windows2003 or windows 2008 hosting

Greetings to All,
    I've planed to go on easyCGI , I need your valuable suggestion should host on windows 2003 or windows 2008 , which one more secure and helpfull they are offering same price for both servers . Looking forward for your kind response .

regards
    Net_Spy

If host takes advantage of all the features, then 2008 is preferred. I am sure its true with easyCGI, but I always tell my customers that ask to use 2008, if for nothing else then the servers are newer.

what do you mean by features could you please explain it bit more. so that I could confirm it from easycgi support team aswell .

Regards
    Net_Spy

Both Win2k3 and Win2k8 can run on Hyper-V. IIS7 is more stable and has a few more security options built in. If you can get Win2k8 for the same price I think this should be your choice.

In addition to comments above, IIS 7 performs better than IIS 6. Additionally, some new features like URL Rewrite module, Secure folders module, etc. can come in handy in your development as well.

Good luck!

Rick
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by Net_Spy View Post
    what do you mean by features could you please explain it bit more. so that I could confirm it from easycgi support team aswell .

Regards
    Net_Spy

I ws referring to primarily the performance, security and other "internal" improvements that would interest mosty the admin/host, but to your benefit.

You can view some information at:

Performance analysis: http://blogs.technet.com/mscom/archi...rver-2008.aspx

Changes Between IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 Security: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/110/c...iis7-security/
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Hello,

If you could choose then Windows 2008 with IIS 7 will be much better option.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

Thanks all of you for your valuable suggestions . I will go with 2008 .

Regards
    Net_Spy

whatever hosting you use, do not use easycgi's windows hosting. it was a big mistake I made to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Net_Spy View Post
    Greetings to All,
    I've planed to go on easyCGI , I need your valuable suggestion should host on windows 2003 or windows 2008 , which one more secure and helpfull they are offering same price for both servers . Looking forward for your kind response .

regards
    Net_Spy