Double your traffic from forum marketing with this simple tip.

Hey guys and gals!

I have been practicing my forum marketing techniques a lot lately and I have started to notice that there a lot of tricks that you pick up after you get good at it.

One of the easiest ways to boost traffic from your signature link, while simultaneously making people aware of you is to add an avatar. I know you can do it here on WHT, but there are plenty of other forums that allow it.

All I did was take one of my facebook pics and cropped it so you could see nothing but my face. This is my new avatar.

By adding a personal picture of yourself, it really helps people get to know you as a person and not just so guy behind a computer. Once they see this, they are more willing to reply to whatever it is you write.

I didn't believe it at first until I tried it. Definitely worth the test.

Happy marketing!
    -Daniel
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Thanks for that i really never noticed it before but now that i thank about it more ...people do relate more to you when they can see you ...as human and as a person and not just a advertising listing ...

thank you for your Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    Hey guys and gals!

I have been practicing my forum marketing techniques a lot lately and I have started to notice that there a lot of tricks that you pick up after you get good at it.

One of the easiest ways to boost traffic from your signature link, while simultaneously making people aware of you is to add an avatar. I know you can do it here on WHT, but there are plenty of other forums that allow it.

All I did was take one of my facebook pics and cropped it so you could see nothing but my face. This is my new avatar.

By adding a personal picture of yourself, it really helps people get to know you as a person and not just so guy behind a computer. Once they see this, they are more willing to reply to whatever it is you write.

I didn't believe it at first until I tried it. Definitely worth the test.

Happy marketing!
    -Daniel
    Human approach right?
    thank you for reminding us..!
    911URGENTENTERPRISE.COM - Online New Zealand Webhosting Center
    █ All Your data back up daily
    CUSTOMER SUPPORT 24/7 Customer Support, Phone Support, Live Chat Support , Free Videos Tutorials, Extensive Online Documentation, Integrated Ticketing System, One-Hour Ticket/E-mail Response Guarantee

thanks for the tips. I will try to implement your suggestions and see if it helps
    Web Hosting Blog - An exclusive blog on Web Hosting Industry and hosting related topics.

Thank you for your tips

I agree with you and i have tried it in many forums and It works
    Thanks for sharing your experience

Thanks for sharing this helpful tips.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

That's an awesome tip, we will have to implement it sometime. Now to decide who the best looking person is here...

The same goes for your website - especially if what you provide is a service. When what differentiates you is your people, it is important to show the people!
    Christian Dawson
    Chairman, i2Coalition
    http://www.i2coalition.com
    follow us on Twitter @i2coalition!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

John
    Great Plains Web Hosting
    Providing Small Business Solutions
    Hosting For Your Small Business

Going to make a poll at the office internal forum to see who's the best looking to get on the avatars haha. Iam glad i hired those new sales girls...

Thanks for the tip. Ill be looking into uploading a pic of me.

Also when current customers get a personal relate, and tie a face to a company they are less likley to leave you.

Well that explains why there are so many useless posts on webhostingtalk with a signature of some hosting company at the bottom of the post! The avatar is an interesting idea but I prefer my avatar of our mascot
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    . . . One of the easiest ways to boost traffic from your signature link, while simultaneously making people aware of you is to add an avatar. I know you can do it here on WHT, but there are plenty of other forums that allow it.
    You can have a sig here on WHT but can't have an avatar. You can have a profile pic in your profile setup, but no avatar in your posts. They'll allow them one day.
    This also works well on a host's site, in their "About us" section. I see soooooooooooo many hosts that have an "About us" page with no pics next to the names of the owners/managers of the business. I think in some instances they might be a little embarrassed at how young or fat they look, but IMO it doesn't matter. Get the pics up there and you'd be amazed at how this can change the feel of an "About us" page, making it real and personal.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

What if you look like a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Millar View Post
    What if you look like a kid?
    Then you're being upfront and honest about it. If it's a possible negative, own it, don't hide it. I know this is sending shivers up the spines of some hosts.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    You can have a sig here on WHT but can't have an avatar. You can have a profile pic in your profile setup, but no avatar in your posts. They'll allow them one day.

This also works well on a host's site, in their "About us" section. I see soooooooooooo many hosts that have an "About us" page with no pics next to the names of the owners/managers of the business. I think in some instances they might be a little embarrassed at how young or fat they look, but IMO it doesn't matter. Get the pics up there and you'd be amazed at how this can change the feel of an "About us" page, making it real and personal.
    That's a really good idea! I have tried this out on my sales pages as well and it definitely helps a lot with conversions.

By simply putting a face on a website, it makes your approach seem a lot more personal.

If you don't have a picture, you can always use this one:
    http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1...per_bigger.jpg

(joking of course!)
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post

Thank you for insight!