hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : Drivers not loading prompting error at start

Forum Jump

Drivers not loading prompting error at start

Reply Post New Thread In Computers and Peripherals Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Drivers not loading prompting error at start

I just ran a virus scan and deleted some files, now when I start the computer I get an error about the registry being recovered. From the event viewer it appears that its related to trying to mount drivers "drvdrv" and "sFxdrv" but cant. I'm guessing these were viruses removed, but they are still denoted in the registry. where would I delete these so the computer no longer tries to load them?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 AM

Hi you could try this :
Drvdrv.dll is Trojan/Backdoor.
Kill the file drvdrv.dll and remove drvdrv.dll from Windows startup.
Removal: drvdrv.dll is removed by RegRun.

night want to search in the regedit too
avast is still a free anti virus for ms that I know of.
Plus go into safe mode . F8 at boot

Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 PM

BostonGuru
I'd say you got it fixed, But just wondering what you ended up doing

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

I had deleted the dlls, as bladedandh pointed out, they were viruses. I then manually disabled them from the services part of the registry. That got rid of the errors in the event viewer, but the main popup still occurred. I told my friend (who's computer it was) that I couldn't get rid of that popup, and she told me not to worry about that because it had been happening since a week after she got her computer. So, in her case, im guessing it might be bad memory.