Hybrid View

Recommended UK Dedicated Server

Hi everyone, I currently have a VPS package with wiredtree although I think they are brilliant!! I want to see if there is a UK equvilent with similar prices, probably dreaming but worth a try.. I'm looking for some killer offers to make me switch...

Some things require
    Managed
    99.999999% uptime
    Fast ping time
    UK Based
    Cpanel, whm, fantastico
    Good experiences...

If not; I'll probably will stay and upgrade with wiredtree....thanks!!!

Moved > Dedicated Server Forum .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Don't know if you're going to get a guaranteed uptime with that figure, but perhaps Rapidswitch might work for you. The thing is, if you're in the UK you're also paying VAT, so if you don't need low pings, you should get a server in the US.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

For UK and otherwise as well:
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/

They are cheap and really big hosts.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    For UK and otherwise as well:
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/
    The OVH servers aren't in the UK, they are in France.

A few that come to my mind are UK2, RapidSwitch and PoundHost.

Smile

sorry i posted in the wrong section i was on my mobile, its a shame none of them offer what wiredtree are at the moment,

as far as i can tell the IP for OVH come back as the UK. The extras are a bit expensive.. geolocate IPs 149 setup + 49 and cpanel 24.99 extra

thanks for the more recommendations are welcome
    Ash.

If you need it managed, to be sure to check a) the host is actually providing a managed server and b) what they are providing in terms of management.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Managed as wiredtree have.. i suspecting its fully managed as that is all that is offered as far as i can tell.

I can install my own scripts etc, but maintenance/updates and monitoring have to be included as a host.
    Ash.

As far as I know Wiredtree certianly is managed but does allow you root access.

So you need to look for a fully managed host that allows root access.

You also want cPanel etc as you have already mentioned.

Do you have a budget or spec that you want or are you looking for the provider to help advise on what you need ?
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Managed and root access don't usually go hand in hand - so make sure you check as to the level of management offered. Lots of providers will retain root access, but offer to install or configure anything according to your requirements. From their perspective, this is much better since retaining root access means that the client can't break the server. :p
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

While that's true, the fact is when running cPanel/WHM you will need root access in order to setup hosting accounts and alike.

But that could be constrained to access to WHM only or done through a restricted access.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I know ResellerZoom (http://www.resellerzoom.com) used to offer Reseller Packages located in the UK perhaps they do the same for dedicated servers. If you have time that might be a company you want to check out for your dedicated server. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

contact david from ukservers.com - some great servers with free cpanel.