help please my server hacked

hello

i get yasterday formating for all file my server by hacker

and need help to restore my data

what i do ?

Hi,

If the hacker have deleted the files, he definitely should have complete control of your server. Since you are not aware of the severity of this hack, it is recommended to get your server re-installed.

You should also hire a sys admin to add some security modules on your server before you proceed with the website setup. Make sure you backup all your data on your local machine before you ask for a re-install.

now i dont have backup i need help to can recovery my data

Quote Originally Posted by herotom View Post
    Best advice is to get in touch with your provider and have a fresh OS reinstall to ensure it's not compromised.

It may not be a bad idea to consult server management to avoid the chances of being hacked/exploited/compromised again.

bsh
    Brandon Hale | bhale@fortressitx.com | 888.500.0774

Moved > Technical & Security Issues.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by bsh View Post
    Best advice is to get in touch with your provider and have a fresh OS reinstall to ensure it's not compromised.

It may not be a bad idea to consult server management to avoid the chances of being hacked/exploited/compromised again.

bsh
    His problem is that he do not have backup.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

yes, thats the good advice...dnt look for any other options......os reload is the best one

hello

what i do ?
    If your provider does not have backups, and you were not purchasing backup service from them, and you were not performing any backups yourself, you are just out of luck.
    Hard lesson to learn, but if your data is important to you....back it up. Never rely on or assume your provider is doing it.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Do not reload the OS to the original drive. That will overwrite data that it might be possible to recover from the drive, depending on how it was deleted.

Send the erased drive to a data recovering firm to see if they can help you restore it. Install a fresh OS on a new drive.

Quote Originally Posted by part View Post
    Do not reload the OS to the original drive. That will overwrite data that it might be possible to recover from the drive, depending on how it was deleted.

Send the erased drive to a data recovering firm to see if they can help you restore it. Install a fresh OS on a new drive.
    this will be nice idea but it will cost you $$$,if the data is that much importance then sure it the only way

mean time ask your DC to look on this
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

hello

what i do ?

how you are sure your files are deleted or your server is formatted, these two are different things, if just files are deleted and then you check R-Tools. Also check if server is not formatted so check your relevant files from where he login and got root access so you can easily identify the person.

Hacking in Linux is not easy, but you should be careful for future and also setup daily backup of your server to some other co-location.
    Thanks,
    Noman
    noman@linuxonsupport.com
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee