* Dont go for HoneLive Atom Server

I bought an atom server 4 months back. After a week hard disk crashed (1st time). It was replaced and things were reinstalled. Just today the hard disk again crashed, I think they r using cheap hardware and that's y they were able to give cheap servers.
      0 Not allowed!

Or you might have bad luck
    Can't they give you another brand new server?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    » Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime
      0 Not allowed!

Could be a bad batch of hard drives? Ask for one that isn't part of the batch they have been using.
    Mean Servers - Mean Business
    █ Denver & Los Angeles - Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Managed Services
    Mean Servers - www.MeanServers.com
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Sounds more like bad luck than entirely their fault. They replace things that go bad (like I had a mobo go bad last year and they got it replaced in no time) in reasonable time so at least they do that I guess and were willing to help get you back up and running. I mean that's what RAID and offsite backups are for, to stop or prevent hardware failure (unless everything in the array / backups fails then at which you're SOL).
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm going to have to agree with Redrock. Simply ask them to use a hard drive from a different batch. Let us know how it works out.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

We have got an Atom server with them for backup and development purposes and they seem to work great. Did they explain what is the cause of the crash?
      0 Not allowed!

I'm of the same opinion as the rest. My perception is that Anantha runs a tight ship, and I'm confident he'll remedy your hardware issues.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers
      0 Not allowed!

It is also possible that that system happened to have a flaky SATA controller and thus after time most disks will end up going. We've seen that on a rare occasion, even on high end motherboards. Hardware failures happen across the board. They're less likely with high end hardware, but it doesn't mean they won't happen.

As far as hard drives, all hard drives have basically the same reliability. According to Google's studies, there is really no noticeable difference between brands/series of hard drives.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers
      0 Not allowed!

Anantha builds some of the nicest servers I've ever seen and he doesn't cheap out on the hardware.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe it's heat related? If you get your system back online, try running a smartd command to see what the ambient temp on the hard drive is.

Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by subbu View Post
    I bought an atom server 4 months back. After a week hard disk crashed (1st time). It was replaced and things were reinstalled. Just today the hard disk again crashed, I think they r using cheap hardware and that's y they were able to give cheap servers.
    Well well well...you are quick to post a negative review after all the help we gave you with your server right from DirectAdmin configuration to domain name issues, despite us being an UNmanaged dedicated server provider.

And did you mention the fact we gave you a refund when the hard drive failed? I guess that slipped your mind huh?

Anyways it was a bad SATA cable which was replaced in minutes, no data was lost.

Let me make it clear right now, hardware fail, that is their nature, its unfortunate that it happened to you twice. If you are dissatisfied with us you are more than welcome to look elsewhere for hosting with the same price, quick support and being unmanaged, good luck!
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com
      0 Not allowed!

hnlv atom server is working great for me
      0 Not allowed!

Oh the thread shows anantha has been doing really amazing job.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HNLV View Post
    Well well well...you are quick to post a negative review after all the help we gave you with your server right from DirectAdmin configuration to domain name issues, despite us being an UNmanaged dedicated server provider.

And did you mention the fact we gave you a refund when the hard drive failed? I guess that slipped your mind huh?

Anyways it was a bad SATA cable which was replaced in minutes, no data was lost.

Let me make it clear right now, hardware fail, that is their nature, its unfortunate that it happened to you twice. If you are dissatisfied with us you are more than welcome to look elsewhere for hosting with the same price, quick support and being unmanaged, good luck!
    Great customer service there!
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support
      0 Not allowed!

I regret everything...actually I reported to remove this post. I spoiled the company's name and mine too.
      0 Not allowed!

I regret everything...actually I reported to remove this post. I spoiled the company's name and mine too.
    i wouldn't worry .. this thread actually helps hnlv's reputation. look at the number of positive replies and the company's quick resolve.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by W1zzard View Post
    i wouldn't worry .. this thread actually helps hnlv's reputation. look at the number of positive replies and the company's quick resolve.
    my negative reply is adding more reputation for them.

Also my issue was a bad SATA cable and it was taken care of by Anantha. Thx for support. I think my luck is going down....
      0 Not allowed!

subbu, you could merely edit your OP with an addendum that states the issue was resolved.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xenu View Post
    subbu, you could merely edit your OP with an addendum that states the issue was resolved.
    nope you can not
      0 Not allowed!