Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking I Got A Warning!!!

Yay, I don't know who else has gotten a warning yet but I did, ha HA! Thanks Chicken I owe it to you bro. LOL funny how you use that feature even, is it suppose to scare us or something? LMAO

peace
      0 Not allowed!

What did you do?
      0 Not allowed!

nishan u noty (naughty) boy
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com
      0 Not allowed!

If your on Warning Level 6 does that mean you did 6 things wrong?

Hows it work?
      0 Not allowed!

I think it works like those warnings at AIM. they go up 6 at a time maybe ? or a bit more.. so if u get alot of warnings about 50-75% u get disconnected from AIM. i never got them there (dont wanna get them here too ) .. just from what i heard
    { if Need Graphic Design? then Ask Graphics }
    @ http://www.askgraphics.com
      0 Not allowed!

I don't quite see how having a warning level benefits anyone... If anything it would discredit a host if someone was doing research here on one.
      0 Not allowed!

BC explains the point system of the warning level in this thread:
    http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=89007
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    I don't quite see how having a warning level benefits anyone... If anything it would discredit a host if someone was doing research here on one.
    Well, if they deserve to be discredited then that what they get. That is why this system is in place.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    Saves the pack wolves doing it.

Gary
      0 Not allowed!

I see your point
      0 Not allowed!

The warning level system also allows them to set a variable to your username and thus using that variable, they can control where you post etc. So if you get a warning level of "X", then you can't post into the ad forums.

I personally think it should be displayed in the left hand side of the page, just under your username and number of posts etc...
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I personally think it should be displayed in the left hand side of the page, just under your username and number of posts etc...
    Well, then people will start confussing the post count # with the warning level #

lol
      0 Not allowed!

Re: I Got A Warning!!!

Originally posted by nishansoft
    Yay, I don't know who else has gotten a warning yet but I did, ha HA! Thanks Chicken I owe it to you bro. LOL funny how you use that feature even, is it suppose to scare us or something? LMAO

peace
    It isn't a Yay thing. It is a point system that keeps tabs on members and violations of the forum guidelines. After a certain amount of points, the system will ban the user. So no, it isn't supposed to scare anyone, it will simply ban them eventually if the behavior continues.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

All I did was call someone gay. :-p Cuz he posted a very POINTLESS and unhelpful post in my topic. And that's how I got my 6 warning points.

Sup Chicken? Well can't you treat users equaly? That guy wasn't being great either, oh and you stick wit his side, great moderating. Personall, I think the whole warning system is pathetic... Trying to find more ways to scare off users cuz they call someone gay, lol.
      0 Not allowed!

You are not allowed to call someone gay .. you have to call him "very happy"
    I wanted a signature but all I got was a scribble ...
      0 Not allowed!

If this was my forum you would of been banned with no warnings.
      0 Not allowed!

. . . . . . can't you treat users equaly? That guy wasn't being great either, oh and you stick wit his side, . . . .
    I see. It is your contention that theives have rights too?
    Not here. Software piracy has always been frowned upon around these parts.
    If you want help with software; buy it first.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

I hate it when people using the term "gay" to descibed something. I never can tell if they are actually insulting something , or what that might be if they are. In other words if you called a person gay, you might just be be insulting gay people. Then again, you might just be saying the person is happy. I don't know. The dictionary doesn't say gay = stupid.

It reminds me of the unimaginative losers on the CB radio. When they get mad at people, they call the males ******s and the females sluts, even though they don't know these people. How rude.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."
      0 Not allowed!

You are not allowed to call someone gay .. you have to call him "very happy"
    lol! Nah, I was meaing gay as in STUPID.

If this was my forum you would of been banned with no warnings.
    LOL! Do you think I care??????? NOPE

Software piracy has always been frowned upon around these parts.
    So I've noticed.

I hate it when people using the term "gay" to descibed something. I never can tell if they are actually insulting something , or what that might be if they are. In other words if you called a person gay, you might just be be insulting gay people. Then again, you might just be saying the person is happy. I don't know. The dictionary doesn't say gay = stupid.
    No one asked for that, hmm uneeded post. You'd have to be pretty unnormal to not able figure out how someone is using gay against someone.

But in the long run I don't care about anyone here...... (except the ppl who feel me, otherwise..... HAHA)

- S
      0 Not allowed!

LOL! Do you think I care??????? NOPE
    If I gave rackshack 2 million and bought WHT you would
      0 Not allowed!

Bit of topic.

I just read the closed thread and noticed that pirated Photoshop stopped working right after windows update. I wonder if this has to do with DRM section added to Microsoft EULA that lets them disable any not legitimate software on your system.

I hope it does. I would love to see Microsoft finaly stop the piracy. I would love to see what happens with their user base after that,
      0 Not allowed!

All I did was call someone gay. :-p Cuz he posted a very POINTLESS and unhelpful post in my topic. And that's how I got my 6 warning points.

Sup Chicken? Well can't you treat users equaly? That guy wasn't being great either, oh and you stick wit his side, great moderating. Personall, I think the whole warning system is pathetic... Trying to find more ways to scare off users cuz they call someone gay, lol.
    Aren't you suppose to be at school right about now?
    Domain Software, LLC.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I dont think the warning levels on AIM mean anything!!

One time i raised my own level to 100%,nothing happenend,i could still send messages,recieve them,etc..........

I dunno..........

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Dude*
    I dont think the warning levels on AIM mean anything!!

One time i raised my own level to 100%,nothing happenend,i could still send messages,recieve them,etc..........

I dunno..........

The Dude
    It delays the send button. So if you get 75% it takes longer before you can push the send button
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast