Thread: Blog Wanted

Blog Wanted

Hi All. I want to open up a wordpress blog but I have no xp in the blog industry, What should i open up a blog on and what would i need to plan out??

You will need to have web hosting for it. I assume better find web hosting provider which will be able to offer you one click blog installer
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

I agree with rumsfo. Find reliable web host who will offer you one click wordpress installation. That software is called fantastico or installatron.

Most shared hosting providers, who offer a cPanel or similar control panel would have Fantastico which you can then use to do a "one-click" installation of something like WordPress and keep it updated from within the software when new updates / security patches are released.

Some hosts would even offer a "trial" - so, that would serve you well to evaluate their service as well as try out the "automated" installation for your blog.

Perhaps start with https://www.blogger.com/start - if the blog becomes successful or something you want to continue look into a paid host

I agree with GeekSRV, start there, and then move up to a paid host.

Or even, get someone to design 1 for you?
    Garbott Ltd - Exceptional web development, hosting & consultancy services

Hi

start a free blog like yourcompany.wordpress.com then move for your own hosting.
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

start a free blog like yourcompany.wordpress.com then move for your own hosting.
    Very good idea get your blog idea's going then look into finding a host to host your blog. Wordpress has a list of providers that can guide you in the right direction

Go for wordpress.com , you could always switch your blog to any host you choose later on. Wordpress has a blog import/export feature
    I help cloud hosting companies build and scale their platforms - The Thought Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by webhost18 View Post
    Hi

This is probably the best method, it will allow you to learn how to use everything as well as provide you with time to figure out what direction you want to take your blog in terms of content.

Also, you can pointing your domain name to your free Blogger account.
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

Since Wordpress MU is released several hosts offer managed Wordpress hosting (most free) simply search for "powered by WordPress MU" and I am pretty sure you are going to find a host that fits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by syngadget View Post
    Also, you can pointing your domain name to your free Blogger account.
    There isn't any method to export a Blogger blog to be imported on a script on an actual hosting provider is there?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    There isn't any method to export a Blogger blog to be imported on a script on an actual hosting provider is there?
    You mean to import a blogger blog into a wp blog, eh?
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

I'm not talking about on how to start one but I'm talking about what should or could I make my blog information on? Like what should or could I post on it? About my life or what?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    I'm not talking about on how to start one but I'm talking about what should or could I make my blog information on? Like what should or could I post on it? About my life or what?
    If you don't know what you are going to blog about why start one?
    Sure you can blog about your life but you can do that on Twitter.
    No need for your own hosting. Blogs usually have a subject that the "blogger" is interested in. Anything from some type music to what Hillary Clinton did today (politics, computers, cooking or whatever).
    Usually blogs are subject related. If you just want to talk about whatever is happening in your life get a free MSN blog or start a Twitter profile. Both are free and the software is already there. (Be careful what you say about yourself, don't give anything to the identity thieves or something that miht haunt you on a job search in a year or two. There's stories of people who posted about the wild stuff they did at a college party or such and later the human services director where they really wanted the job "Googled" them and found it.)

To go to all the trouble of starting something like a WordPress blog -learning & updating the software etc. is overkill if you are just going to post about the concert you went to last night or how lousy the food was at some restaurant or that your relatives birthday party was great... the free sources are just fine for all that until you settle on something you want to seriously "blog" about.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well