Free automated subdomain creation?

I noticed some hosts offer free subdomains in case you did not want to register a domain or have an existing domain. i was curious to know if there was a simple script that i could use to tie into WHMCS and if so could i use multiple domains that i could offer as a subdomain to my users?

ipanel/xpanel or laperedpanel can do this.

Yeah, i've heard of those before, but i want to keep using WHMCS as my interface for the client to sign up with.

you could contact whmcs and see if they can do anything about it - the default version of whmcs doesn't have a way to edit DNS settings in the main server

you have to find a way to create a new a-record in the main domain - I know WHMCS has custom modules and some people work in creating custom modules, but I don't know any like this from the top of my head.

and honestly, I think you should do this kind of a thing manually - it'll ensure you are giving account access to the right people and you won't have to worry too much about spam right off the bat.

I finally did the "perfect" Google search and managed to do the following:

http://demo.whmcs.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

By using this quick guide:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=3209

But i wonder if i can figure out a way to have multiple sub domain options with it.

Yeah i guess no multiple domain support...

http://forum.whmcs.com/archive/index.php?t-1.html

Quote Originally Posted by venkatam View Post
    I noticed some hosts offer free subdomains in case you did not want to register a domain or have an existing domain. i was curious to know if there was a simple script that i could use to tie into WHMCS and if so could i use multiple domains that i could offer as a subdomain to my users?
    Be very careful when offering automatic sub domains as clients could register a domain like billing.yourdomain.com and then use it to collect payments from unsuspecting customers.

That problem can be solved by not offering sub domain which is related to your domain. i.e. subdomain.yourdomaindns.com or similar

Hope you can understand all of that

Oh yeah of course, i planned on choosing a domain totally irrelevant to my main domain. However, i will be sure to reserve those domains that someone could potentially use to misrepresent my site. Thanks for the advice.