Question New server system, please who is the best hosting company to go with?

We are looking into a new server system and got a few offers, however, I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction to where the Support is great, the delivery of a system such as the one below is fast, and the Internet connection is stable.

I got the following proposal:

» Processor: Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ Hyperthreaded » Memory: 4GB DDR Registered/ECC » Hd1: Dual 160GB SATA / Hardware Raid 1 (+Upgrade to dual 250GB drives) » Hd2: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache » RemoteBackup: No Remote Backup Needed » OS: Linux - CentOS 5 (+64 Bit) » ControlPanel: No Control Panel (+Core Managed) » Bandwidth: 4000GB Monthly Transfer (2000 in + 2000 out)

Quantity 2

+

» PrivateSwitch: 5 Port 100Mbit/s Switch
    Quantity 1

+
    » LoadBalancer: ZEUS shared load balancer 2 servers (+File Replication Services) (+1 Load Balanced VIP)
    Quantity 1
    +
    Processor: Dual Xeon E5520 Quad Core (Gainstown) » Memory: 4GB DDR RAM » Hd1: 3 x 250GB SATA / Hardware Raid 5 » Hd2: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache (+Upgrade to 250GB drive) » RemoteBackup: No Remote Backup Needed » OS: Linux - CentOS 5 (+64 Bit) » ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager (+ServerSecure) (+Fantastico/XController) » Bandwidth: 4800GB Monthly Transfer (2400 in + 2400 out)

Total costs USD 1.200

Is this cheap, expansive or can it be made better ?

Hope you have some input here..

I don't think this is a ridiculous price, it is reasonable, but you can find much better...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

The USD 1.200 is a monthly fee of course!

Please if any other have some input let me know.

What sort of application are you running, which requires load balancing? Perhaps you could cut down by using some open source load balancing technique instead of the Zeus hardware.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by fionix View Post
    The USD 1.200 is a monthly fee of course!

Please if any other have some input let me know.
    We had assumed such
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    What sort of application are you running, which requires load balancing? Perhaps you could cut down by using some open source load balancing technique instead of the Zeus hardware.

Zeus is a software load balancing solution, not hardware

WHT is not filled with people used to paying for anything besides cpanel

lol

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post

hank you for your inputs, so it looks like the pricing is ok, and also that maybe the Software load balancer should be changed to a Hardware solution.

Thank you, I guess I don't get any recommandations for any of the big hosting companies because of some forum rules.... a shame since it would be helpful in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    I assumed he would be getting some hardware with Zeus set up on it.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Looking at your website cristibighea, it looks not very informative... why don't you have any list of products etc. on your webiste?

What applications we are running dosen't matter in regards to this and even nothing I would post on a public forum I'm also not aware of if it is only software they want to setup or if it is hardware.... at the moment I work on a proposal with theplanet, they are so far the fastest in replies.

Rackspace (sorry I know they are forum sponsors here) need 24 hours to send a proposal and to jus have someone to call me, sorry but this is defiantly to slow response time for us.... wonder what will happend if you get troubles with your servers...

Will still look for some other solutions, looks like the first proposal I got is good..... thank you for your comments.

If you're looking for the list of extra software we offer you'll need to contact the sales team or PM me here if you're looking for something specific, like cPanel/Plesk or other services. I'll see about some extra things getting added as well as modifying the website a bit, as we're constantly trying to keep it as simple as possible so people can get the information they need without getting lost in it.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

fionix: I suggest you contact Shawn or Benji at www.burst.net and ask for those setups. You'll get the exact same setup as you need for a LLOOOOOTTTT less than what you willing to spend here.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC