SSHI2 PHP Extension on DreamHost

I need to I need to install ssh2 php extension in dreamhost shared. I try to compile but fails. Then i compile in a centos vm in my pc and i put the ssh2.so in /home/gamehunters/game-hunters.com/cgi-bin and i add to php.ini the following lines
    [SSH2]
    extension="ssh2.so"
    But it doesnt works. The i look to the log and appears that:

[I cant post it ouse im n00b but it says that basicaly I need to I need to install ssh2 php extension in dreamhost shared. I try to compile but fails. Then i compile in a centos vm in my pc and i put the ssh2.so in /home/gamehunters/game-hunters.com/cgi-bin and i add to php.ini the following lines

[SSH2]

extension="ssh2.so"

But it doesnt works. The i look to the log and appears that:

[Thu Sep 03 08:46:39 2009] [error] [client 65.116.251.178] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './ssh2.so' - ./ssh2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

whats the problem. Is the ssh2.so? can anyone compile by me? im compilling andi think that is my error. How can i put ssh2 working?

whats the problem. Is the ssh2.so? can anyone compile by me? im compilling andi think that is my error. How can i put ssh2 working?

I contact but afeter beeing talking with 4 diferent technicians the answer has been that:

We cant support you in third party scripts and midules. Sorry, is out policy

No aswers?

I Googled it and found this:

http://www.cognitionis.com/ssh2-php-module/

It says:

config.status: executing depfiles commands
    Password:
    gamehunters is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
    [diamondbacks]$

if anyone can compile by me, please do it

If you're trying to build in an extension or module or anything like that into PHP, you will need to install, manage, and use your own custom PHP installation on DreamHost. Have you tried this? If not, you can learn how to do this in the wiki here:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Installing_PHP5

As is mentioned, DreamHost can not provide support for this sort of thing but you will need to use your own custom PHP installation if you'd like to build in custom extensions.

That wiki article should help you get around your compiling issue as it will show you how to compile and install it into your home directory.

I dont want to instale custom php couse i want the dh updates i only want the ssh2.so to run a web game panel. Please can anyone compile by me and upload the ssh2.so

Anyone can??

Quote Originally Posted by carmaster View Post
    I dont want to instale custom php couse i want the dh updates i only want the ssh2.so to run a web game panel. Please can anyone compile by me and upload the ssh2.so
    This is not possible, unfortunately. You'll need to install your own custom version of PHP. If you check out the wiki article, though, you'll see that there's a pre-built installer script which copies the DreamHost binaries into your home directory. If you run this when PHP is updated (subscribe to the http://www.dreamhoststatus.com RSS feed to stay updated) you will keep your custom PHP version up to date as well.