IIS problems : IIS Authentication, frequent problems with VPSLand

I have recurring errors on VPSLand - the scenario is I'm using Windows 2003 with IIS6 with enable anonymous access enabled (same as I have always done on my other servers)

However, when I browse the site locally on remotely I get the username and password prompt. If I log a ticket with VPSLand they always seem to respond saying the issue has been sorted out, and when I ask what the problem was the response is always that they reset the IUSR account password.

Once the problem is fixed, the problem then reappears as soon as I copy any files in the directory.

When I inspect the permissions on the new copied files (right click properties, permissions) the new files does not seem to grant access to the ASPNET, SYSTEM and IUSR accounts, and then I manually have to go and assign those permissions for it to work.

... Only to find that hours later I am prompted with a username and password when hitting my site, then I have to log a ticket again, only to hear that the IUSR password has been reset and it works again.

Could anyone please offer some advise here as I don't seem to be having any joy with the support engineers - perhaps there's something that's not set up properly that someone can point out in order to resolve these issues.

Many thanks

USA, EU, UK, CA, AUS
    Try and add Network Service with read / write permissions on the folder (make sure you choose inherit too). Also try to add frontpage extensions to the site - this sometimes cures the ill.

Another option is to install the free dotnetpanel and let that manage the IIS permissions.

VPSLAND.Com really oversells their servers.

I got so many friends host their private servers game there and from the speed of the Remote destop connection , we know that they host more than 20 Containers in it.