Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Jerett Patterson took my money and didn't deliver! ($2000 GONE)

Hello,

Do not do any business with user jerett from this forum, Jerett Patterson is in business just to steal your money. Let me tell our experience:

Three months ago I posted the following topic [http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=865085] in order to find a web designer for the new image of the hosting company wich I chair as co-founder. After evaluating several options, we decided that Jerett had a professional portfolio in his website www.burlapwool.com and his communication was friendly.

On June 2, 2009 we covered a document with our requirements and did a talk via chat to set the budget for the desing of the new website, the affiliate systems and the design integration with Kayako and WHMCS. It was agreed a total cost of $3,000 and a deadline of 5-6 weeks.

The same day we received the invoice, we payed $2,000 using PayPal and we agreed other payment of $1,000 upon completion of the work. During the first month, we were wating for a preview that never came, after 5 weeks without news we asked him what was happening with the design and he said that he had personal problems and the project was delayed.

We understood his problem because we haven't got no reason to doubt from him. As the days passed and we asked him in wich state was the design only received emails delaying the deadlin week after week, saying he has a busy life. If you undertake to finish the desing we understand that the project is the first thing to do.

During this time, Jerett Patterson changed his company name from www.burlapwool.com to www.shouldertree.com and now it's www.carbon12studio.com. We didn't understood the reason of the change.

After 75 days, we received the following preview of the work done in all this time. We whe saw it we din't know what to think. Do you think that this "design" worth $3,000?

http://img79.imageshack.us/i/design.png/

(Our company logo has been removed to preserve privacy).

Seeing that in 2 ½ months he had done just "that", and that he was past the deadline, we showed our displeasure with him and requested the refund of our money, Jeret Patterson claimed to be protected by PayPal and we were out of the 45-day money back guarantee and he will not offer us any type of reimbursement neither the design.

Jerett Patterson said that as we were not happy with the "design" (what he showed can't be called a design) he had done we should give him another deadline for improve it. We agreed to this with the condition of making a $500 discount on the final payment. He told us that in 1 week he would have finished the design (but was pretty clear that he would not do anything in this time)

The last Aug. 31 was the deadline and we asked him where was our design and received a mail from him saying that he had not be able to do the design and that he doesn't have the money and doesn't know when will refund us.

He offered the option of giving him another month to complete our design, but of course if he hasn't do anything in 3 months (remember that the project should have been done in 5-6 weeks) this person had lost all credibility for us.

Our company as adviced by our law firm will cause legal proceeding to be taken against Jerett Patterson for the recovery of the money and for any allowable cost and interest of such proceeding if he doesn't refund our money.

It's important for us to let people know our problem with Jerett Patterson because we think that he is trying to scam more people as you can see in his Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.

http://twitter.com/jerettpatterson
    http://www.facebook.com/jerett.patterson
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jerett-patterson/7/775/201

If the moderators or anyone need more info, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Last edited by skywin; 09-05-2009 at 02:59 PM.

There's two sides to each story, I'd really like to know Jerett's side to this one as what you've said about him doesn't seem like him at all.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

It is amazing what you find when you step away and come back. The OP has been contacted by PM to discuss his feelings in more detail in a professional manner by email.

I will be honest with everyone on WHT as I have many friends and clients on here that this relationship did indeed go sour. It was one of those you just couldn't salvage no matter how hard you tried. Simply put, it happens. We all would like to say it doesn't happen, but it does.

It's an unusual case for me and C12 but sometimes, as with all businesses, there is a client that will be effected by things you can not control. This company was one and we have tried to work a few things out with them but so far, communication has stopped.

We by no means are a thief as you all know and will handle this with legal.

Thank you all and there will be no further comments.

I've spent $8,000 on him and got what I paid for - I don't think he's a scammer. In the future use a credit/debit card instead of PayPal balance - then you are protected by chargebacking. However, do not do that till you are certain he is a scammer. I can't comment furthermore however my experiences were fine.

Hello,

We exposed a real experience. Now the reality is that currently we do not have our design after 3 months (with a deadline of 5-6 weeks) and neither has returned our money.

All information that moderators need to confirm this, it will be provided without any problems.

@Jerett

Just wondering why did you accept the project if you can't accomplish it?

To much delay, etc... then finally decided to stop and can't refund because you used the money already?

Can you clarify that?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

This matter is in discussion with the client but just know, it was bad on both ends. We won't try and bring the client into this.

However, I do not agree that the client believes WHT to be the handler of legal issues or disputes. We are getting our legal team involved to resolve this matter and the defamation of character by using such words as thief and scammer as they will hurt our name on searches.

I do appreciate your concerns and your support from many of you but this matter will be resolved professionally one on one and if the client chooses not too, then this case will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett View Post
    This matter is in discussion with the client but just know, it was bad on both ends. We won't try and bring the client into this.

However, I do not agree that the client believes WHT to be the handler of legal issues or disputes. We are getting our legal team involved to resolve this matter and the defamation of character by using such words as thief and scammer as they will hurt our name on searches.

I do appreciate your concerns and your support from many of you but this matter will be resolved professionally one on one and if the client chooses not too, then this case will be closed.

Not to intrude, but if he ordered a design that was never delivered, and a refund was not sent out, that is technically a "theif" or "scammer"

technically, he did receive a start of a design. he just didn't like it.
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!

The refund is in discussion with client as stated. I will not no longer discuss this matter on the forum as it leads to false judgments based upon hear-say.

I will not no longer discuss this matter on the forum as it leads to false judgments based upon hear-say.
    So you will be discussing the details with us?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Nich: I'm pretty sure he meant:

I will not, no longer, discuss this matter on the forum as it leads to false judgments based upon hear-say.
    meaning he won't be discussing this matter.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Well after reading it and the poor response from Jerret i would also put him in the same catergorie as a theif/scammer. It's not the client's fault that he paid you the money to design a site and make him happy and then you simply do a crappy job and then when the client of course get's upset which anyone would because the amount they paid you decline refund because your short on money is it his fault? Get real..
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Honestly, It looks like a free template.
    Last edited by M Bacon; 09-06-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Good luck getting your money back, this lawsuit wont hold up in court at all. I do apologize for this even though I don't have any connection with this individual.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by -OY- View Post
    Nich: I'm pretty sure he meant:

meaning he won't be discussing this matter.
    it was a double negative.

This has scammer written all over it. Please let us know if you get your money back. If not, this thread should remain open.

- The design delivered was CRAP
    - The cost cannot be justified
    - The timeframe is above and beyond rediculous

Fact is, Mr. designer man dropped the ball on this one big time. Learn how to service clients correctly and you won't have these issues.

Best of luck getting your money back. Have you filed a reverse via PayPal yet?

Hi there,

I saw this post and could not help but comment!!!

It hurts me to say that Mr. Jarrett (or whatever his name is) indeed sounds like a scammer. Not only that...the "business" sounds as though its a one man business with a lot of glitter and no substance.

@Jarrett When doing business, it is best practice to let the client pay half down after he likes the design. Then the other half after the client receives the design. That is what we have done for years and it never failed us because once the client does not like it. He did not loose anything and we hardly ever loose anything because we always do mock-ups for any project!

You need to get real Mr Jarrett. How can having no money in your account be any excuse to not refund a person. You spent money you did not have!!! The design was not completed. The client was not happy and you were wayyyy over the deadline!!!! Did you drink out the money! Did you have a nice time with it!!.

I also realized that you charge clients what you want to make for the month!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!! You really pushed my buttons today because this poor client does not have a design. His company is wasting down because of your " in ability to perform tasks entrusted with you" plus the client is $2000.00 USD DOLLARS BROKE!!!

Hmm...
    Last edited by SSHocker; 09-07-2009 at 03:18 AM.

I'm going to have to side with the OP here, I hired Jerett for some design work back in November last year and it was supposed to take 2-3 weeks time and specifically stated we needed it by then. Needless to say it ended up taking 3 months to complete . We received many different excuses about his personal issues as well, if I recall it was something about painting his fence.

I don't think he is a scammer, rather just lazy with a bad work ethic. He answers pre-sales super quick, don't expect the same from the actual design work.

really poor work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by eLief! View Post
    I'm going to have to side with the OP here, I hired Jerett for some design work back in November last year and it was supposed to take 2-3 weeks time and specifically stated we needed it by then. Needless to say it ended up taking 3 months to complete . We received many different excuses about his personal issues as well, if I recall it was something about painting his fence.

I don't think he is a scammer, rather just lazy with a bad work ethic. He answers pre-sales super quick, don't expect the same from the actual design work.
    This is really a poor work ethic. He is real unprofessional in carrying out his duties to his clients
    Last edited by SSHocker; 09-07-2009 at 03:18 AM.

It is amazing how many people will come to tear someone down. I honestly didn't know we had that many web hosting companies that were also design firms that understand the situation. Yes I have done much work for clients on WHT and of those a few took longer than normal. It's not bad ethics it just happens so of course those few are going to step up and make comments. Out of 50 + clients, maybe 5 took longer than normal.

I am not sure why people of WHT feel you have to defend yourself on WHT or else your proven guilty. This matter will continue to be handled by email in a professional manner which is being done.

But it's ok - you guys have your fun.

I'm going to side with Jerrett on this one. The unfortunate world is that, you get 98% delivered on time and a slight delay with the other 2% and they go bonkers. Unfortunately there's those rare moments in life/business where either something personal or seriously business related postpones work, it happens, it's how the world is!

Good luck getting this sorted on both sides!

This matter will continue to be handled by email in a professional manner which is being done.

But it's ok - you guys have your fun.
    My opinion is from running several businesses over the last 15 years is simply... You can't please everyone!

Also if this issue is truly being handled I would hope the OP will report back after it is resolved... knowing some sort of resolution has occurred would definitely help both sides.

@ Jerett...what I do not understand if you had 50 clients how is it that you cannot afford to give the unhappy client a refund? Why is this? How dont you have the money to simply issue the client a refund? I will tell you why, that is an issue of poor management. If you know you cannot handle the work load you will either have to hurry up and finish some or dont promise to do something by a specified date when you know you cannot do it. What makes matters even worse is that you made excuses to your client/clients that you had to "paint a fence" common man. Be a man. Those are the issues. We are not bashing you we are simply outlining the facts
    Last edited by SSHocker; 09-07-2009 at 03:19 AM.

My clients have not been all at once so the 50 + client's payments have come in over the past few years. The issue, which had been discussed with the client is that a personal situation (one that doesn't need to be addressed in person on this forum) came up and I needed to dig deep to contribute to situation to try and help the best I could. I ended up having to spend the down payment that client gave me. Normally I would keep this until the first milestones were competed but I didn't have an option at that point.

That is why I am offering to pay the client back once I secure a project coming up in a few weeks. I never said I wouldn't nor did the client have to ask me for a refund as I was trying to offer up the solution from the start. I even stated that I understand that he would be frustrated as I would be too but that I promise I would get this to him.

There isn't much more I can do. These things happen and if I wasn't going to work with him on a solution of payment, then I would be in the wrong but I feel that I am making the efforts to refund this client.

And cpoalmighty - hit me if you want to discuss this over phone about outlining the facts as you obviously feel that one sided stories are always factual. I choose to handle my matters privately and professionally so please - PM me your number and we can talk.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast