JustEdge/Rackvibe

I've had a server for over a year now, performance used to be great and support was close to instant.
    They don't offer any kind of control panel or bandwidth graphs/usage, but this wasn't much of a problem since there were no issues.
    Suddenly, everything went horrible within an instant.

1st of September:
    My server's networking kept going down for 15 minutes every few hours (84% packetloss), a traceroute showed it was a problem at their router.
    I filed a ticket and got a reply saying 'I'll have someone look into this now.'

3rd of September:
    I got no reply besides that one, so I filed another ticket.

5th of September:
    2 days later they replied with 'I will check on this momentarily.'

7th of September:
    Again no reply besides that one, and today another one: 'I will follow up with an engineer later today for you.'
    After a few hours: 'Can i reboot your server?' (I replied instantly giving them approval).
    Again after a few hours: 'OK, I will be working tonight to keep an eye on your server throughout and so I can pinpoint something right as it happens.'
    Exactly 2 hours after that last reply, I replied 'It's down right now'.
    And now, 5 hours after that I still haven't received a response

But there is more...
    All they did in those 7 days was:
    Code:
    fsck -y
    umount -a
    shutdown -r now
    umount -a
    fsck -y
    mount -a
    mount
    mount -o,remount rw
    mount -o remount,re
    mount -o remount,rw
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mount
    cd /scripts
    cd /
    ls
    cd 
    ls
    w
    who
    exit
    Their site mentions 'Our support department is opened 24/7 by ticket system or phone.'.
    While I'm typing this, I'm still on hold after 40 minutes of waiting with a massive phone bill as a result.

I am desparate..
    I have little options, an IP change will upset even more customers (I already lost several due to this downtime) and their support is simply impossible to contact.
    Several of there engineers have an account here at webhostingtalk which show they are online every single day, so my ticket is simply being ignored.
    Their BBBOnline program has expired too:
    Code:
    # Non-payment of the annual BBBOnLine license fee or BBB Accreditation dues;

# Failure by the business to maintain its BBB Accreditation, or abide by the program standards or dispute resolution requirements of the BBBOnLine program
    What should I do?!

That is sad.

Looks like a hard drive issue? I hope you have a backup.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    That is sad.

Looks like a hard drive issue? I hope you have a backup.
    A traceroute shows that their router is failing before it even reaches my server.

I had no other choice, I've ordered a new server at SoftLayer and cancelling this one.
    Very sad, as I loved JustEdge, but I just have no other option.

Feel sad to hear such story; a provider which had been Working well for you until the recent past made you to switch.

Sad to hear about it. I still have memories of my days over there and I'm sure Gregg or Dougy are around here somewhere on the forums. Best of luck with Softlayer, I hear they're one of the best.
    Nothing here right now.

I could swear when we hosted at JE "awhile ago" they had bw graphs and all that fun stuff.

They are hard to get ahold of, it took us about 7 days to just get going and it was worth the wait however I don't think we ever needed them for anything.

I believe there is a Justedge wht rep on here, d3mon or something like that, perhaps he can put an angle on your issue. Hard drive problems are the worst.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Really sad,

hopefully dougy on this forum can give us a explaination. Anyways i hope softlayer will provide you a much better service and deploy you a 10x better server!

Good Luck

Apparently it was DDoS, the main problem was that they took 10 days to tell me that.
    SoftLayer box is up and running (1 gbit, DDoS protection) and performs brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - HostMist View Post
    Sad to hear about it. I still have memories of my days over there and I'm sure Gregg or Dougy are around here somewhere on the forums. Best of luck with Softlayer, I hear they're one of the best.
    Hmmmm... yeah, Gregg... still waiting to hear from him in this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=872820

The evidence that this company is WebHostPlus by another name, is ample.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...