* maximhost.com 99.99% copied cubichost.org

I am the head honcho so to speak at cubichost.org, along with my partner Gray which is more active here at WHT than myself, props to him. I was just curious on anyone copying us, so I went over to copyscape.com and did a search cubichost.org

Came up with a few reviews (since we copy and paste some reviews of our service for our testimonial section) as well as this one site that I was surprised to see was almost an exact copy!

maximhost.com

Now the services pages are a few weeks old (I have since updated them, changed to tables since it is tabular data, and is slightly more flexible than the old divs I had in there).

They COMPLETELY fabricated a lie on the about page, claiming 2003 as the year conception. Simply changed from where we had put 2009 (we wouldn't lie about something so stupid)

a quick whois shows
    Domain Name: MAXIMHOST.COM
    Created on: 01-Aug-09
    Expires on: 01-Aug-10
    Last Updated on: 07-Aug-09

Also, they went the directory with php files route, instead of mod_rewrite route. They didn't get our source files (which is a good thing of course) but copied them line for line saving them as individual php files.

Also, same package names, with MUCH higher prices.

RIDICULOUS!!!

now our website is completely unique. I purchased the PSD layout from hv-designs.co.uk (props to this man, he is a brilliant designer, if at all you need designs, for free, or cheap, this is the place, great prices, great designs, nuff said)

I then personally sliced and coded the PSD by hand with 100% unique code! The same style of code I use every time. From the PSD I really only used a few images (the rounded corners, the title / slogan image, and the navbar images). All the other graphics came from various free icon sets that I thought went very nice with the website.

maximhost.com copied every image as well. Sorry to say maxim but you don't stand a chance. Your copy is cheap, your prices are weak, and your lies are leaked.

How does this make you guys feel?

Have you ever had this happen to you? and to this extent?

And lastly, how do you go about getting this taken down? (I will contact the owner tomorrow, but if that doesn't work, what is the next step to get rid of this CLEAR plagiarism)
    Last edited by ccc353; 09-04-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Issue a DMCA, Contact their Datacenter. Unfortunately this is not uncommon.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Design rips happen often. The most you can do is to directly contacting the domain owner or contacting their upstream provider to let them know about it. No guarantees though.

Like I said in a thread earlier, these guys present no threat to you.

I think we should all make bets on how long this company will actually be around. You got to think about the mindset of the person.

They rip a design because they don't feel like going through the effort to have their own site designed, they don't want to pay money, and/or don't want to put in the time to learn it themselves.

What does this tell you about their 'business'? It's just some guy who has never made money online and doesn't have the right material in him to be a business owner. This guy is in it for the short run only - probably under the impression that all he needs to do is throw up a website and call it a day.

I bet $5 this 'company' will be dead in 1 month from now.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

My money is on a couple of months at MAX - probably not more than that anyways.
    Wherrelz Corp Product Builders.

Usually most of these companies are after a quick buck, Most of the time they will fail. I am not sure you can put a bet on their existance. For all we know they could disappear tomorrow or a year from now
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I thought i've seen this template at TemplateMonster.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cheng View Post
    I thought i've seen this template at TemplateMonster.com?

I doubt it, but even then they stole all of the coding and content.

Anyways, we are working to resolve the issue.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

That's quite a bad rip, unlucky!

Quote Originally Posted by CubicH-Gray View Post
    I doubt it, but even then they stole all of the coding and content.
    You doubt it? Where did you get the template to begin with out of curiosity?

Anyways, we are working to resolve the issue.
    Sounds good! I'm not trying to be critical of you - what you said just piqued my curiosity
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    You doubt it? Where did you get the template to begin with out of curiosity?

Sounds good! I'm not trying to be critical of you - what you said just piqued my curiosity

Read the OP.

now our website is completely unique. I purchased the PSD layout from hv-designs.co.uk (props to this man, he is a brilliant designer, if at all you need designs, for free, or cheap, this is the place, great prices, great designs, nuff said)
    Sometimes people steal templates and upload them to sites like template monster to try and make money which is why I said 'I doubt it'.
    //CubicHost.org

Read the OP.

Sometimes people steal templates and upload them to sites like template monster to try and make money which is why I said 'I doubt it'.
    template monster consists of in house designers only I thought so how is that even possible?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    template monster consists of in house designers only I thought so how is that even possible?
    OK, so then nevermind. I don't 'doubt' it anymore. Maybe Mr. Cheng confused it with another template.
    //CubicHost.org

I'm very sorry this situation had to occur and I've been in the same situation before when someone stealing my designs. I found the best way to get the designs removed was to contact the data center directly and explain the situation to them. Make sure your nice (always helps) and include screen shots that will show that this infact is 'YOUR' design. I would strongly suggest if you don't have the Photoshop Files (PSD) to contact http://hv-designs.co.uk and ask for them. I hope I've been helpful and the situation get resolved in a timely manner for you. Best of luck to you.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

MaximHost did not get the PSD. They simply saved all our images. And all our page output and saved them as individual PHP files. The PSD is available for purchase by others, it isn't exclusive to us. However, its a very obvious rip, every image, code, and content. Despite the PSD being purchasable, the images and way it is sliced and coded will always be unique, not many can slice and code in quite the same way.

Read the OP.
    Ah good point - it has been a day or so since I last read the original post as I've just been checking in on the thread for new replies.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

OK, so then nevermind. I don't 'doubt' it anymore. Maybe Mr. Cheng confused it with another template.
    So you mean that template was self-made?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cheng View Post
    So you mean that template was self-made?
    No, I mean it was exclusive to hv-designs so if another templating site has it for sale then my guess would be they are using it without permission.
    //CubicHost.org

templatemonster is a reseller site they just might have permission to resell this template.

The point is, they didnt buy or otherwise obtain the PSD and slice and code their own, they straight up saved the output of each of our pages as individual php files.

They wont get far im sure, they dont even have a billing system in place.

If you need help forming up a DMCA let me know and I will type it up and email it to you, then all you need to do is sign it and either A) Fax it or B) Send it by courier, option B has the best impact.

I get college credit!
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

With no offence to you, Garrett - but it's just like lawyers to view profit in every loss. Here's to the glass-always-half-full guys!
    Wherrelz Corp Product Builders.