Thread: hosting 3 sites

hosting 3 sites

Need a affordable host for 2 joomla sites and a frontpage (lol) site.
    looking for 1GB of space 20GB of BW at the moment - I need to be able to upgrade when teh time comes
    Is Godaddy for real with 300GB bandwidth for their economy plan?!

currently I'm with serverorigin... I'm sure they're great, but the server they put me on is in toronto suburbia... and sometimes my australian packets get lost on the way
    I was with byethost(dot)com for a while (at the time I didn't know that unmetered hosts = bad) and they were great except for that any mp3 (legal) files i had on there would get a 404 half the time.

so can i trust godaddy? what do you guys recommend?

thanks

Cool

You are only using 20 GB bandwidth (and those sites must be VERY busy for that), and you are looking at 300 from GoDaddy? Seems like overkill.
    In my experience a few people are happy with the registrars-turned-hosts like GoDaddy, Dotster, etc. but many are not.
    I would suggest getting a good host with easy upgrade options. Any linux-type host can handle your requirements and believe it or not we still see many FrontPage sites so the extensions for those are very common also.
    You have pretty basic requirements. I wouldn't suggest looking for 10X+ over what you have now (advertised anyway) but something that could comfortably handle your needs, fits your budget, and has whatever amount of support you require. Being realistic in shopping usually leads to higer satisfaction and the registrar/hosts are loaded with fine print so I doubt you would ever get that 300GB if you needed it (which again would require over 10x growth over current.)

Just because they have built a great reputation as a registrar doesn't make for a great web host (and I'm not just talking about them in particular)
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Yeah I agree. You know the saying 'booty blind'?

You are 'number blind'. It's just numbers man - you probably will never use 300GB of data transfer ever. I'm betting it will be a long while before you even use 100GB/m. And at that point, you will undoubtedly need to upgrade to a VPS because your volume of visitors/day will be crazy.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

300Gb Jesus And Much is That, as the poster said overkill lol

You should search here (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php) for GoDaddy to see what others have had to say about their services (those that have used them).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by getastiggy View Post
    looking for 1GB of space 20GB of BW at the moment - I need to be able to upgrade when teh time comes

currently I'm with serverorigin... I'm sure they're great, but the server they put me on is in toronto suburbia... and sometimes my australian packets get lost on the way
    I was with byethost(dot)com for a while (at the time I didn't know that unmetered hosts = bad) and they were great except for that any mp3 (legal) files i had on there would get a 404 half the time.

so can i trust godaddy? what do you guys recommend?

thanks
    I wanted to reply since we were mentioned. Our shared hosting servers are either in: DimeNOC, Staminus, or the KCIX facility. We could possibly move you if you're seeing some sort of packet loss issue. Submit a ticket and provide us a possible traceroute. We may can get you in a better location. Otherwise, you may check on the Australian providers, I know there are a couple reputable ones. It would definitely assist in your response times.

Anyway, best of luck.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

It does make me wonder if the OP contacted ServerOrigin to discuss this with them before deciding to start looking for another provider?

You should always see what your current host can do for you before you start looking for another

Quote Originally Posted by getastiggy View Post
    looking for 1GB of space 20GB of BW at the moment
    what constitutes 'affordable' ?

Something tells me that you may have problems pushing 300Gb with Joomla sites on a $4 shared hosting account. Besides, Godaddy's hosting is too slow to really consider for CMS based websites. There are definitely better options out there, and not much more expensive either.

300G of BD?It is much better than such unlimited quota hosts.You will probably never used that much traffic.
    Depends on your requirement,there are a lot of hosts company would meet your needs.Try to search the host name which attract your attention on WHT to find out reviews about them.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.