expected clientbase

I'm looking at starting hosting with a reseller plan, as many of you have done. I am wanting to know, if you don't mind me asking, what how long you've been in operation and what sort of client base you have. Also how soon after you started did you build a decent sized client base.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I'm not in business yet but I think this will depend on what packages you offer and what piece of the market you are targetting...

Yes. It all depends on your marketing, target clients, etc. Everyone has different stories, with varying degrees of success.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Prices, marketing and server configuration seems no longer major factor that clients are seeking for.

Indeed, our enquiries received are majority asking for reliablity, response time, downtime and technical support.

Today's market, clients is the KING!
    :: www.addvaluehost.com :: http://forums.addvaluehost.com
    ::Multi-Domain Value Pack/Reseller Account :emi-Dedicated Server
    :: Providing Superlative quality, superb service and Economical since Aug 2002.

client is always king, they are always right, and no matter how much experience, or knowledge you've got, they know better..

but that's the way the world works i guess..

so is anyone able to give me some examples of what they have acheived with reseller packages, like what plans they offer and their client base for the plans.

it's a competitive world and i just want to know what to expect so all help given will always be muchly appreciated.

Don,

Without giving away too much, I have been in business for over 4 years. Started as a straight reseller with 12 clients a designer friend of mine was looking to host, just as I was looking for something to do. So I started reselling. It was a part-time/sideline for me and my partners.

Since the events of last year, I found myself out of work. Luckily, we had been working on this business with the plans that one of us would step into it full time.

I was kind thrust into it. It's been a learning curve. I joined several networking groups, local chambers of commerce, LeTip, etc. It has been working out great. Making contacts, getting hosting and design clients, learning more about the sales-end of business (my background is web design, SEO, project management, marketing).

It's a lot of work. It helps if you have established contacts. I don't know your background, so I can't speak to if you will be a success or not. It's not easy. It can be fun. It can be profitable. It can also suck eggs (at times).

Good luck. They don't call it work for nothing ;-)

Pete Stoermer
    Web Hosting | Website Development | Merchant Accounts | Domain Names | Reseller Programs
    [email protected]
    888.600.5630 x212

The hosting business is too flooded, you should choose something else.

Expect ZERO customers, if you get any - you will have exceeded your expectations!

Joe - HostingWave.Com / TXINSURANCE.COM
    http://www.hostingwave.com
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.

Originally posted by intraweb

Expect ZERO customers, if you get any - you will have exceeded your expectations!

This is a very good point.
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Well in certain areas this may be true. But as time continues, everyone you know will have some sort of website. There is a market and it is ripe. You just have to know where to look for the business.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support