Webhost that will suit a small business with LOTS of video?

I'm with InMotionHosting right now and to be honest I'm not satisfied with the speed that I'm getting. Soon I'm launching a small business and I'll need a webhost that gives fast speed because of all of the high quality video that I'll put on the site, I'm talking hours and hours of it. I'd need basically unlimited bandwidth and fast speed to stream all of the vids. I'll probably have multiple domains hosted on it, but only a single one that really takes any bandwidth (vid site).

Tons of vids on the site, a forum, wordpress, and -maybe- something that could handle webstore stuff - I'd need all of that.

If there's any recommendations you could give I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by NordLEad; 09-06-2009 at 06:40 AM.

You won't get unlimited bandwidth. If you go with a shared provider that offers "unlimited" bandwidth, you won't be able to use much of it. Any idea how much media you'll be hosting? I would recommend a VPS or dedicated server depending on how many videos you'll need to have hosted.

unlimited there no such of thing in hosting also what will be your budget?
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Well InMotion has given me unlimited so I was thinking it would be unlimited with another as well. That is, unless it just says unlimited and it really isn't. At first, it will definitely have a bit, and that's only going to keep increasing as time goes on. I'll have embedded flash + downloadable .wmv videos, so I'm going to guess in the 20gb-30gb range to start off with, probably going into 100s of GB in the future. It'll definitely be hefty in the time to come, but for now it doesn't have to be overkill. As for my budget, I'll have to pay what it costs whether I like or not! I'm paying simply $150/year for InMotion right now but I can definitely swing more than that if necessary.

What would you say is a good company to look into?

Quote Originally Posted by NordLEad View Post
    Well InMotion has given me unlimited so I was thinking it would be unlimited with another as well. That is, unless it just says unlimited and it really isn't. At first, it will definitely have a bit, and that's only going to keep increasing as time goes on. I'll have embedded flash + downloadable videos, so I'm going to guess in the 20gb-30gb range to start off with, probably going into 100s of GB in the future. It'll definitely be hefty in the time to come, but for now it doesn't have to be overkill. As for my budget, I'll have to pay what it costs whether I like or not! I'm paying simply $150/year for InMotion right now but I can definitely swing more than that if necessary.

What would you say is a good company to look into?
    host are not allowed to post there offer here,so please check the offers section

also your bandwith requriment not that much high,so shared server will work for you

150$ is also good budget,sure you can find nice host
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Alright, thanks. Actually I would be perfectly happy with the hosting company I'm with now if the speed were faster, so that's why I want to do the switch. Have to find one that's fast...

I highly recommend a VPS. It will leave room for future growth and development and the performance (especially when it comes to media streaming and hosting) will be much better than on a oversold shared environment.

Part of the reason is Video Streaming does use quite a lot of usage, RAM and CPU respectively. If your video site is quite small, It would go well with a non-oversold webhost. However, Depending on your current usages (if any) you would be looking at upgrading your services in due time.

VPS would be a great step, Though I would recommend if you are on a Shared Account as you are then perhaps using a Semi-Dedicated Server.

What are your current usages may I ask?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Actually it's very little, about 500mb in usage and about 10GB of transfer a month. That amount will go up 10 times once this is launched. I think it may very well be possible to go with a good company and get a shared account for now that can handle the stats when I start, and later I can upgrade the package if I need to.

Actually it's very little, about 500mb in usage and about 10GB of transfer a month. That amount will go up 10 times once this is launched. I think it may very well be possible to go with a good company and get a shared account for now that can handle the stats when I start, and later I can upgrade the package if I need to.
    Would you know how much Memory or CPU your site uses?

Not a clue

Not a clue
    If your current host has not suspended your account it must not be using too much, I am not sure. I would recommend you start off small, Choose a package that fits in with your sites requirements and start from their.

Their are quite a few webhosting companies around, Have you taken any interest in hosts you have looked into?

-Sean

I'm eyeballing SharkSpace. It looks perfect for me to start off with, and I'm talking the GreatWhite package. 100 GB Storage, 1 TB Data Transfer.

It looks quite decent, I would advise doing some research on WHT and read some reviews that should help you get started

I'm doing that now, thanks for your help

I'm eyeballing SharkSpace. It looks perfect for me to start off with, and I'm talking the GreatWhite package. 100 GB Storage, 1 TB Data Transfer.
    They seem to hold a good reputation here on WHT, I've seen a few positive reviews on them. However, I wouldn't count on being able to use 1TB of bandwidth per month though.

They seem to hold a good reputation here on WHT, I've seen a few positive reviews on them. However, I wouldn't count on being able to use 1TB of bandwidth per month though.
    My thoughts exactly, It may look promising but again you might aswell call this unlimited in another sense

You can check simplecdn - it is the cheapest content delivery, your visitors will have faster download times as they load from a node near their location.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

If they actually let you use those resources I would be impressed. Regardless it does sound like a VPS is your best option, but if you feel it is unnecessary, there is no harm in trying the shared.

I'm with InMotionHosting right now and to be honest I'm not satisfied with the speed that I'm getting. Soon I'm launching a small business and I'll need a webhost that gives fast speed because of all of the high quality video that I'll put on the site, I'm talking hours and hours of it. I'd need basically unlimited bandwidth and fast speed to stream all of the vids. I'll probably have multiple domains hosted on it, but only a single one that really takes any bandwidth (vid site).

Tons of vids on the site, a forum, wordpress, and -maybe- something that could handle webstore stuff - I'd need all of that.

If there's any recommendations you could give I'd appreciate it.
    Most of my customers come from Vietnam? what about loading speed for them if I use your host?
    Last edited by Mike V; 09-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Hello,

First of all let me say good luck as you launch your new business.

Secondly there is no such thing as Unlimited BW, that would be like going to a gas station and expecting unlimited gasoline. You are a business man, do any of the other vendors offer you unlimited resources, I think not, they have to pay for them, sell them to you at a profit so that they can remain in business and the hosting industry is no different.

With the description of your site to be launched I would certainly recommend dedicated hosting as while you may start out ok on a VPS, you will also probably out grow those resources very quickly. Setting up good lines of communications with your host can go along way with setting up a good environment for your online presence to prosper.

I would echo what the others have said, a VPS will definitely be needed for this. Best of luck with your venture.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry