Confused between the two companies,,

I got the subject before, the companies that provide servers vps Low prices for my need for him to learn and practice the administration and dealing with firewall

I found two pretty good .. their prices are close, but their specifications are not

Companies is

http://www.hostlambda.com/vps.html

http://www.ramhost.us/?page=virtual-dedicated-server

Are these good specifications and useful to start learning .. Or some of the experiences will be affected by a lack of server specifications?

And your point of view for the companies that were known for some

I wish to respond in the content of the topic and full transparency

Note for the brothers who have not seen what I said earlier .. This server only to learn and experience, training, and apply the lessons and not to host sites .. Or could be a small site for the experiment, but not more than that

Perhaps because I see responses from the weakness of RAM or the like

Greetings

Well both of those companies are just months old..wonder where/how you even found them. I doubt you will be able to get much feedback on these let alone on a sub $4.00 a month VPS as these would have to be kiddie hosts. No "real" company is going to offer VPS plans for $3.00 a month.

Your answer is not useful for me is somewhat remote for the content of an objective and my question ..Or some irony in your words
    .. Thank you

@tcstatic

Newer companies are a higher risk then well established ones with a long track record so you have to know that going in. But there are users and situations where a very cheap very low resource VPS is what you need. That $3 VPS is for 80mb of ram, 10GB of disk and 50GB of transfer. Seems reasonable expectations for the price. Having so many tiny accounts on a server is another issue but as with anything like that it depends on how well the company manages their resources.

I'm a perfect example, I'm currently testing a handful of cheap ($10 and under) VPS accounts for a VPN/SSH Tunnel project. For the target audience even $15 accounts are right at the edge of viability for the project. So my normal unmanaged recommendations while excellent and a good deal just are not appropriate for this need.

As it happens Ramhost is one of the hosts that I'm currently using (micro account) and it has exceeded all my expectations I have for a very inexpensive unmanaged VPS so far (only been a few weeks so too short for a review). Even the VPN benchmark results (revised script final scores into the 400's) have been very good (along with uptime, connectivity and support).

@OP I don't know your other company and I've only been with Ramhost a few weeks but at their prices (and if your need fits their offerings) I say give them a shot. So far my only "pre-review" feedback of them is that at this point their service is NOT geared towards a noob. If you expect a fully fleshed out welcome letter that explains everything in detail you won't get it. Expect some tickets just to figure some basic things out. Additionally response time can take awhile but when they are around they reply quickly.

:-S A private conversation between you and him Hey group I Amatlaptc comment on the prices as much as requested comment on the specifications .. Valid or not .. And the performance of the two companies

K H M

The @OP paragraph was meant at you.

And your point of view for the companies that were known for some
    @K T M - it seems to me that Nnyan gave you a fairly detailed review of Ramhost.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

@Nnyan
    I sent them some mails and they seem serious and helpful. What do think about their control panel https://secure.ramhost.us/vps/ ?
    The best is they seem to be true human beings and I like their non-commercial website design
    Nice benchmark results for such a price, BTW.
    Last edited by Bernard; 09-04-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard View Post
    The best is they seem to be true human beings
    You mean some hosts are run by non-true human beings

---

seriously, the OP could do fine with *any* provider - after all, it is just for testing. Even the so-called kiddie hosts would be fine for your purposes.

Of course, if you can find a cheap plan from an established host, more power to you - but in all honesty you wouldn't need it since you won't actually be hosting anything critical.

$3/mo is a really low price for a vps. But, I still do recommend you take a look at the VPS offers forum. You'll find many good deals over there too.

Good luck in your VPS search.

Control panel is pretty basic and sparse but it gets the basics done. I've seen alot worse in the last few weeks! The one thing I would like to see there is CPU load on your node and VPS account. They also have some alternative methods (sorta like out of band) of getting to your account (if for example you lock yourself out) which is nice.

There are many cheap hosts out there but Ramhost seems pretty reasonable with their resources (not selling 1GB Ram accounts for $9) and Robert seems to know his stuff. You just have to temper your expectations of response times to support tickets.

WOW! Did I read this right (http://www.hostlambda.com/vps.html) $3.99 for VPS?
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Thanks everyone .. But for for .... What about

http://www.hostlambda.com

???

No one knows anything about it

never heard of them but that's not that unusual for such a new host.

At these prices why not get an account with each host and see for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by k h m View Post
    Thanks everyone .. But for for .... What about

http://www.hostlambda.com

???

No one knows anything about it
    This thread is the first I've seen of the company.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I dont know much about these hosts but this fivebean company http://fivebean.com/ is slightly more expensive but they have some good reviews in the forum. Since no one knows much about them try to contact there sales and ask them a few questions.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

If any company, but do not handle the visa system

Waiting for the opinions of other companies

Is it just me, or did HostLambda spell "choice" wrong?

http://www.hostlambda.com/vps.html