Hybrid View

High End CENT OS Box - B2B Email Mktng

We are seeking dedicated server hosting for our email marketing software for our internal use only. Offshore preferred or Onshore USA is ok as long as the followoing specs are met:

Hardware:
    Dual or Quad Pentium Dual Core Processor
    Cent OS 5X ir hIgher
    4-8 Gigs Ram
    1 SCSI Drive 80GB
    1 Sata or Fast ATA 500GB Drive
    SCSI Controler and NIC Card

Bandwidth: Minimum of 45MB Dedicated Connection or Pipe with Bursting or (50 or 100mb Dedicated Connection Preferred)

IP's 128 nor 256

Usage:

We will primarily use the sever for 1-3 hours daily - Monday thru Friday
    ( No weekends or holidays ). All mailings are to our own clean B2B email lists.

We expect complaints to be at a minimum, although we need to be with an ISP who can be tolerant when needed All mailings are compliant with remove link, phone number etc etc and our real mailing address to our own B2B ( no B2C ) email lists.

We are looking for a very long term relationship and are willing to pay for good service and support.

Budget is in the $1000 USD per month range.

At a minimum, 24 phone support would be nice or some way to contact the tech department if there is an issue.

Please respond ASAP - We are looking to make an immediate decision.

do you need your server managed also?

yes - but if managed not avail. then we can do it remotely. Support is important also if there is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgmiami View Post
    yes - but if managed not avail. then we can do it remotely. Support is important also if there is an issue.
    I see, also you should know 128IPS vs 256IPS is a pricy factor.
    i would recommend takeing 2 smaller servers and spread the workload overall you will have more bandwidth, and no single point of fail.

well, take a look around the forum, make your mind what looks best for you.

always happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by beastserv View Post
    I see, also you should know 128IPS vs 256IPS is a pricy factor.
    i would recommend takeing 2 smaller servers and spread the workload overall you will have more bandwidth, and no single point of fail.
    I agree with your suggestion as well. Many providers will also give discounts for a mass amount of IPs.
    Last edited by TailoredVPS; 09-06-2009 at 01:38 AM.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting
    Powered by OpenVZ | Servers located in the USA | 99.9% Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by AHN-Jay View Post
    I agree with your suggestion as well. Many providers will also give discounts for a mass amount of IPs.
    that is correct

Are any servers available at beatserv - your configs are awesome!
    Pelase let me know I am ready to do business.

Are any servers available at beatserv - your configs are awesome!
    Pelase let me know I am ready to do business.
    as you requested im letting you know :

Yes, most configurations are ready to go.

I would be interested in talking more. If the beastserv servers are not available to us, is there anyone yo can possibly reccommend although I really like your high-end configs.

If it's legit mail for your internal lists only, why so many IP addresses?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    If it's legit mail for your internal lists only, why so many IP addresses?
    Agreed.

I know of dedicated mail clusters that run 24x7 pumping out mail campaigns on single ip's without any deliverability problems. The lists are clean, well maintained and true double opt-in to the specific sender. Furthermore, with a clean profile, staying on a known ip is actually advantageous because the ip builds a reputation over time.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Myles, I think I have a guess on that: although he has internal B2B lists, there are obviously emails on free mail services like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, AOL. Some of them limit the global # of messages per day/week/month that a single IP address can send them. Thus, people do this kind of "rotation" even for legitimate mail.

mcgmiami: Also a note to warn you: there is a probability no host will take your account immediately in the middle of the night on a weekend where Monday will be a holiday for such a "suspicious" activity, even if you pay by Credit Card (as there's chargeback possibilities). This is the kind of account that requires some kind of heavy fraud screening and warranty of payment reception prior to letting the machine in your hands... Anything would raise a red flag now.

Thanks for your message. Realistically, I just need to make the arrangement, proper config will take a few days > even on our end.
    (IP's/ Install/ Rdns etc etc ) It seems on the weekend is when I have time to talk in the forums like this.

I really do thank you for your concern - point well taken.

Myles, you are 100% correct. And we publish 10 different eNewsletters so you can imagine the challenges we face. We like to rotate every few days, giving the ip's a breather. We have found that by doing so eventually with a very low complaint ratio sending limits and whitelisting requests are eased and made easier. It's not that the big free ISP's don't want to permit legit emails coming in, its more that they want to prevent unlegit emails from coming in ie -someone who has no regard for their host and just wants to send allot of email fast - that's why there are sending limits on ip's/domains that the ISP (and its users )is/are not familiar with.

Myles, you are 100% correct. And we publish 10 different eNewsletters so you can imagine the challenges we face.
    Can you specify your company name, current host, and current IP range for the providers in here to peek at?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

I doubt you'll be allocated 256 IPs so you can send bulk e-mails, though maybe you'll have luck with some company giving you 128 IPs.

If you take the time to set up everything properly and to request white lists, you can deal with a smaller number of IPs.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Can you confirm your lists are confirmed opt-in?

That sounds less problematic :-D
    But still, you will need to prepare a good justification for most of the companies, as usually anything over a /29 or /28 is enquired for the usage justifications.