog Hosting Providers

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good Blog hosting providers. By Blog hosting I dont mean the free scripts that come with most hosting packages, but companies like GoDaddy that offer Wordpress Hosting as an exclusive product. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Why do you need hosting exclusively for Wordpress or any specific script?

Any shared hosting plan should do fine in my opinion as long as it's able to support the script/software, especially when it comes to Wordpress blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostbuster347 View Post
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good Blog hosting providers. By Blog hosting I dont mean the free scripts that come with most hosting packages, but companies like GoDaddy that offer Wordpress Hosting as an exclusive product. Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
    Just curious; what does make you as a customer think that those 'exclusive' wordpress packages are different from their other packages ? other as the way they market it?

Please do not take it negative; i am just curious, if it is the same reason why people like to wear a known brand t-shirt instead of just a t-shirt.

I am just wondering why do people sell blog hosting then, like name.com has Rapid Blog and Godaddy has blog hosting
    why would anyone pay for blog when one can get free blogging directly from wordpress or blogger

Quote Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
    I am just wondering why do people sell blog hosting then, like name.com has Rapid Blog and Godaddy has blog hosting
    why would anyone pay for blog when one can get free blogging directly from wordpress or blogger
    Well that is a good question, but i assume their packages maybe give more freedom to the end-user as that wordpress blog services or blogger can give. Both those free services have their limitations you would not run into with a normal hosting package. Also you are more bound to the region blogger and wordpress have their servers, so if you have a localized blog it would be nicer to have a provider with servers closer to your visitors.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Pretty much any shared hosting company has the same blogging features as the 'exclusive' blog providers. Search around, save a few bucks, be happy.

One way to find blog hosts is to look for shared web hosting providers that include InstallCentral or Fantastico as these have a lot of blogging tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostbuster347 View Post
    Hey,

Thanks
    How much disk space and bandwidth do you need? and what's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
    One reason why godaddy is so big. There is nothing special, but they sell that it is.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - [email protected]

I do not think that most hosting providers are blog oriented unless your thinking about free blog hosting. You could create your own blog specific host to fill the gap.

For blogs as others said you can install yourself with any shared hosting providers. If your blog has high traffic, you would seriously have to look for a VPS or a dedicated server (recommended) in this case. If this is also unsufficient for your blog site due to high traffic then you can have some custom solutions.

I do not think it would be a problem.Go with any host would meet your needs with the baby plan,because you can easily install the blogger software yourself suck as wordpress.
    When your bandwidth is used up,upgrade the plan will be ok.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

You can use free blog provider like wordpress or blogspot if that just for blogging. But if you need more prestise blog hosting is the right choose