Thread: Cloud Servers

Cloud Servers

How do cloud servers work? Would this allow you to setup one and then just scale it as needed? So no more buying dedicated servers?

Quote Originally Posted by auradev View Post
    How do cloud servers work? Would this allow you to setup one and then just scale it as needed? So no more buying dedicated servers?
    Exactly, you are able to instantly provision additional cloud servers and scale them as needed. (either up or down)

I've been using the rackspace cloud and totally would recommend it.

http://www.rackspacecloud.com/cloud_...oducts/servers
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!

Cloud servers are certainly awesome, and a quick way to grow or shrink your solution when needed. I personally am not sure about the technology yet though and good companies can get dedicated servers up pretty fast these days, although you have a bit higher prices when doing that.
    Jeremy Miller - Account Executive
    SingleHop Inc. - Dedicated Servers Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 103

I agree with Jermey

Quote Originally Posted by SingleHopJeremy View Post
    Cloud servers are certainly awesome, and a quick way to grow or shrink your solution when needed. I personally am not sure about the technology yet though and good companies can get dedicated servers up pretty fast these days, although you have a bit higher prices when doing that.
    Agreed//

I found though that if you can get a reliable scaleing cloud server host for shared hosting it is amazing. Scale down if clients are not using much and scale up when they do.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.