Godaddy is so confusing

I recently bought a hosting plan and added a domain name as a primary domain. Now I want to use another domain and completely remove the first one, so added domain #2. But I can't find any way to change that. There are 2 icons near to each domain, edit and remove. I can only edit or remove domain #2 and when I try to make it the primary domain I get this error "Domain name is used. Please select a new domain name." The domain is new, just registered it.

So tried these, didin't work, tried contacting support and got this reply:
    "Thank you for contacting online support. We apologize for the confusion regarding this matter. However, you will first need to remove the aliased domain (as a domain must be unused and not assigned to any hosting resource in order to replace an existing primary domain).

To delete an aliased domain from your hosting account please use the following instructions:

• Select "Hosting" under the "My Products" section.
    • Next to the hosting account you want to modify, click 'Manage Account'.
    The Hosting Manager screen will display.
    • Click on the 'Domain Management' under the 'Settings' category.
    • Check the box to the left of the domain you would like to remove.
    • Click the 'Remove' icon.
    • Click 'OK'."

But that didn't help either. I just cannot select the remove button for the primary domain. My last try was to change the dns for domain #2 to be the same as domain #1 and got this "New and old nameservers are the same. No changes were made." So what the hell is wrong? The domain is new, never changed the name servers!

Why is it so hard with godaddy? I'm really pissed off but tried to be calm while wiritng this. I wanted to cancel the hosting plan and never return to godaddy but thought I make a last try and ask here for an advice. Thanks.

Even the simplest tasks can take longer or don't get fixed at all at godaddy if it's outside their custom panel or the panel gives an error.

It took me about 4 tickets just for them to delete a domain that was not removed from my account when it got taken from me but it was still up for renewal and I couldn't change it's status.
    Got Fused?

godaddy is good for only one thing registering domains enough said i have had many clients come from them and there systems are a nightmare to work with sometimes. so i feel your pain.

i would recomend that next time you need a domain just use them for that and get hosting form some where else or use enom they have a very simple CP and easy to understand. I use enom now for everythign personl and business.
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Siropel View Post
    Even the simplest tasks can take longer or don't get fixed at all at godaddy if it's outside their custom panel or the panel gives an error.

It took me about 4 tickets just for them to delete a domain that was not removed from my account when it got taken from me but it was still up for renewal and I couldn't change it's status.
    Uh sorry to hear that. I kindda feel the message I got was a standard one, because I told them to make those changes for me as I cannot do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Area51 View Post
    godaddy is good for only one thing registering domains enough said i have had many clients come from them and there systems are a nightmare to work with sometimes. so i feel your pain.

i would recomend that next time you need a domain just use them for that and get hosting form some where else or use enom they have a very simple CP and easy to understand. I use enom now for everythign personl and business.
    Can you tell me what are the prices for the linux hosting? I don't want to make an account just for that. But I like the fact that they have the storage space and bandwith limited, I'm sick of seeing "unlimited bandwith for $3"

Quote Originally Posted by Christine561 View Post
    I recently bought a hosting plan and added a domain name as a primary domain. Now I want to use another domain and completely remove the first one, so added domain #2. But I can't find any way to change that. .
    Go into the dns manager and park the domain first.

I suppose web hosting support should take care of it. That is their task. I have no idea why you think you need take care of that

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    I suppose web hosting support should take care of it. That is their task. I have no idea why you think you need take care of that
    As far as I know from the reviews that is impossible to the customers get in touch with support of godaddy
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Go into the dns manager and park the domain first.
    Thanks for the tip, tried going there but I only have copy, delete, and status buttons I can access. Maybe I don't know how to do it. Anyway, I don't care anymore, I'm going for another host. Too bad I paid for 3 months at godaddy...and I was so anxious to start a blog :|

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Well I sent them a support ticket and got a reply that looks like a standard one based on some keywords in my email. I don't think they bothered reading. The problem would be already fixed if someone would have read the email, because I kindly asked them to remove the domain from the account because I can't.

I appears then, Godaddy is getting TOO big. It's has more customers then it can handle which is NOT a good idea.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Godaddy might be big but their website pages are oversized.
    I mean 600kb to 1mb is the size of one page.

I really pitty the Dial ups who even think about GoDaddy.
    First add the second domain and then remove the first.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Thats MASSIVE, even when i make a web site with 10+ images, they bearly touch 400kb.

Still, 1 MB page? Link?
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine561 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, tried going there but I only have copy, delete, and status buttons I can access. Maybe I don't know how to do it. Anyway, I don't care anymore, I'm going for another host. Too bad I paid for 3 months at godaddy...and I was so anxious to start a blog :|
    You didn't go all the way. Direct way is to go to My Products after login, click on Domain Manager there. You will need to go there anyway to change nameservers for new host.

This should not be stopping you from starting a blog. Perhaps you are trying to do the wrong thing for the right reason or vice versa. What is it exactly you are trying to accomplish?

(BTW, the situation in not dissimilar if you were at another host. Typically, in many control panels, your site would need to be deleted and recreated to be connected to a different primary domain)

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    You didn't go all the way. Direct way is to go to My Products after login, click on Domain Manager there. You will need to go there anyway to change nameservers for new host.

This should not be stopping you from starting a blog. Perhaps you are trying to do the wrong thing for the right reason or vice versa. What is it exactly you are trying to accomplish?

(BTW, the situation in not dissimilar if you were at another host. Typically, in many control panels, your site would need to be deleted and recreated to be connected to a different primary domain)
    Well I didnt go all the way because I don't know how. It would have been easier if I just had to tranfer the site, upload the content and chnge the dns. Btw the domain is not registered at godaddy so I need to change the dns in other place.

This isn't stopping me to make a blog, only changing the host What was I trying to accomplish? Delete one domain from the hosting account...that's all. I don't have that option in the hosting manager so asked the godaddy support to do that for me. Useless

So what are you looking for in a new host, Christine?

How much disk space and bandwidth do you need? What are you looking to spend per month? Are there special features you need?

You can still change host. Just change the nameservers to the ones for new host at your registrar. After that it won't matter what your domain looks like at GoDaddy