Iweb up and down

Surprising no one else has complained about the DDoS Iweb's been receiving. Just thought I'd post it here for all to see / comment on .

http://blog.iweb.com/en/tag/iwebnetw...ttack-05092009

I didn't notice any slowdowns / downtime, and nor did Pingdom for the services I have with Iweb.

Depends on what segment of their network your on. Our only server there's been going up and down horribly for the last two days. I'm thinking of leaving them along with a lot of other clients of theirs.....

K-V-N, can you send us a tracert as we can verify why you still be affected by the DDoS.

Thanks

Depends on what segment of their network your on.
    Since the problem affected incoming routes it affected all our network but the problems customers might have experienced depend on the route taken to reach our network. Most customers that experienced problems were customers getting to our network through Peer1 because the attacks saturated a Peer1 port. Once we stopped advertising incoming routes through Peer1 most customers saw the situation getting back to normal. Mostly UK customers were affected by slowdowns because Peer1 is a preferred path for many in the UK.

Regards,
    Last edited by atchoooo; 09-08-2009 at 07:46 AM.

Hi Martin,

I'm an iWeb client with a dedicated server. On Monday they installed a Firewall. It's been since then I have erratic connections. IP's have turned into a mess an no one gives me a solution!! Mi client # is 48773. I used to have before firewall installation a primary IP and two extra for my own DNS... Today I can't understand what they have done.

Thank you for helping me!!

This doesn't seem to be related with the discussed outage in this thread, Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    I didn't notice any slowdowns / downtime, and nor did Pingdom for the services I have with Iweb.
    I suppose that is enough to use some monitoring tools for this.

I'm an iWeb client with a dedicated server. On Monday they installed a Firewall. It's been since then I have erratic connections. IP's have turned into a mess an no one gives me a solution!! Mi client # is 48773. I used to have before firewall installation a primary IP and two extra for my own DNS... Today I can't understand what they have done.
    Please give us a ticket number to refer to and we will investigate. You have more chances to receive quick answers if you email our support staff directly. If you are not satisfied with the first answer you receive, ask them to escalate your request to a higher level. As requested, please give me a ticket number so I can investigate or escalate for you.

Regards,