Talking Blue host doesnt offer other solution?!?

Today I talked with a member of BlueHost sales staff. I was curious, they are popular and just imagine how many web sites become popular on their servers?
    So I asked them what if my web site get popular and gain many visitors per day? They said you will have to find another host, I suggest you hostgator or rackspace, they offer dedicated servers

Is this just a bad salesman or?

Sounds like brutal honesty to me which is probably a good thing.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

maybe it is, if they do not offer dedicated servers.

I don't think BlueHost offers any other solution than just shared hosting. I'm sure the staff you spoke to was just helping you from having possible poor experiences in the future which also in turn helps protect the company in the case of another customer writing up a bad review due to poor performance. Although this is odd a big company recommending other big ones but there isn't much he could've done since BlueHost simply doesn't offer any other solutions for larger websites.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    I don't think BlueHost offers any other solution than just shared hosting. I'm sure the staff you spoke to was just helping you from having possible poor experiences in the future which also in turn helps protect the company in the case of another customer writing up a bad review due to poor performance. Although this is odd a big company recommending other big ones but there isn't much he could've done since BlueHost simply doesn't offer any other solutions for larger websites.
    Yes I agree, maybe if they arent offering dedicated servers its better to say it before a bad experience. But it was weird that they suggested me to go to hostgator.

Quote Originally Posted by hostbite View Post
    Yes I agree, maybe if they arent offering dedicated servers its better to say it before a bad experience. But it was weird that they suggested me to go to hostgator.
    Nah, HostGator is a good recommendation - I have in the past recommended HostGator to those who felt that we didn't quite meet their needs or expectations in a pre-sales conversation.

I'd rather the person find what they need and be happy even if it's not with us

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Nah, HostGator is a good recommendation - I have in the past recommended HostGator to those who felt that we didn't quite meet their needs or expectations in a pre-sales conversation.

I'd rather the person find what they need and be happy even if it's not with us
    Exactly, you wouldn't want to recommend another host only to find the person is dissatisfied with them and your recommendation. From my experience BlueHost's live support has always been quite truthful.

Agreed, unlimited or not, HostGator does indeed get the job done in most cases with shared hosting.

That was actually an excellent response, could have said it with more clarification however. Since all they specialize in is shared-hosting they're being upfront and honest with you.

Shared hosting always has it's limits and once you reach these limits you need to move up the food chain, to semi-dedicated (for a vps like, managed solution), VPS or eventually a dedicated sever is you are hugely successful (based on what you are serving up of course).

Since blue host does not offer these solutions, you will need to move in the future and it is always a great move to be upfront with the customer about it so they know what to expect and what not to expect.

Bluehost is not the only one that do not have dedicated solutions.Just focus on the shared hosting is not a bad thing.
    So far as I know,she is being steady-going all the way.
    One more,honestly making business only picks up benefits in the future.Not just get out of trouble,but make your business more trustable!
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Extremely honest employee that might get fired recommending the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    Not really competition if they don't offer that type of product line. I highly doubt it's grounds for termination either, perhaps a talking to or retraining, however I doubt even that. From a web host point of view, I see nothing wrong with the recommendation when the OP needs a more powerful solution that Blue host does not offer.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    Not really competition if they don't offer that type of product line. I highly doubt it's grounds for termination either, perhaps a talking to or retraining, however I doubt even that. From a web host point of view, I see nothing wrong with the recommendation when the OP needs a more powerful solution that Blue host does not offer.
    Yeah, maybe they should have said something along the lines of "We focus on offering quality shared hosting solutions and once you outgrow our shared solutions we highly recommend Dedicated Providers X, Y, and Z." ?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I am impressed that any Company would attempt to qualify a prospect's needs and then acknowlege that they would be better off somewhere else.

This is a good thing
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    That was actually an excellent response, could have said it with more clarification however. Since all they specialize in is shared-hosting they're being upfront and honest with you.

Shared hosting always has it's limits and once you reach these limits you need to move up the food chain, to semi-dedicated (for a vps like, managed solution), VPS or eventually a dedicated sever is you are hugely successful (based on what you are serving up of course).

Since blue host does not offer these solutions, you will need to move in the future and it is always a great move to be upfront with the customer about it so they know what to expect and what not to expect.
    I agree, that definitely was an excellent response. Bad salesman? Perhaps, but if they are a company that specializes in honesty and superior customer service that is definitely NOT a bad thing in the shared hosting business.

That said, BlueHost is basically saying their shared hosting is not a one size fits all solution and some of the special cases would have to go elsewhere. But keep in mind the vast majority of their customers would not have the same issues.

<< response to removed post >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-09-2009 at 09:05 AM.