Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Freshbooks Alternative

No, we love freshbooks and we are not planning to move away from them.

Lately we've been doing many one-time sales whether it'd be a server or a book or some other item.

If you know freshbooks you know they charge on a monthly basis based on the number of clients etc.

So clients who buy 1 product may not sometimes come back for a couple of months or may never come back but you dont really know so the account has to kept "active" just in case they do come back to buy another item in the future.

It doesnt make any sense to have their account active and pay for freshbooks every month and have a bunch of accounts which probably never come back.

So I am looking for some service which does not charge for clients on a monthly basis.

Let me stop you right here before you recommend me WHMCS or some Shopping Cart. I am looking for a solution like freshbooks which is online (no software updates or anything needed from our side) and simple and just works, no bull.

Let me know. Thanks.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

That is a tough one...

One thing that comes to mind is the online edition of Quickbooks. I cannot recall if it has a support system built in though.

Another one I can think of is Blinksale (https://www.blinksale.com)

I've personally used FreshBooks and it is not that bad, but the lack of email piping on the support system annoys me
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

I think I might have found an alternative http://www.thisispearl.com/

Its a bit on the expensive side, but it has tracking numbers and all that good stuff, exactly whats needed.
    Last edited by HNLV; 09-05-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Seems like a decent software, but is kind of limited on the lower client versions.

exactly what I was thinking...it seems some of the "basic" stuff they have only on their higher end plans, 30 pounds thats like $60/mo...freshbooks seems MUCH cheaper in that aspect LOL.

30 British pounds = 49.19700 U.S. dollars

But yeah, they seem to have a solid product but the 'service desk' is considered an addon which is ridiculously priced.

I'm still searching as I would like something similar for a side business I do If you find anything let me know!

HAHA, I'm still in the past where 1 pound was equal to $2.00+

Of course! I will let you know Thanks!

Found another one....http://www.ultracart.com/online-shopping-cart/pricing/

Not much improvement in price, but at least these people dont nickle and dime you for EVERY feature like Pearl.

I understand the "limit" on number of items but why the limit on how much sales is done? I mean, I dont expect to cross $50,000 in sales in 1 month anytime in the near future but that just seems a bit odd.

I can't seem to find anything with screenshots of their system.

I believe they are also a payment processor which could be the cause of the monthly sales transaction limits.

They have videos http://www.ultracart.com/help/videos/ , it might give you an idea of their interface. Not as flashy as Freshbooks but it looks like it can do the job.

Hmmm...may be, but still not bad...and besides, if I am doing $50,000 in sales per month I wouldnt mind forking over a few more bucks to "upgrade" LOL.

I think Freshbooks would be better

$50/month for the entry account at UltraCart. 250 item max, so say each client has 1 product, 250 clients, that is 250 items right there. Freshbooks is $40/month for 500 clients, or 500 products if everyone has 1.

Wait...I think I misunderstood what they said on their website.

isint is 250 items in the inventory? or 250 items total purchased?

So if a client buys 250 ethernet plastic ends then thats it for that month?

WTF? LOL

EDIT: "The UltraCart Basic Account is based upon the number of items that you offer for sale in your store" I dont think the quantity of each item matters, you can have 250 different products, hard drive, memory, ethernet cables etc...so even if you buy 1000 ethernet ends, its still counts as 1 item in the store. So the "limit" is based on the number of products in the store, not the number of clients....or the number of purchases...or the quantity.
    Last edited by HNLV; 09-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Ah alright so I misunderstood...

I also use Freshbooks. You may want to check this out:

http://www.freelancerpanel.com/
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

I have a copy of FLP and it doesn't quite fit what he is looking for Also requires that you host it + perform updates.

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    I have a copy of FLP and it doesn't quite fit what he is looking for Also requires that you host it + perform updates.
    Exactly .

How about this? http://www.saasu.com/pricing/

They have an interesting limit on their plans. They are actually limited by the size of invoices. lol

Quote Originally Posted by serverfactor View Post

They have an interesting limit on their plans. They are actually limited by the size of invoices. lol
    Interesting indeed...

Interesting, yes. But no as you describe. The space limitation is for (optionally) storing pdf version of invoice on their server:

"2GB of data allows for about 50,000 transactions each with 40kb PDF files attached to the transaction if you like to store your invoices online in Saasu."
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Interesting, yes. But no as you describe. The space limitation is for (optionally) storing pdf version of invoice on their server:

"2GB of data allows for about 50,000 transactions each with 40kb PDF files attached to the transaction if you like to store your invoices online in Saasu."
    So can the NON-PDF text version still be available?

Saasu actually does not have any integration with PayPal. So customers can't pay the invoices directly.
    Just came across http://www.billcue.com/
    Pricing is cheap for the unlimited plan. Otherwise it's way more expensive then Freshbooks

There's also http://invoice.zoho.com/ Limited by number of invoices you send per month.

Both have integration with PayPal

Regards

Saasu actually does not have any integration with PayPal. So customers can't pay the invoices directly.
    Just came across http://www.billcue.com/
    Pricing is cheap for the unlimited plan. Otherwise it's way more expensive then Freshbooks

There's also http://invoice.zoho.com/ Limited by number of invoices you send per month.

Both have integration with PayPal

Regards
    Woah...billcue looks nice, its seems their only limit is the number of clients, they are not nickle and diming like freshbooks for each addition.

I wonder what the catch is because even though freshbooks is a bit stingy I've never had a single problem and I've been using freshbooks for 2 years now.

They look pretty new - From their site
    Paperless invoices generated: 4698

I would recommend you to with Zoho. They're old and stable
    Regards

Yea, Zoho.com was registered in 2004 and BillCue in 2008. But, may be its me, Billcue comes closest to what freshbooks can do BUT without the hefty PER client cost of freshbooks, thats was my main concern. Since billcue has "unlimited" clients for $55, which I think is just a promo since they are new, so even if clients dont come back for more orders, its all good.

GRRRRR one BIG downside to BillCue, they only generate and charge invoices in AUD. I created a "test" invoice and when I went to Pay it, it said AUD.

I guess Zoho it is then....
    Last edited by HNLV; 09-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast