Hybrid View

New to all of this

Hello, I've been a long time planer of my hosting company. I just created the website and purchased hosting. Can someone tell me how I can drive traffic to my site ect. I really need a from the beginning explanation of all of this seo stuff. Thanks, Jackson.

The advertising section on these forums may be a good place to start. Also getting listed in some hosting review sites and directories may help. Some type of site opening promotion is also a great way to get customers to sign up.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try both of these out.

Here is a good place to start http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=35769

That page will give you the basics and Google Guidlines on where to start.

Good luck, and feel free to let us know if there is anything specific that you try and it works or doesn't.
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

There is a difference between what you do for SEO and what you do to generate traffic. You SEO your site to get into the search results and draw traffic but what you do to SEO site has not really got anything to do with traffic. For example you build back links using the anchor text you want as a search result, not to generate traffic. If that makes sense?

Next you need to decide where your prioritities lie. You are never going to get into the search results for Hostng so do you want to focus on SEO strategies or spend your time community building and networking. On the other hand you can pick up key words for local searches and maybe thats where you should start.

hey ranchid

good info bro.....

You need seo for your site to increase the traffic on your site.

You can try to get the backlinks by submitting your to link directories, many of which are free, and writing articles and submitting them to article directories.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

I strongly suggest before you do anything you register for Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics/). This will help you determine what method of SEO is working for your company and what areas you need to focus on more. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!