hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : VPS with multiple IPs

Forum Jump

VPS with multiple IPs

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Premium Member

VPS with multiple IPs

Hello,

Does anyone know of a provider offering cheap VPS with several IPs ? Say 50 to 100 ? This is for running a VPN service.

The config could be 256 mb ram, 1 gb space n 10 gb bandwidth. (Should be upgradable )

This is for one of our long term good clients We are not able to match the price so just want to help him find a good provider.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Unfortunately IP's arn't cheap these days.
When you want IP's in that kind of quantity its hard to find as the host doesn't really make any profit on the IP's... so normally they arn't to excited about using a load of them for $5 profit.

Old
Corporate Member

I doubt many providers will issue that many IPs to a single VPS. Most providers I know of cap a VPS at anywhere from 8-16

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

maybe you can buy IP Class C from provider
i think not cheap.

Old
Premium Member

Class C IPs are expensive than normal IPs.

Does anyone know of a host who sells cheap IPs with VPS ?

Old
WebHostingTalk Lover

What do you consider cheap? For that number of IPs I doubt any provider will sell it below their cost at the minimum.

We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiways1 View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know of a provider offering cheap VPS with several IPs ? Say 50 to 100 ? This is for running a VPN service.
Many hosting providers offer multiple IP's starting $2/IP, but not sure if they can give you 50-100 as it might now be a profitable deal for them.

█ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiways1 View Post
Class C IPs are expensive than normal IPs.

Does anyone know of a host who sells cheap IPs with VPS ?
A class C is just a block of 254 IPs. However, you won't be able to buy one without having 80% utilization within a certain time frame according to ARIN guidelines.

I know FDCServers gives a good amount of IP addresses for free.

As with any provider, you will need to provide good justification for all of those IPs, what is your reasoning for having 50-100 IPs on a single VPS?

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Most VPS providers can only provide 2-3 IPs for each VPS, if you want more IPs, you'll need to order them. IPs are not free for host providers.

Old
Premium Member

Looking to pay $0.50 per IP . Utilization wouldn't be a prob since all IPs will be allocated right away to individual client systems.

The VPS will be running a squid proxy server or openvpn. It to provide anonymous proxy service.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Hi,

Running a proxy on a server is NOT a valid justification for RIPE/ARIN/APNIC. So any hosting provider giving you these IPs, free or to be paid, is unreasonable. All is not about money here, it's about RULES enforced by AUTHORITIES and absolutely ALL of the hosting companies are subject to it.

Thomas

Old
Junior Guru

It is also worth considering that to maximize the anonymity of your clients you should only use one IP address anyway.

For example:

If someone is monitoring traffic to/from my IP address, as soon as I make this post it is quite easy to associate my IP address and me.

If all of my traffic uses this IP address you can see everything that I do.

If only my traffic uses this IP address then everything done from this address is clearly me. So if someone does something sensitive on this connection, it is very obvious who it was - me.

By securely routing all your client's traffic through a single address it becomes much more difficult to associate "something sensitive" with any particular client. Of course you could match the client's (encrypted) traffic to the public (decrypted) traffic by activity if there was only one active client at that particular moment, so again, the more clients the better.

Jim

Old
Disabled

blueroom makes a good comment.

The most IP you may get without proper justification might be 10 max. This is provider dependent.

I suggest you review ARIN/APNIC/RIPE policy to understand the necessary requirements for the IPv4 space.

I dont think anyone will sell for $.50 each.

For vpn use one address and nat will handle the rest.

Good Luck

Old
Premium Member

It is to operate a service similar to strongvpn.com .. or iprental.com ...
both these providers seem to have well over 500 IPs in stock just in the US. how did the manage to get so many ?

If using each IP for a VPS is a valid justification for RIPE, why wouldn't using each IP for a VPN would be invalid ? Any ideas on this ?

The reason to have multiple IPs is to provide users the option to switch IPs . . .Sometimes they might be banned by using a specify IP so having multiple IPs allows them to switch and keep them under radar.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
The reason to have multiple IPs is to provide users the option to switch IPs . . .Sometimes they might be banned by using a specify IP so having multiple IPs allows them to switch and keep them under radar.
Why would they get banned? Anhyway...
I'd probably just skip looking that hard for a solution for this client, point them over to existing solutions that you mentioned, probably not worth the hassle to persue this line of service provision. For me anyway.