Right, now then. ConnectSwitch.

I know there's a massive thread about this company on here somewhere else but this is my own experience.

I signed up (as did many others) to the 5 per month deal Sam put online. Seems like this was a huge mistake. I got the UK one first and installed phpsysinfo as I do on every server I have and it showed an Intel Xeon 2.8GHz with 512kb cache. It was constantly going offline and I just had no end of problems with it. I ordered a VPS on a DE node with the same offer and got placed on a newer Quad Xeon 2.6GHz node. Everything was fine, until we got an email saying we were being moved back to the UK.

Today I find out that my VPS has gone down and this is a problem on the node? So they have to reboot it (they told me this on live help, but still wanted me to submit a ticket even though they were fully aware of the problem) and get them back online. This was 4 hours ago now and to top it all off! I go onto live support again and as it's connected I get some weird server connection message and I refresh the page and the live support has dissappeared? I'm not happy with the service I've received before and after connectswitch changed hand.

On hand with IPs to verify I'm a customer with them.
    I urge you to stay away from ConnectSwitch.
    NetHosted Ltd. - UK Based Web Hosting
    Like us on Facebook!

I am curious, what convinced you to sign up with them in the first place?

They were offering 50GB HDD and 1TB of bandwidth for that price and I had a project at the time that needed a lot of bandwidth. So I thought if I was paying for it, I would use it
    Like us on Facebook!

5 and 1TB bandwidth, you should know that just sounds too good to be true...
    Hope it gets better for you guys using them
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    5 and 1TB bandwidth, you should know that just sounds too good to be true...
    Hope it gets better for you guys using them
    I knew it was, but if they advertise it, for that price - then I'll damn well use what they're selling to me.

I've now found out why it's offline and it's becuse they're shutting down the DE/NL nodes and moving everyone to the UK. Now I knew this was happening, but I emailed them 10 minutes after they sent out the email asking to be told when they'll be shut off so I can get the data off in time. But they didn't reply and now they've lost my VPS altogether..

To: [email protected]
    Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE: READ IMMEDIATELY
    Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:43:32 +0100

Sent: 02 September 2009 15:56:59
    To: [email protected]

The company is a joke, I'm sorry. But I will not be trading with Sam, OSHS or any of their brands ever again.
    Like us on Facebook!

lol, backups are the key to life
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Being a hosting provider yourself, I really think you might have had a thought as to ConnectSwitch's approximate costs, and therefore a thought as to their long term sustainability (or rather, lack thereof).

Chalk it up to experience and move on as quickly as possible... once bitten, twice shy.
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting

I want to file a Paypal Dispute with the previous owner.
    The GBP5 ad was a joke.

Another thing to add to this mess, I login this morning to my UK VPS with ConnectSwitch and it's unresponsive, I submit a ticket and they say my password isn't working which now means it's responsive and they can get on to it. I attempt another login and it has a weird login screen that's been customised, but it wasn't me? It looks like they've turned off my UK VPS and given the IP to another client! This company, is beyond a joke - how they can call themselves a business when they run like this, is beyond me. I will be doing my best to receive compensation for the hours of ballsache they have given me and for the revenue I have lost in down-time and woe betide them if they tell me to go to Sam to sort it out as this is their problem. I paid for a service, they took it over and then stopped my services. I have just under 2 weeks left on both servers I had..

Not a happy bunny,
    Bret
    Like us on Facebook!