Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How is hostnexus for windows hosting?

I am planning to place an order with hostnexus for a windows hosting. I saw them first on whreviews and got impressed by their professional site and quick response to my queries via email.

But can any existing or past customers share their opinions about their uptime, suppor or any other issues? Is it comparable to hostgator for linux?

I've used Hostnexus Windows hosting in the past and I can say they are a reliable company.

Decent support, decent not-overloaded servers.

I can't compare them with Hostgator. Haven't used them.

idk about Hg for windows stuff personally i would go with a vps from kickass vps for windows so you can control everything i hear good things about them
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

1. Do the search for the domain name of them here to find out reviews
    2. Visit web ister and check if they have customer forum (I suppose the best way to get in touch with their actual customers)

Quote Originally Posted by john551 View Post
    I saw them first on whreviews and got impressed by their professional site and quick response to my queries via email.
    That is honest review web is the and you can trust it. For the windows web hosting that is recommended to visit asp.net forums for more information
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

I would steer clear of hostnexus. They have no phone support and while they are quick to reply to sales request emails, their technical support is terrible. Slow, unresponsive, servers offline for hours at a time with no answer. They don't keep past complaints in their forums. Whatever they have done, their plesk control panel setup is terribly slow most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sheic View Post
    I've used Hostnexus Windows hosting in the past and I can say they are a reliable company.

Quote Originally Posted by sheridan1 View Post
    I would steer clear of hostnexus. They have no phone support and while they are quick to reply to sales request emails, their technical support is terrible. Slow, unresponsive, servers offline for hours at a time with no answer. They don't keep past complaints in their forums. Whatever they have done, their plesk control panel setup is terribly slow most of the time.
    me and the other guy used them with no issues. have any proof to back your claims?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Do not subscribe to HostNexus

Do not sign up with HostNexus. I have had my business hosted with them since April/May, and every few weeks have had e-mail issues with them lasting for about one hour, then it's gotten fixed. Our latest issue, since Friday morning at about 6:00 AM I had arrived at the office early and noticed all of our outboxes in Outlook 2007 were cluttering with unsent messages. Apparently they were having issues with their SMTP server. After spending a good amount of time on "live chat" with two of their support reps the ultimate conclusion that we came to is that over 8 hours later they maintain that "we are showing no problems on the server" and it's an isolated issue.

I own a 2-3 million dollar a year small business heavily dependent on e-mail (we regularly need to send/receive e-mails with inventory lists for purchase/sale) and am absolutely disgusted with how things have gone since Friday. They have clearly demonstrated a lack of ability to resolve this issue, and I was eventually told that today (Sunday the 6th) they were performing a Plesk control panel upgrade and that would fix the issue (though I doubt this is in any way related to the e-mail trouble we were having). It seemed quite like a way to get me to stop contacting them rather than an actual solution they were offering.

As a part of the e-mails I receive are an "every 3 hour" broadcast with a summary of industry related equipment available for sale and now past 9:00PM I notice the last time I received this was around noon today. So, over 9 hours later I realize from no e-mails on my BlackBerry my e-mail with them has been down for likely 9+ hours. As well, our site is down (apparently the upgrade they are doing has not worked and the server is down). You can go to the HostNexus forums and see complaints by other users on today's upgrade.

I'm at the point where at the end of this week I expect to switch to another host as they clearly are incapable of resolving the issues which we have been reporting with e-mail delays, and this upgrade has apparently gone terribly.

They have no phone support, so I am at the mercy of awaiting a reply by e-mail now, but the big problem here is we're an e-mail dependent business where if we miss the wrong e-mail it can cost us - who knows, $10,000, maybe more.

If you require reliability, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something where you only need to check your e-mail every couple days, their service will probably work just fine for you, but there obviously are better hosts.

I'm just disgusted to the point where I'd pursue legal action but apparently their Terms of Use I agreed to prohibit that. Oh well - that's capitalism. There's MUCH better hosts out there.

Hope this info helps.

- G

@darkeden

Proof, yes a great deal, and the most recent came today with a server downtime of over 10 hours with it having issues for the past couple of months. Here is a forum reply by one of their tech's. Note the mention of "hourly".

We have an update..............

First of all my apologies for the lack of updates. Normally I'd be updating hourly but I got sidetracked with other work and it doesn't look like tickets have been updated.

As is often the case with Plesk upgrades on Windows servers the **** Plesk upgrade gave us many challenges. The good news is that the job is pretty much done and sites should be online within the hour.

This is only one issue!

I am still looking for a new host also. I was hoping hostgator would have windows reseller hosting in place by now as their linux cpanel hosting has been flawless for me over the past year. But sadly they are not rolling that our for a "while" as I've been told. They will be using dotnetpanel. Not sure what is better in the windows control panel arena as I've only used Plesk and my experience with it was terrible. As I mentioned that may have been due to it being an older version and on a slow server.

We have lots of angry clients from our PION server which had issues during teh scheduled Plesk upgrade today and I was called away and not able to give regular updates.

Ironically this upgrade is to fix many of the issues that some people have been complaining about.

Also we had just 4 tickets in teh helpdesk concerning this upgrade when I came back and none of the people posting here put in a ticket to get an update from what I could see.

We definitely don't moderate bad feedback on our forum and our tech support is pretty good. I know people are frustrated over an extended downtime period but it was scheduled. We just need a little more patience and everything will be up very soon.

We do have over 100 servers and over 3,000 clients. I hope people understand you can't judge a host and it's service from one incident reported by 2 angry and frustrated members.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Quote Originally Posted by ssystems View Post
    Do not sign up with HostNexus. I have had my business hosted with them since April/May, and every few weeks have had e-mail issues with them lasting for about one hour, then it's gotten fixed. Our latest issue, since Friday morning at about 6:00 AM I had arrived at the office early and noticed all of our outboxes in Outlook 2007 were cluttering with unsent messages. Apparently they were having issues with their SMTP server. After spending a good amount of time on "live chat" with two of their support reps the ultimate conclusion that we came to is that over 8 hours later they maintain that "we are showing no problems on the server" and it's an isolated issue.

I own a 2-3 million dollar a year small business heavily dependent on e-mail (we regularly need to send/receive e-mails with inventory lists for purchase/sale) and am absolutely disgusted with how things have gone since Friday. They have clearly demonstrated a lack of ability to resolve this issue, and I was eventually told that today (Sunday the 6th) they were performing a Plesk control panel upgrade and that would fix the issue (though I doubt this is in any way related to the e-mail trouble we were having). It seemed quite like a way to get me to stop contacting them rather than an actual solution they were offering.

As a part of the e-mails I receive are an "every 3 hour" broadcast with a summary of industry related equipment available for sale and now past 9:00PM I notice the last time I received this was around noon today. So, over 9 hours later I realize from no e-mails on my BlackBerry my e-mail with them has been down for likely 9+ hours. As well, our site is down (apparently the upgrade they are doing has not worked and the server is down). You can go to the HostNexus forums and see complaints by other users on today's upgrade.

I'm at the point where at the end of this week I expect to switch to another host as they clearly are incapable of resolving the issues which we have been reporting with e-mail delays, and this upgrade has apparently gone terribly.

They have no phone support, so I am at the mercy of awaiting a reply by e-mail now, but the big problem here is we're an e-mail dependent business where if we miss the wrong e-mail it can cost us - who knows, $10,000, maybe more.

If you require reliability, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something where you only need to check your e-mail every couple days, their service will probably work just fine for you, but there obviously are better hosts.

I'm just disgusted to the point where I'd pursue legal action but apparently their Terms of Use I agreed to prohibit that. Oh well - that's capitalism. There's MUCH better hosts out there.

Hope this info helps.

- G
    @darkeden

Proof, yes a great deal, and the most recent came today with a server downtime of over 10 hours with it having issues for the past couple of months. Here is a forum reply by one of their tech's. Note the mention of "hourly".

We have an update..............

First of all my apologies for the lack of updates. Normally I'd be updating hourly but I got sidetracked with other work and it doesn't look like tickets have been updated.

As is often the case with Plesk upgrades on Windows servers the **** Plesk upgrade gave us many challenges. The good news is that the job is pretty much done and sites should be online within the hour.

This is only one issue!

I am still looking for a new host also. I was hoping hostgator would have windows reseller hosting in place by now as their linux cpanel hosting has been flawless for me over the past year. But sadly they are not rolling that our for a "while" as I've been told. They will be using dotnetpanel. Not sure what is better in the windows control panel arena as I've only used Plesk and my experience with it was terrible. As I mentioned that may have been due to it being an older version and on a slow server.
    If your company is worth around 3 million a year you would be better off with a clustering provider or a high end no everselling one if you use email alot. My apologies for not trusting your post There have been over 10 fake reviews from 1 posters this week.

@NexDog

The schedule that hostnexus spoke of was for 6am and of a short duration. It helps when a post contains the full facts.

No replies for hours and unable to contact them is sadly what occurred today. As of this post the sites are still down.

For reference, I did post a support ticket without reply.

I hope people understand you can't judge a host for a single one day outage but you can when issues have occurred over months and months and you were told it was not their fault.

Ironically months later you get an email of an upgrade detailing...

"As is often the case with Plesk upgrades on Windows servers the ***** Plesk upgrade gave us many challenges. The good news is that the job is pretty much done and sites should be online within the hour. This should bring some needed stability to the server."

I suppose the word "stability" says it all.

Maybe I've been extremely unlucky with this "unstable" server that I've been on for the past few months.

@darken

I don't care if you trust my post or not. I know it's true and webhostingtalk can confirm that at their discretion. Making accusations of this nature is not very polite.

You don't work for hostnexus do you?

The reason I have a small post number is I am not listing my real hostnexus handle as I fear repercussions from their support department. Once I find a stable host I'll gladly post every email I have received from their support department.

I wouldn't say that PION has been that unstable. It's had a few issues mostly noticed by us, a few HTTP outages here and there that don't last very long.

You don't need to worry about repurcussions. I'm more interested about working out your issues. No ticket has not been replied to. Please PM me your ticket number in case it was posted to the wrong department or something.

Once the server is back up (should be very soon, some accounts are already back) please just give the server a few weeks to gauge things. If all has gone to plan everything should be just fine.

@darken

I don't care if you trust my post or not. I know it's true and webhostingtalk can confirm that at their discretion. Making accusations of this nature is not very polite.

You don't work for hostnexus do you?

The reason I have a small post number is I am not listing my real hostnexus handle as I fear repercussions from their support department. Once I find a stable host I'll gladly post every email I have received from their support department.
    I said my apologies which I apologized for if you read the post.... and all you had to do was report your domain for verification XD.

I think what you may want to try a cloud type provider of sorts or a provider that has email on multiple servers. http://www.medialayer.com is expensive but have great reviews here and I had no issues with them the whole time I managed a shared for someone.

I assure you, this is very real and sheridan and I are not the same person.

***I must update that NexDog is actively working with me by e-mail right now, and hopefully he is able to bring about a resolution to these matters.

- G

I assure you, this is very real and sheridan and I are not the same person.

***I must update that NexDog is actively working with me by e-mail right now, and hopefully he is able to bring about a resolution to these matters.

- G
    Nope thats my bad quoted the wrong text. But with the money your making you could try a email company that only works with email and get your site hosted somewhere else so you have 2 different forms of email.

I'll see how they handle this issue then will know how to proceed. Thanks for the advice, that is something to do if they are unable to fix but at present I have yet to decide what action I will take.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sheic View Post

what about bluehost, godaddy and 1and1?
    what about the price, guys?

Update... Server still offline and reports now they are doing a restoration as they upgrade didn't take.

Some companies will have a secondary server where they will mirror the current working server, upgrade it to make sure everything went well before placing it online. Sadly in this case, that is not implemented with hostnexus.

Quote Originally Posted by tienlennmt View Post
    what about bluehost, godaddy and 1and1?
    what about the price, guys?
    The only one of those I've worked with is GoDaddy, and it's because I use them as my domain registrar. My personal e-mail account is hosted with them, and it's never gone down. Ironically, whenever I have these problems with HostNexus, they have to e-mail me on my personal account because it's hosted with another company (GoDaddy) which never has gone down.

As for my present issue - I understand HostNexus is investigating the matter. I just hope they can figure out what the issue is and resolve it. Will post an update once I have one.

Thanks,

G

I own a 2-3 million dollar a year small business heavily dependent on e-mail (we regularly need to send/receive e-mails with inventory lists for purchase
    You should consider getting business-class email. Doesn't have to be with the same company where your site is hosted. Can even be an on-premise solution.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Update... Server still offline and reports now they are doing a restoration as they upgrade didn't take.

Some companies will have a secondary server where they will mirror the current working server, upgrade it to make sure everything went well before placing it online. Sadly in this case, that is not implemented with hostnexus.
    "Some companies" = "Hardly Any".

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    You should consider getting business-class email. Doesn't have to be with the same company where your site is hosted. Can even be an on-premise solution.
    As mentioned will see what the end result on my matter is and then will decide how to proceed. Thanks for the tip.

- G

Quote Originally Posted by NexDog View Post
    "Some companies" = "Hardly Any".
    Actualy some companies meaning alot. I know a few hosts that do this a large amount of the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast