Hybrid View

Ever glad you don't live there any more?

I just read about a body that was found on Long Island. In reading the story, it turns out he lived in my old apartment building...in the very same apartment I had some 15 years ago before I moved up to upstate NY.
    The area (just a few miles from upscale Westhampton Beach) went from relatively safe but seasonal and depressed economy in the winter to mostly immigrants and gangs these days. They recently busted prostitution rings, drug operations and now murders...

Good to not be there.
    Anyone have a similar experience, where after you'd moved away you heard of serious changes to the old stomping grounds?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

LOL not really. that's crazy. You should move again and see if it happens again...

Actually, it's quite the opposite for me. I grew up in Little Italy in Toronto for 18 years and then moved away. Now, 30+ years later, it is the "in" place to be.

There is a stretch of College St. (about 8 blocks long) where there are no less than 150 restaurants/bars/cafes (everything from Italian to Portuguese to Latin to Persian cuisine). They are literally every other door. As a food lover, that is euphoria. I would love to just be able to take a 2 minute walk to College St. and enjoy this huge selection of places to grab a bite, an espresso, a drink. It has such a European flair and ambiance.

(Dang, I'm hungry now... )

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Actually, it's quite the opposite for me. I grew up in Little Italy in Toronto for 18 years and then moved away. Now, 30+ years later, it is the "in" place to be.

There is a stretch of College St. (about 8 blocks long) where there are no less than 150 restaurants/bars/cafes (everything from Italian to Portuguese to Latin to Persian cuisine). They are literally every other door. As a food lover, that is euphoria. I would love to just be able to take a 2 minute walk to College St. and enjoy this huge selection of places to grab a bite, an espresso, a drink. It has such a European flair and ambiance.

(Dang, I'm hungry now... )

Vito
    I was there last year, cracking area.