2 Paypal Disputes

I have 2 paypal disputes 1. for a reseller account cause they are stating they dont need it so they just opened a dispute 2. for a dedicated server which was setup in 46 hours but the client is complaining that it wasnt setup fast enough and hes saying your site states fast setup though it says no where on my site for dedicated servers. I told him it would take 24-48 hours but every hour he would email me asking when will it be setup.

They are both non-receipt disputes so what should I do? Should I call paypal and ask them?

If I escalate it and the person put it under virtual goods does the dispute get closed automatically?

the dispute won't be closed automatically but you aren't likely to win without a signature - you can try to provide proof of past conversations between the clients and yourself, but the intangible goods make it hard for any seller to win unless you have something strong to provide against them.

The reseller one is bad - they opened a dispute because they don't need it anymore? why not just request a refund? it's not as hard to set up as a dedicated server.

And you can call paypal and see what they say, you can get advice through them if possible and they may give you a better idea than any of us here can.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    the dispute won't be closed automatically but you aren't likely to win without a signature - you can try to provide proof of past conversations between the clients and yourself, but the intangible goods make it hard for any seller to win unless you have something strong to provide against them.

The reseller one is bad - they opened a dispute because they don't need it anymore? why not just request a refund? it's not as hard to set up as a dedicated server.

And you can call paypal and see what they say, you can get advice through them if possible and they may give you a better idea than any of us here can.

good luck.
    intangible goods are not covered under buyer protection.

I don't know how many times people say this but some still spout on how you're not going to win. Paypal unlike a credit card will not cover a buyer if the goods they purchased were intangible. The dispute you simply put it was intangible goods and what it was and the user received it. Simple as that and you'll win 99.9% of paypal disputes. This is not to be confused with a charge back which would be done by the users credit card company. In this case unless you have a signature it's not likely you'll win it.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

intangible goods are not covered by seller protection: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ection-outside

but tony is right as well, paypal won't take sides with the seller either - And the only disputes I've mostly dealt with are chargebacks (with a few stupid disputes here and there but I've resolved them manually because the money in question wasn't enough to get a headache over. So excuse me for speaking mostly from personal experience in my previous reply. and either way, both buyer and seller will have paypal review the whole thing.

p.s - I also had the idea of a "chargeback" in mind when I read the post the first time.

In my experience, they F**k the seller every time. I once provided undeniable proof that we provided the customer with a service and they still went in favor with the customer.

If the customer pays via their credit card and issues a chargeback on the Paypal transaction, who do you think Paypal is going to side with? You, by giving you the money out of their pocket own pockets to cover what your client screwed you for?

It sucks... I really do agree with you. But from what I have experienced, there's not much you can do to win this. I hope to god the average joe doesnt find out that all you have to do is issue a chargeback on the paypal transaction to get whatever you want for free.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.