FazeWire Web Services.
|| We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
|| Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses
I need to to be able to transfer servers in the future.
Currently, I have no idea of how to do so.
Can someone guide me in the right direction?
Your time is appreciated.
Its quite easy process here are the steps recently i followed and transferred 30 plain servers without anycontrol panel.
1. make list of domains.
2. make list of database associated w.r.t domain.
3. make list of domains whose Nameserver pointing to same hosting company.
4. If Nameserver is not pointing to us only A record is pointing to us so make the list of that as well separte.
5. transfer 5 domains in one day, initially transfer same configuration of apache/ftp/mysql/awstat to that new shared hosting server with respect to domain name.
6. transfer document roots.
7. transfer database in off peak timings.
8. change the ip address from name server and change the related zone file entry against that domain, if you have any ambugity you can revert back, but it is not if you move with proper plan.
9. if move is successful then day by day move to domains to new server lets say 20 ro 30 or whatever you can make it.
10. After all transfer for domains whose Nameserver pointing to same hosting company, then start moving domains which we have only "A" record then go for same process.
Regarding Dedicated server.
I do same for dedicated server transfer its not difficult because we have only one domain hosted on the VPS.
Regarding Control Panel.
If you use control panel, obviously first you need to transfer domains document root and database according to your requirement and watch it for some time after that go a head, its not difficult much, but it required proper documentation when you migrate and it varies hosting company to hosting company.