Arrow Resellers Suggestion: ffmpeg, mailing list 5000+

Hi,

I am looking for a dedicated, VPS or reseller hosting that has ffmpeg installed, and allows me to email my subscribers; 5,000+ bi-monthly.

I'm currently using hostgator resellers account. Its great but it doesnt allow ffmpeg. I've been with them for 3 years and my yearly term is up at the end of the month. I can't afford their dedicated hosting prices so I will look for more affordable hosting.

Any suggestions?

Edit: My budget is about $30.00 per month.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jambla; 09-06-2009 at 08:59 AM.

How much disk space and bandwidth will you require?

Not too much. I use about 1 - 2GB disk space and about 10 - 15GB's of bandwidth.

Any shared plan should do just fine, you may want to contact the companies that you're interested in if they're able to support your bi-monthly e-mail sending limit though. However, with a $30/mo. budget you may want to get a VPS instead.

Thanks for the reply igxhost. What I really want is suggestions for reliable hosts.

Thanks again.

if you are looking for a stable ffmpeg host, then you should try infrenion. Also, your mailing list do not seem to be a problem if you send them in bunches so that you do not overload the servers. Good luck with your search!

There are few companies which provide reseller with ffmpeg, you didnt mention desired location to have a reseller account, would be easy to help you.
    Team Overline India
    Fully Managed cPanel Installed Virtual Private Servers
    Since Monday 16 June, 2008 - Thousands of Users can't be Wrong
    Premium WHMCS Themes from ThemeMetro.com

Thanks for the replies. Location: Sorry, I'm new to the forum I would prefer US.

FFMPEG is very resource intensive if you use it regularly and I don't know of many reseller providers that offer it - I know that you can get it on semi-dedicated, vps, and dedicated. If you have the funds to go dedicated I highly recommend Softlayer.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    FFMPEG is very resource intensive if you use it regularly and I don't know of many reseller providers that offer it - I know that you can get it on semi-dedicated, vps, and dedicated. If you have the funds to go dedicated I highly recommend Softlayer.
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at Softlayer. As far as ffmpeg and resources, yes I'm aware that it is resource intensive. I have a pretty active site and I will be adding a few new options soon. One of these options requires ffmpeg. I don't think that it will be used A LOT this is why I'm looking mainly for a reseller or VPS. If I find that the users are using it a lot then I will switch to a dedicated. I just don't want to spend the extra money if its not needed. FFMPEG is not my main concern. It's just an option I want and if needed I will upgrade. Besides the standard reliability, speed, support etc... I mainly want a method of mailing the subscribers bi-monthly.

Thanks again for the information.

I would recommend you have a dedicated server and I recommend you webhosting offers to visit to find out what is being offered now